BIM trichy Admissions 2010-12

Hi Puys, Welcome to the official BIM Trichy, Admissions 2010-12 thread on Pagalguy!! [image] :slight_smile: Iā€™m Swetha from BIM26(2009-11 batch).I request all aspirants to use this thread to put in their queries regarding Admissions in BIM for ā€¦

Hi Puys,

Welcome to the official BIM Trichy, Admissions 2010-12 thread on Pagalguy!!

:)

I'm Swetha from BIM26(2009-11 batch).I request all aspirants to use this thread to put in their queries regarding Admissions in BIM for the year 2010-12.

*Please read the entire thread before posting new questions.
*Please refrain from making comparisons and inappropiate comments in this thread.Let this thread be used only for admission related queries and discussions.
*Please feel free to PM us as well for any concerns not relevant to the thread's general discussion content.

Hi swetha
Thanks for starting the thread.i would like to know BIM's last year sectional and overall CAT cutoffs.also are the calls profile based?i'm a fresh commerce grad.X-88.2%,XII-82.2%,GRAD-83.5%.no great ECs so i want to know if i have a realistic chance of getting a call since being a fresher in a big disadvantage in most cases.
regards
manjushaa

Hi swetha
Thanks for starting the thread.i would like to know BIM's last year sectional and overall CAT cutoffs.also are the calls profile based?i'm a fresh commerce grad.X-88.2%,XII-82.2%,GRAD-83.5%.no great ECs so i want to know if i have a realistic chance of getting a call since being a fresher in a big disadvantage in most cases.
regards
manjushaa

Hi manjushaa

last year the over all cutoff for the gen. category was around 93-94 percentile.There were NO sectional cutoffs last year.As for being a fresher..well...its not really a disadvantage....im a fresher too šŸ˜ƒ n i can assure u that there r a good number of freshers in my batch...soo thats not a problem as long as u hav a good CAT score and perform well in the gd/pi stage..ur marks look good enuf too...soo i would suggest u to apply for BIM n then concentate on cat :)

all the best!!

Hi manjushaa

last year the over all cutoff for the gen. category was around 93-94 percentile.There were NO sectional cutoffs last year.As for being a fresher..well...its not really a disadvantage....im a fresher too šŸ˜ƒ n i can assure u that there r a good number of freshers in my batch...soo thats not a problem as long as u hav a good CAT score and perform well in the gd/pi stage..ur marks look good enuf too...soo i would suggest u to apply for BIM n then concentate on cat :)

all the best!!

Hi..
sorry for intruding.. Though i am not a BIM student, i was a BIM applicant last year.
i guess the cut-off for GD-PI calls was 91 percentile last year as i was called on 92%ile and i also met a guy with 91%.. bot in general category.
though a point worth mentioning is that.. prior to last year.. the cut off was 95%ile coz at that time the college used to call very few participants for the GD PI.
Hi..
sorry for intruding.. Though i am not a BIM student, i was a BIM applicant last year.
i guess the cut-off for GD-PI calls was 91 percentile last year as i was called on 92%ile and i also met a guy with 91%.. bot in general category.
though a point worth mentioning is that.. prior to last year.. the cut off was 95%ile coz at that time the college used to call very few participants for the GD PI.

i agree it was 95 percentile n above for gen. category earlier....but 91 percentile???...anyway im really very sorry for the wrong info...it will not happen again...will confirm it with the admissions office and get back with details tomorrow..sorry guys

@swetha

may i know ur CAT%le?! do u belong to general category?

@swetha

may i know ur CAT%le?! do u belong to general category?

yes im frm the gen.category....n i got 97.67 percentile....hope it helps... šŸ˜ƒ

Hi All,
I have completed ma B.Tech this year and ll give cat. My graduation are 73.36% where do I stand if apply to BIM. One more thing I want to know is that what are the total no of seats,and how many are for General,OBC and SC-ST.
So that we cud hav clear picture.And yes cutoff for each category.
Thanx in advance.

how many seat r there in d different programs???
does it accept cat score??

how many seat r there in d different programs???
does it accept cat score??

I dont know d answer for former question but for the later one yes, it does accept the cat score.

hi guys,

i just clarified the doubt regarding last year's CAT cutoff for admission...it was 91.18 percentile for the general category....

bim has only 1 program.... 120 seats overall....the break up for general, sc, st seats etc wil b as per govt. norms....wil let u know the details as soon as possible...

hi friends

Hi,

I couldn't find details on placement packages on the website. Could you enlighten on that, and also internship programmes?

Best
Saurabh

can sum1 tell me wat is d eligibility criteria 2 be frm TN(tamil nadu) quota n BIM,Trichy???
i hrd dat cut off percntils r low fr TN quota studnts...also i just wnt 2 knw wats d cut off p.c. fr TN studnts nd non-TN studnts fr BIM,Trichy???

my family s stayin n chennai fr past 3 yrs...all my id cards r issued wth my chennai address as Permanent address...i ws born in kolkata nd did my skulin frm kolkata,currntly stdin n NIT kurukshetra(n Haryana)...nd im nt a tamil...ds dat make me eligible fr TN quota???
wud be highly obliged if sum1 replies quickly thnks

any updates on the dates of applying to BIM ??

can sum1 tell me wat is d eligibility criteria 2 be frm TN(tamil nadu) quota n BIM,Trichy???
i hrd dat cut off percntils r low fr TN quota studnts...also i just wnt 2 knw wats d cut off p.c. fr TN studnts nd non-TN studnts fr BIM,Trichy???

my family s stayin n chennai fr past 3 yrs...all my id cards r issued wth my chennai address as Permanent address...i ws born in kolkata nd did my skulin frm kolkata,currntly stdin n NIT kurukshetra(n Haryana)...nd im nt a tamil...ds dat make me eligible fr TN quota???
wud be highly obliged if sum1 replies quickly thnks

u must have a community certificate from TN. tats d eligibility criteria i guess.

any updates on the dates of applying to BIM ??

hi guys,

i just clarified the doubt regarding last year's CAT cutoff for admission...it was 91.18 percentile for the general category....

bim has only 1 program.... 120 seats overall....the break up for general, sc, st seats etc wil b as per govt. norms....wil let u know the details as soon as possible...

hi
i'm really shocked because coincidentally that is exactly what i scored last yr but i thought the cutoff for BIM was 95%ile so i didn't apply:-(.anyway,was thr any sectional cutoff last yr?what will be the possible criterion for this yr?btw when will the application forms be out?

Hey 1 more query.i belong to general category.i was born n brought up in chennai but i'm a telugu by origin.i did my schooling there.same is the case with my parents.i'm staying in hyd only for the past 3 yrs.i've done my graduation in hyd.will i come under TN quota?