BIM Bangalore-A Critical analysis

Hey frnz, do u guys think bim-b will b as good as bim trichy… do u guys think it will b able to ensure decent placements after taking freshers… I’m a fresh…Instrumentation engg(not very decent acads-58% graduation)…cat 86 percentile…

Hey frnz,
do u guys think bim-b will b as good as bim trichy..
do u guys think it will b able to ensure decent placements after taking freshers...
I'm a fresh..Instrumentation engg(not very decent acads-58% graduation)....cat 86 percentile.....
wud d 1 yr mba carry as much weight as ISB in a few yrs...
Please help every one analyse completely...4 themselves...please xperts pour in with valuable data.....
Help us analyse...wud the bim brand alone carry weight..how do u feel wud be the corporate acceptance...
plz hlp..........
regards,
sanjiv

Hey frnz,
do u guys think bim-b will b as good as bim trichy..
do u guys think it will b able to ensure decent placements after taking freshers...
I'm a fresh..Instrumentation engg(not very decent acads-58% graduation)....cat 86 percentile.....
wud d 1 yr mba carry as much weight as ISB in a few yrs...
Please help every one analyse completely...4 themselves...please xperts pour in with valuable data.....
Help us analyse...wud the bim brand alone carry weight..how do u feel wud be the corporate acceptance...
plz hlp..........
regards,
sanjiv

dude there is a thread already existing for bim bangalore.. post ur query there

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/how-is-bim-branch-at-bangalore-25010352

cheers

hey pratik i think u right there is a thrd-bt thts by seniors for info on bim-b...

sanjeev-thnks for starting this thrd.even im considering bim-b and thr is a lot of confusion over 1yr course and abt bim-b.

bfre announcing deathbell for any thrd-plez under tht this thrd will serve a diffrnt purpose-to get netural expert advice.

sanjeev we casn also talk on yahoo abt it.pm me.

and pple plez contribute to this thr.its a matter of our careers.

acorrding to me the main strngths are: save time,bim brand name,same faculty.

weaknesses r-no placement record to fall back upon...cant say wethr will be accepted n successful as bim trichy.

hey pratik i think u right there is a thrd-bt thts by seniors for info on bim-b...

sanjeev-thnks for starting this thrd.even im considering bim-b and thr is a lot of confusion over 1yr course and abt bim-b.

bfre announcing deathbell for any thrd-plez under tht this thrd will serve a diffrnt purpose-to get netural expert advice.

sanjeev we casn also talk on yahoo abt it.pm me.

and pple plez contribute to this thr.its a matter of our careers.

acorrding to me the main strngths are: save time,bim brand name,same faculty.

weaknesses r-no placement record to fall back upon...cant say wethr will be accepted n successful as bim trichy.

ya i do kno that there is already a thrd to this effect....but the purpose here is different.....we need to gather information from not only the students but also others (aspirants and expert councellors) who have made deeper analysis....
I request everyone to cum up with all sorts of data(no comparisions plz)....only critical analysis.

any idea wht kinda placements could bim-b pull in?thts a major concern as in the end the placements matter-along with learning and evrythng else.

bim-b any1?

Abhishek kintu aur parantu ... ghoda aur chatur... BIM aur ICFAI.

One year MBA is typically meant for people who have gathered a substancial domain experience (workex 5years and more) and are looking at upgrading their acads and hope to either move lateraly into a new work domain or verticaly to the executive class in their domain of expertise.

BIM is in Bangalore .... but I have not heard of it... I can prospect and get back but it would take some time before I can get something relevant on it.

What is going to be the BIM's intake batch like (demography)... and what is your ICFAI batch like (demography) ? do the people in ICFAI have their workex in the same industry as you plan to go to? how have the placements there been like in your target industry?
have you prospected on these lines??

hii i have 3 yrs work ex
2yr in IT sales-hardware
1 yr in BPO-banking

bcom hons-50%
12-isc-65%
10-75%-icse

and bim-b is taking freshers-no criteria of min work ex-so i think my work ex-although nt very gppd-bt 50%batch will b freshers.-will be an advantage even in this 1yr course.

batch strength-60each intake-april and september.icfai gurgn-550 batchsize.

BIM is in Bangalore .... but I have not heard of it... I can prospect and get back but it would take some time before I can get something relevant on it-hey thts a concern as bim says it doesnt believe in marketing itself....so will the bim brand be bettr thn icfai and will it work for me if im in bang campus?plezz if u can find more abt it-ill b indebted...its address is
Bangalore Management Academy (BMA)(infra provider)
#17, Ashirwad Towers, Doddanekkundi Cross,
Marathahalli, Mahadevapura Ring Road, Marathahalli Post,
Bangalore - 560 037
Tel: 080-2853 3132

do the people in ICFAI have their workex in the same industry as you plan to go to? how have the placements there been like in your target industry?

