BIM 2009-11 Laptop requirement

Discussion for LAPTOP requirement / bulk deals for BIM 26 batch.

abhi_danej Says

I saw in orkut that the seniors last year had bought Dell ones for 43ks. What do you think about for this year? Dell/HP/Sony Vaio/Compaq? Come on guys, chip in your thoughts.

I feel that Dell is the best among these, followed by Vaio...

HP - mostly for office purposes...will be gud for just MBA :), not for much fun.
Dell - its usually value for money. can we have the configuration of what seniors got last time?
Sony Vaio - very good performance wise, but prices are way to high for students (thats my opinion)
Comap - are thy still in this business? :)

any comments?

HP - mostly for office purposes...will be gud for just MBA :), not for much fun.
Dell - its usually value for money. can we have the configuration of what seniors got last time?
Sony Vaio - very good performance wise, but prices are way to high for students (thats my opinion)
Comap - are thy still in this business? :)

any comments?

I am quoting this from Orkut, (one of our seniors' reply regarding the configuration they got..)

"As for the laptops, last year most of us went in for Dell ones, got a 7% discount on the wholesale price...It cost us abt 43,000 for an Inspiron 1525, Core 2 duo, 250 GB HDD, 3 GB ram..."

I think the latest configuration might have slight improvements...

Inspiron 1525 has been discontinued, in place of that there are two models Inspiron 15 and 16 or 17. dnt rem.
diff is 2GB and 3GB ram. prices are 34k and 35k. rest all the configuration is similar to 1525, and better i think coz of T76400 processor.
i like that configuration.

sorry that was 34 and 38K and not 35K.

hello guyz..

can we have a look into DELL Studio 15 also... heard that it is exceptional performance and light wt too.

comes arnd 42 k market price. if we can avail it at 5-7 % disc ..and if it comes come to 38-40 it will be awesome..
what say guyz..

subhashis,
studio 15 is awesome configuration and dedicated 256MB graphics card. i'd certainly like to go for that one for a bettr price that 42. if more ppl support, we can negotiate.
guys?? anybody listening?
Regards,
Abhishek

hi guys,

sorry i am out of this bulk deal... :(
ordered for the laptop yesterday.
As ppl are not responding to this thread, i was pretty unsure. also there is no home delivery in selective states from DELL. so i went ahead ..
it is Studio 15
if anyone is interested i can give the detailed configuration.. :)
you guys go ahead.
i may also help with the price quotation if u guys need

subhashis,
studio 15 is awesome configuration and dedicated 256MB graphics card. i'd certainly like to go for that one for a bettr price that 42. if more ppl support, we can negotiate.
Regards,
Abhishek

chalo thats fine! good choice anyway 😃 how much r u paying for it?

OPEN for ANY ONE interested in getting a bulk deal on DELL laptops

please vote and if we get good ppl we can try for around 15-20% discount on customized dell for each of us.

Post your response for specifications / quotations / pricing.

Regards,
Abhishek

i'm game for it.

subhashis,
Regards,
Abhishek

If you guys are going for Inspiron 13 or Vostro 13.....as a matter of fact any 13" machine.......count me in too

Hi Sandeep,
the deal which we r looking forward will have each of us customize our own config laptop. its just that bcoz of more ppl, we'll try to get a bulk discount.
so you can hav ur inspiron or vostro :)
Regards,
Abhishek

Hi Sandeep,
the deal which we r looking forward will have each of us customize our own config laptop. its just that bcoz of more ppl, we'll try to get a bulk discount.
so you can hav ur inspiron or vostro :)
Regards,
Abhishek

Thats cool, i never though we can have this sort of bulk deal!!!!!!

Actually both Vostro and Inspiron 13 are not customizable on Dell site, if u r in touch with sales person of dell, plz PL me his details , because only those guys can get configured these machines

right. but u first have to order thru web then talk to sales person (who automatically calls u once ur fix ur order), or visit the dell store at tilak road.
but they will not customize it i feel, bcz i've tried that. in bulk u can go for a better config for lower price. thats the story.

Regards,
Abhishek

count me in

right. but u first have to order thru web then talk to sales person (who automatically calls u once ur fix ur order), or visit the dell store at tilak road.
but they will not customize it i feel, bcz i've tried that. in bulk u can go for a better config for lower price. thats the story.

Regards,
Abhishek

Where are you planning to buy from?

web

Regards,
Abhishek