BIM Trichi Vs GIM

Hey Guys, I am really confused between BIM Trichi and GIM…I can fill only one of these colleges…Can anyone tell me which of the following colleges is better…Locationwise,Placement,Summer Placement etc…And there last dates are 30 dec…Do u h…

Hey Guys,
I am really confused between BIM Trichi and GIM..I can fill only one of these colleges..Can anyone tell me which of the following colleges is better..Locationwise,Placement,Summer Placement etc...And there last dates are 30 dec..Do u hav any idea were last yr these dates were extended or Not...
Seniors plz help...
Thnx... 😃 😃
Hey Guys,
I am really confused between BIM Trichi and GIM..I can fill only one of these colleges..Can anyone tell me which of the following colleges is better..Locationwise,Placement,Summer Placement etc...And there last dates are 30 dec..Do u hav any idea were last yr these dates were extended or Not...
Seniors plz help...
Thnx... 😃 😃

Well Talking about the comparison between the two institutes, the Philosophy itself distinguishes the the best of the two. GIM was establised by Father Romould d'Souza, Former Director of XLRI & Founder Director of XIMB. He is known for his strong belief in Ethics & Values.

GIM is located 10 mins drive from Panjim. Mumbai, the financial capital of the country is much closer in comparison to BIM. Placement wise.........I would suggest u visit the

http://www.gim.ac.in/placement2006.pdf.

Summers Placement wise, the institute is poised to reap the benefits this year.

& no, last year the dates for GIM were not extended. Believe me, GIM is ranked much higher in comparison tables.

hey dude.... me also was wonderin abt this and had spoken to the ppl at ims also regarding this .... and guess wat they told me bim is better than gim ..... and since i was a bit surprised to hear wat i did ... i asked the person again to which she told me that gim cuz only of its location gives impression of being a better college whereas bim is in trichy ... obviously nowhere near paradise!!! ...
buy somehow i still am a bit apprehensive to actually advise neone to take up bim ahead of gim .... so much so that i hope that other puys wud actually come fwd and clear my doubts once and 4 all...

Hahhaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...............!!!
Atlast, they are on air - "The Great Institute Comparison Show" *Applause*

I think its a bit early this time, aint it ?

Haaaa, just wonder, how many more to come ??!!

*Waiting*

Rick.

Guys I know it's a tough choice to make. But whoever I have talked to I have recieved same no of people favouring GIM and BIM. So acc to me they stand equal. Now I can understand that u guys must have spent a lot on forms and would like to make a judicious choice at this point of time. I would like to share what I have decided and why I have decided that.

I have decided NOT to fill both the institutes. The following are the reasons on the basis of which I made this decision:
1. Location- be it Goa or Trichy, they are no way comparable with Delhi, Mumbai or Bangalore. I strongly beleive that location does have an affect on the kind of companies comming to the campus. In no way I am questioning the name of the companies listed in the recuiters list of these institutes. But the fact is a small city will remain small and will definitely have some affect on the placements. Untill and unless it is an A+ grade bschool which both of these colleges are not.
2. Ask urself a question guys. Why would u like to apply to these institutes? Somebody might want to increase his chances of selection this yr because he might not want to prepare again for any entrance in the future. Somebody might not have performed well in any of the exams in the past and XAT is the make or break exam for him. So everyone should have a reason to choose a bschool of such level because we do not think twice before applying to an A+ or A grade school. So search for a reson for urself and then take the decision.
3. I would any day prefer any bschool of the same level in Mumbai, Delhi or any major city than a bschool in a small city. Like for example, I am appying to Welingkar and KJS because any time of the year it has an advantage of being in Mumbai. More companies based in the city, more are the chances of it comming to ur bschool.

Cheers
Hitesh

P.S- These are purely my judgements and in no way I want to degrade the reputation of any bschool.

Hey Guys,
Seniors plz help...
Thnx... 😃 😃

Firstly, I have no idea why u can fill only one of these forms............. guess must be financial..............................