actually icfai will have 80% freshers...bt yeah very strong financial serv/banking/bpo placements-this is also a concern with bim-b as pple say tht ull get IT jobs in banglore-bt banking etc-difficult....so with my profle will i be able to get it?

www.bmaindia.com

and hey thr is a thrd for bim-b and am talking to seniors-bt i want ur neutral take-thy say bim brand is bioggest in south india and will automatically pull in recruiters same as trichy campus.also bim trichy ex dean is now bim-b dean...the trichy placemnts co-ordinator is a visiting faculty n will help with placemnts.....so wht do u think abt it?

thnks harsh.looking forward to ur analysis and help

regards

bhai,
BIM --- the problem is of recall...
Bhartidasan kaha hota to I would have said abhee ruko...let me get my facts and I'll post again.

didnt get u-BIM is bhartidarsan,trichy...right

most of the people who I interact with mention the name of the institute as Bhartidasan ... BIM was a new and never heard before term for me ..

give me sometime .. I'll put down my comments after i speak with some people to consolidate an opinion.

are we talking only about the 1 year residential program available in Bangalore. called PGDBM.??

Here is what I was able to get:;
1) Bhartidasan is an established brand owing to it's presence as a University 25 years ago.
2) It has a huge patronage because of it's distance learning program

Now Management faculty @ Trichy:
1) Has not featured in any of the Indian top B School Lists
2) the salaries offered are average and below average
3) I was not able to get the profile of the intake batch for the class of 08--- but have read that the CAT cut off was 50% dunno how correct it is
4) I also don't have a demography of the placed batch--so would assume that the placements when they were 100% were good.

Now BMA@ Bangalore
1) Bharathidasan would give you a MBA in 12 months for INR3.5 L
this is the most cost efficient MBA (speed and fees)
2) the BMA is still taking applications and there is no info about the expecations on the website. and even less so amongst the people I was able to reach in the last 2 hrs .
3) we don't know what the peer group would be like and hence can't comment on the placements.
4) the course content is linear... and the change is driven by the college.
5) you get a transfer of credits to universities overseas and you will have to study more to get an MBA... take a call if you have studied enough in the 12 months at BMA.

now BMAv/s ICFAI (Gurgaon)

... all in all it would be a gutfeel driven decision today.. but if ICFAI is in Gurgaon and you plan to work in NCR region for the first two years then go for it .

hi harshg i think u got a few data wrong ..... firstly BIM has always been regarded as a premier B school till 2000 it was in the top ten consistently BIM decided not to participate in rankings from 2002 or so onwards and again took part due to circumstances in 2004 only so obviously it fell of the radar the placements though not in the same league as IIM's are very good this year the average salary was 6.5 lacs pa better than TAPMI GIM LIBA IIT's (except IIT powai) also they are better than IIT's bcoz BIM places 120 students and not 40 like IIT's do so its more credible that they got 6.5 and of late it has been consistently in the top 15 or atleast in top 20 in some of the magazines ...... for BIM the only way is up

and the cut off for BIM trichy for general category was 93.xx percentile this year

anand100in Says
and the cut off for BIM trichy for general category was 93.xx percentile this year

I could not agree more with you anand100in ,' cause my friend didn't get a call from BIM _TRICHY even at 92.38%:( 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞
BIM is a very very good institute & I wouldn't hesitate to say that it comes in IVY LEAGUE.Also it is going to dazzle like SUN in forthcoming yrs.:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
are we talking only about the 1 year residential program available in Bangalore. called PGDBM.??

Here is what I was able to get:;
1) Bhartidasan is an established brand owing to it's presence as a University 25 years ago.
2) It has a huge patronage because of it's distance learning program

Now Management faculty @ Trichy:
1) Has not featured in any of the Indian top B School Lists
2) the salaries offered are average and below average
3) I was not able to get the profile of the intake batch for the class of 08--- but have read that the CAT cut off was 50% dunno how correct it is
4) I also don't have a demography of the placed batch--so would assume that the placements when they were 100% were good.

Now BMA@ Bangalore
1) Bharathidasan would give you a MBA in 12 months for INR3.5 L
this is the most cost efficient MBA (speed and fees)
2) the BMA is still taking applications and there is no info about the expecations on the website. and even less so amongst the people I was able to reach in the last 2 hrs .
3) we don't know what the peer group would be like and hence can't comment on the placements.
4) the course content is linear... and the change is driven by the college.
5) you get a transfer of credits to universities overseas and you will have to study more to get an MBA... take a call if you have studied enough in the 12 months at BMA.

now BMAv/s ICFAI (Gurgaon)

... all in all it would be a gutfeel driven decision today.. but if ICFAI is in Gurgaon and you plan to work in NCR region for the first two years then go for it .

hii harsh thnks yaar for the analysis......i dont have any such set criteria of working in delhi/ncr-ya bt i have set intention of working in banking/finan serv sector...

and hey anand thnks for the clarifications....infact i think bim trichy is in top 12 and not just top 20-personal view.

so anand can u give us more insights on bim-b and whts the buzz in ur campus abt ur offshoot in bangalore?wht do ur professors say?

harsh since u r in banglore is thr any way u/ur frnd can take a look at bim-b campus and help me with the feedback.i heard the campus is small bt very well done,wifi etc an hostels r 6kms away bt new one is being built closer to campus.

something more which would interest you got this as a email query

Hi,

I was planning to take up a PG Dip course from ICFAI, but I just read this comment on ICFAI which says that this univ. is not recognised by UGC....

