BIM Trichy Admissions 2011-2013, Queries

Puys, Admissions to the 28th batch (2011-13) of Bharathidasan Institute of Management,Trichy are due to begin tomorrow. Shoot all your admission related queries in this thread. Some useful links: BIM Website Admissions page Admissio…

Puys,

Admissions to the 28th batch (2011-13) of Bharathidasan Institute of Management,Trichy are due to begin tomorrow. Shoot all your admission related queries in this thread. Some useful links:

BIM Website
Admissions page
Admissions E-brochure

Online registration portal

Some additional information:

1) No. of seats is 120

2) Admissions will be on the basis of CAT scores only

3) Last year's cutoffs for OC was 94.62%-ile

placements?? lowest, average n highest..

soni 89 Says
placements?? lowest, average n highest..

Hi Soni,

Do check out our website for details about placements
Also go thru our placement report

For the 25th batch (class of 2010)

Average salary -8.34 LPA
median- 7.60
highest- 9.84
lowest-5.00

1) Is BIM moving to their new campus this year ?
2) What is % of students with workex in the current batch ?
3) What are job profiles offered for finance and marketing ?
4) What is the total fees for 2 yrs including mess and hostel ?

The official website mentions the reservation under various quotas as 'According to Tamil Nadu Government norms'.
Kindly elaborate on these and provide the number of seats with the breakup across different categories.
Can you also enlighten me regarding the weigtage given to cat score/acads/workex et al?
Thanks in advance.
:cheers:

what is the fees?

1.BIM will not be moving to the new campus this year.

2.68% of them are people with work-ex in the current batch(Class of 2012).

3.Please refer executive placements report uploaded by Swetha for details on various profiles offered in Finance and marketing.

4.Total Programme fee is approximately Rs.550000/- for the two years excluding Mess expenses approx. Rs.20000 P.A. (likely to be changed)

Cheers,
K.Balakumaran
Public Relations committee,
BIM Trichy

The official website mentions the reservation under various quotas as 'According to Tamil Nadu Government norms'.
Kindly elaborate on these and provide the number of seats with the breakup across different categories.
Can you also enlighten me regarding the weigtage given to cat score/acads/workex et al?
Thanks in advance.
:cheers:

The seat breakup details and weight-age given to cat score/acads/work-ex are not disclosed even to us !

However in last year PG thread, we had discussed abt seat breakup and arrived at certain numbers (pure guess I should say) .. I'll post that once i find it 😃

Hi,

Thanks for opening this thread. I was getting an error page when I tried 'new user registration'. However, it seems to be fine now...why is this thread not so active?? Come on puys...

Ch33rs,
Satish

Q to BIM veterans,

I don't have good academic background nor work exp if I do well in CAT will they call me for GD/PI??? 😞

Info on the registration site:
Admission 2011
The admission process starts from 15th October 2010 to 19th January 2011. Applications are invited from the students.

So we can actually apply after getting our CAT result on 12th January? :wow: If yes, won't the institute lose a sizable number of seats??

Thanks,
Satish

Admission 2011
The admission process starts from 15th October 2010 to 19th January 2011. Applications are invited from the students.

So we can actually apply after getting our CAT result on 12th January? :wow: If yes, won't the institute lose a sizable number of seats??

Thanks,
Satish

Actually they may lose sizable number of application forms. But I think as one of the top B School they are confident about it.
Q to BIM veterans,

I don't have good academic background nor work exp if I do well in CAT will they call me for GD/PI??? :-(

As stated in an earlier post,the OC cutoff last year was 94.62%-ile and the calls are given out purely on the basis of CAT scores. This year cutoff can be expected to be higher or lower depending on the number of applications. So just focus on getting a good CAT score.
Admission 2011

Thanks,
Satish

Hiii 😃 nice 2 c u back here ;)

Yes, this was the case for both the 26th and 27th batches too...And it seems to be the same this time..
I think u guys should stop worrying about all this and concentrate scoring well in CAT
ATB ppl 😃

they aren't asking for the work-ex !! am i missing something here ? also the UG marks is not accepting decimals . so i can comfortably round it off i guess .

thanks

what is the last year cut-offs(sectional and overall)?

This is what I found in the BIM Trichy website -

CATEGORY CUT-OFF PERCENTILE (last year)

OC 94.62

BC 73.16

MBC 60.86

SC 60.86

ST 51.67

No idea about sectional cut-offs.

There is no sectional cut-off for BIM

I hope it stays the same or goes down this year, rather than increasing ;). Thanks fr the info.