As per comparision, over the years and still right now.................... BIM is place higher than GIM (Locationwise,Placement,Summer Placement etc).......................

However, GIM has had rockin placements this year........... heard from a GIM student.............................

BIM also must have taken advantage of the INFLATION ................... which is rockin the placements...................................

One thing is that GIM has an awesome advantage of scenic beauty to its campus.......................... not sure about BIM...................

No dates are extended please.................. Fil it and send it quick by speed post.................... will reach comfortably.............

CHEERS

IF u think that u can get in the better col, then apply to BIM.................. or u can apply as per ur aptitude............................( if u get what i am saying)..................

BIM also must have taken advantage of the INFLATION ................... which is rockin the placements...................................

Oh my Good God !!! :shock: Inflation ?? Where ?? And how can it rock placements ??
rockandroll| Says
No dates are extended please.................. Fil it and send it quick by speed post.................... will reach comfortably.............

That's true

|rockandroll Says
IF u think that u can get in the better col, then apply to BIM.................. or u can apply as per ur aptitude............................( if u get what i am saying)..................

I'm totally lost :wow:

Rick.

hi pals
How good is BIM n GIM for a 1.5 work-ex guy like me......
got royally screwed in CAT... expecting 51 -53 in JMET.... somewhere around 75 in SNAP.... should i apply to BIM n GIM????????? help me out........

I am applying to BIM this year.. as far as I know, BIM is the best "B-school" in Tamil Nadu (maybe IIT M comes closer). BIM has a very good backing from BHEL and is located in the BHEL Complex itself. The industry interation is good for sure.. the only thing I am worried is about placements, I really don't know how good it is.

Moreover BIM called students with more than 90-91%tile in XAT 2005, so you might guess who "good" the Institute is. They are taking in CAT score as well.

BIM is not my first choice, but in case I dont get admission offers from other "better" institutes, then I will join BIM for sure.

hi pals
How good is BIM n GIM for a 1.5 work-ex guy like me......
got royally screwed in CAT... expecting 51 -53 in JMET.... somewhere around 75 in SNAP.... should i apply to BIM n GIM????????? help me out........

Thats for u to decide......................... its a great college..................... Study and do well in XAT..........................

CHEERS
Oh my Good God !!! :shock: Inflation ?? Where ?? And how can it rock placements ??
That's true

I'm totally lost :wow:

Rick.

Dude, I am wondering if u acting dumb or really dumb.........................

It was staright and simple................ I am now really not sure how u got in TAPMI.................. may be back door entry..........................

But to put in more simple words:

1. The salaries offered this yaer are comparitively higher ue to economic condition (hope u get this)

2. Thanks for agreeing:)

3. Many people dont have a back door entry like u............... so they need to enter the right way.................. if he is confident of gettin into BIM on the basis of his score ( aptitude ), then apply there................ or else GIM...........

Hope i have made myself clear................

CHEERS
rockandroll,
I dont want to get into flame war or "fight" in here.. but what you said is not the correct way to express.

Inflation and economic prosperity of India (if that what you wanted to say) is not the same. Have you ever watch news or read what Montek Singh or P Chidambaram say on the need to "contain" the Inflation rates to less than 5%?

Hike in the salary is correct word, and not "Inflation".
Anyways.. leave it.
rockandroll| Says
Dude, I am wondering if u acting dumb or really dumb.........................

I'm not acting dumb, I'm born dumb
rockandroll Says
It was staright and simple................ I am now really not sure how u got in TAPMI.................. may be back door entry..........................

Oh man, that's a story. You know, the back doors are always tougher to access than the front doors.