The Trick played by the ICFAI university regarding registration of private universities ACT.
The recent verdict by the Supreme Court on 11-02-05 regarding the private Universities in Chhattisgarh makes all the pvt universities not to function in the state or outside the state. But it is known that ICFAI was also one among the universities that was declared illegal . The ICFAI now claim that they have registered in Uttaranchal, Trapper and Sikkim and continue their operation. Hindu daily dated 13-02-05. Previous to the announcement of the verdict they use to say that the university in associated with chhattisgarh state.(Nowhere in the prospectus it is mentioned that they are registered in any state as pvt university ,the date is also not mentioned). They are also operating the same way as the other pvt universities which were operating in chhattisgarh state . They do not have any full fledged university status in the respective states. But how then they are left off? Should not the ICFAI also be brought to light in the awakening of the supreme court order. I think If this is the case of ICFAI, then all the other universities would follow the same thing just like in . Chhattisgarh .The very being of the supreme court order would not be effective until the other states are not included. The .ICFAI claims that they come under the the association of Indian universities (AIU). This claim however stands questioned for they are not supported by concrete evidence I had called to AIU and they said that they are not a member of AIU.. ICFAI have already a court case which they wanted to disassociate with the UGC. While the UGC stipulates that the duration of the MCA programme must be three years but that offered by ICFAI is only two year. Quite recently the ICFAI have started offering B.Tech programme which is to be started in next few months advt in The HINDU dated 13-02-05.

As mentioned The ICFAI university and other universities like RAI etc would follow the same path in Kerala and other states cheating the student community in the name of university even after the supreme court verdict claiming because they have registered in state of SIKKIM,Utttranchal,TRIPURA.. They all but teaching shops established by the pvt universities in kerala and also other states .

Just wanted to know how far is this true ....or is it just a case of "I coould not get the grapes...so they must be sour".

So I wanted to know if anyone of you haas any idea about ICFAI please comment.

And Anand and knowledge I agree that I might be not entirely corect regarding my asessment because it was cobbled up at a very short notice... so feel free to contribute more info if you feel like it.

But the queries are about the BMA and not Trichy... so take heed.

hii harsh i have done indepth research about this so ill put in wht info i have.

icfai as we know was annuled as a univ by the supreme court order in 05 under the chatisgarh state act.....recently on jan25th too supreme court again repraminded authorities for letting icfai continue with such study centres.

icfai claims tht though it is no longer a pvt univ under chattisgarh act-it has univ status under few more state acts like sikkim and uttaranchal.also it should be noted tht icfai's dehradun centre is recognized under UGC and thts the reason icfai has now changed the mba to pgdm and a paraallel correspondence mba through dehradun centre for all the students(degree though doesnt mention CORRESPONDENCE).so effectively two certificates-a diploma and a degree.bt the question is tht if it has univ status under these three more acts-thn why change to pgdm n do all this???

also icfai law college students case is also notable as bar council didnt approve the course and the students in the final yr were left helpless.

bt it doesnt effect the mba programme much-coz IBS is autonomous ans as we know even if thr is no dehradun centre degree,the auotonomus pgdm is enough,as in mba the corporate acceptance matters-and a piece of paper/degree etc.

so this is it.even draft name changed to icfai a/c ibs from earlier icfai univ-so thts contradicting their own claims tht thy still have univ status under these diffrent acts....

so harsh any more info abt BIM-B?can u arrange any1 to cheack out the campus and stuff?

hi guys nice to help u out with ur decision ...... as to BIM b i got to say not many students from BimT have visited blore campus ....... but almost all of us got to see the pics taken in the campus like the classroom snap library cafeteria and all and i shud say it was really awesome we guys were envious ....... and ya my personal information collected from ppl said BIM t will help out with placements ........ but i am not 100% sure so will try finding out

Hey anand while you are at it... please comment on the following:
1) any insight as to how many people have applied for the BMA aka BIM b as yet
2) is there some kind of a ideal demography profie for the first batch of the BMA
3) does BMA have someone who can take questions ... and is knowledgable about the future of the college.
4) the program is a PGDBA and the credit transfer to the colleges in UK ar Oz require you to study for another term to get an MBA ... is it the same Degree which the BIM Trichy awards.

the only thing which has kept me hooked on to this discussion is the fact that BMA looks very promising on the web but they are absolutely shoddy about marketing themselves.... a 1 year program would sell like hot cakes amongst buyers like me who have been a part of the workforce for last 5+years and would try and stay away from work for as little as possible.