1. The salaries offered this yaer are comparitively higher ue to economic condition (hope u get this)

Good !! I got this one. But that inflation thing.... I'm too dumb to understand that :(
rockandroll Says
2. Thanks for agreeing:)

That was some gyan my dear, that if you sent your application form by speedpost it'll reach faster, I never knew that.
rockandroll Says
3. Many people dont have a back door entry like u............... so they need to enter the right way.................. if he is confident of gettin into BIM on the basis of his score ( aptitude ), then apply there................ or else GIM...........

I thought somebody was asking for your opinion, if you've one, give it. Giving the ball back to his court is an art, I must admit.
|rockandroll Says
Hope i have made myself clear................

Oh Yea, you've proven your 'Class' in the very first post itself.

Boy, talk sense !!
Note: If you've anything against me, fine. But leave my institute alone.

Fellow PaGaL's from BIM and GIM, I'm moving out, sorry for the disturbances.
Rick.

hey ppl,
Chill guys,dont be personal man..lets be serious...
Ok you guys are also in the same condition as me ppl...I hav also approached TIME ppl and they hav told me to go for BIM(I was also surprised..).But then they told me abt this yr placements in BIM..avg sal is 5.2 lacs..so it rocks ..doesn't it..and the names i saw in plcment were all big guns..But then GIM also has rocking placements and it has reputation...BUT i hav heard that BIM has reservations for BHEL ppl...is it true?And which of these colleges have a higher cutoff?Can anyone throw light on that....I am still in a quandary..

P.S.: RXN someday u will have to return to senses...Life never leaves u Boozing...
see my punchline and u will understand.. 😃

guys plz help...

my problem is sectionals... CAT eng-17-19.6, di13, quant 2.6 total 32.6-35.3
please tell me what i should do?should i apply to BIM thru CAT (the known devil) or XAT (the unknown one!!)

please reply soon coz last date's 31st dec

also like i read sumwhere that MICA's gonna give calls 90+ percentiles in CAT and XAT...so would that be true for BIM as well? or would they take a higher percentile in CAT and a lowere in XAT(thats what i thot) or even vice versa.

PLZZZZZZZZZZZ help:shock:

CHEERS!,
You can apply to BIM with both CAT and XAT marks in the same appln form.

BIM called students with more than 90%tile last year, so I think it maybe the same this year; as as for the CAT %tile, we should be atleast 87-88%tile.

is there any other good inst which prefer XAT scores other than BIM/GIM because iam not doing so well in exams.

thanks drgrudge!

I am applying to BIM this year.. as far as I know, BIM is the best "B-school" in Tamil Nadu (maybe IIT M comes closer). BIM has a very good backing from BHEL and is located in the BHEL Complex itself. The industry interation is good for sure.. the only thing I am worried is about placements, I really don't know how good it is.

Moreover BIM called students with more than 90-91%tile in XAT 2005, so you might guess who "good" the Institute is. They are taking in CAT score as well.

BIM is not my first choice, but in case I dont get admission offers from other "better" institutes, then I will join BIM for sure.

Last year BIM's last date of filling the forms was well beyond even after the XAT results were out.. so ppl had more time and more predictability while applying. The no. of applications rose and so did the cut-offs.
GIM, on the other hand never compromised on it's position and kept its last date of filling the forms even before the actual XAT exam so that only those people who are seriously willing to apply actually apply. People coming to GIM come because they were interested in GIM and not because it was an accident. GIM has been an ethics-based B school.

The placement figure reported are clean and un-budged if I may put it that way.. the avergae salary has been accurately reported as 5.66 lakhs and not reported as "close to 6 lakhs".
The highest salary was 8.5 lakhs gross... other institutes would also have included CTC which inflates this figure to 13 lakhs.
I am saying this not to cast aspersions on B schools. This is just to potray the message that GIM is essentially a value-centric, ethics-based B school which looks for serious applicants and gives them all that they desire for at the end of their 2 years..

GIM doesn't supply its forms through coaching institues as other B schools do... just keep this factor in..

All this information is supplied with due respect to BIM. It indeed is a nice B school with good placements.

Good luck.