Bhopal Community Service

Hello ppl :slight_smile: It just struck me, that with the historic gas tragedy compensation due on October 1, there is lot of activity going on in the rehabilitation front. Gas affected slums in Oriya colony, JP Nagar and Chhola are being put under a new…

Hello ppl :)

It just struck me, that with the historic gas tragedy compensation due on October 1, there is lot of activity going on in the rehabilitation front. Gas affected slums in Oriya colony, JP Nagar and Chhola are being put under a new wave of rehabilitation and relief activity. From education to health awareness, many issues are being taken up.

Which brings me to call upon all the Bhopal PG-ites (Is there such a thing? ) to join hands and start a Community Service initiative here :D.

Approaching NGOs is not a problem here, nor is the dearth of contacts. I know many old and new gas activists here and they would be most happy to have a set of volunteers work for the cause.

Asking all Bhopal PG-ites... even if two/three/four... let's give CS a shot. Post! :)

Apurv

Wow... Way to go Apurv.. Hope U find a lot of people...

Simbaaaa

me cud never find a PGite frm bhopal lets.. hope u find some...

Puneet

fella'........................i'm frm bopal..............bopal...........

tata

RV

fella'........................i'm frm bopal..............bopal...........

PM me [email protected]

tata

RV

Good to know you're from Bhopal. But as you told me on messenger earlier, you are not interested in doing any CS work and you are going to Chandigarh.

And then you post here and PM me again about CS.

Plis to be making your stand clear

Apurv
Hello ppl :)

It just struck me, that with the historic gas tragedy compensation due on October 1, there is lot of activity going on in the rehabilitation front. Gas affected slums in Oriya colony, JP Nagar and Chhola are being put under a new wave of rehabilitation and relief activity. From education to health awareness, many issues are being taken up.

Which brings me to call upon all the Bhopal PG-ites (Is there such a thing? ) to join hands and start a Community Service initiative here :D.

Approaching NGOs is not a problem here, nor is the dearth of contacts. I know many old and new gas activists here and they would be most happy to have a set of volunteers work for the cause.

Asking all Bhopal PG-ites... even if two/three/four... let's give CS a shot. Post! :)

Apurv

HERE IM A BHOPALI... WHAT DO U HAVE IN MIND TO HELP BHOPAL ?

LOOKING FORWARD FOR UR REPLY

NIDHI
me cud never find a PGite frm bhopal lets.. hope u find some...

Puneet

PUNEET...
U NEVER SEARCHED FOR ONE !
IM A BHOPALI...

BUT U GUYZ HAVE A COMMUNITY HERE... WHITH NO THREADS FOLLOWING IT... AS TO WHAT CAN BE DONE TO HEP BHOPAL VICTMS....

BHOPAL NEEDS YOUTHS LIKE US TO GET TOGETHER AND SAVE THE SOULS STILL SUFERING EVERY SINGLE DAY ..EVER SINCE 3RD DEC 1984... !! :huh: :angry:

LOOKING FORWARD FOR SOME ONE TO FOLLOW THE COMMUNITY...
:angel: ANGEL_NIDHI.....
HERE IM A BHOPALI... WHAT DO U HAVE IN MIND TO HELP BHOPAL ?

LOOKING FORWARD FOR UR REPLY

NIDHI

Hi Nidhi,
Welcome to the forum :). Nice to know there are other PG-ites in the city.

I am already developing the website for a gas tragedy NGO. It is simple Frontpage work, you may join in if you are interested.

Other than that, all slums near the Carbide factory have NGO-run schools where we can teach the children of gas victims. You must have heard of Abdul Jabbar, Rashida Bi and Satinath Sarangi. All of them have proper bridge schools near Central Library, JP Nagar, Rly Station and Chhola which need teachers.

Of course, if we decide to widen our spectrum beyond just gas victims, the possibilities are immense.

What about you? Any ideas? Would your college/school/neighbourhood friends be interested to join?

Apurv
Hi Nidhi,
Welcome to the forum :). Nice to know there are other PG-ites in the city.

I am already developing the website for a gas tragedy NGO. It is simple Frontpage work, you may join in if you are interested.

Other than that, all slums near the Carbide factory have NGO-run schools where we can teach the children of gas victims. You must have heard of Abdul Jabbar, Rashida Bi and Satinath Sarangi. All of them have proper bridge schools near Central Library, JP Nagar, Rly Station and Chhola which need teachers.

Of course, if we decide to widen our spectrum beyond just gas victims, the possibilities are immense.

What about you? Any ideas? Would your college/school/neighbourhood friends be interested to join?

Apurv

hey !

apurv, cant v work upon that on the net ! i mean i can help u online with web pages if u want.i can work on front page and i have a real gud comand on 1st page 2000, its a web site making s/w.im a computer engg student. i can really help u with the website if u want. :smile:

hey ! what do u do? i cant say ne thing abt teaching .. coz i myself m busy studing.... but i can communicate this to my frnz....

keep in touch and let me know if i can b of ne help to u..

takecare

angel_nidhi
hey !

apurv, cant v work upon that on the net ! i mean i can help u online with web pages if u want.i can work on front page and i have a real gud comand on 1st page 2000, its a web site making s/w.im a computer engg student. i can really help u with the website if u want. :smile:

hey ! what do u do? i cant say ne thing abt teaching .. coz i myself m busy studing.... but i can communicate this to my frnz....

keep in touch and let me know if i can b of ne help to u..

takecare

angel_nidhi

Sure Nidhi, you may join me with the website work, although that too involves a lot of outdoor work, ie talking with the gas victims, visiting the NGO events and all.

I work with an english newspaper here. What are you studying and where?

Like in other cities where Pagalguy.com members are doing community service, in Bhopal too we will work for 2-3 hours every week, that too on a Sunday or Saturday when its convenient for most. Putting in that little time once a week should not be too difficult, think about it.

think i can do that.

ill let u know abt it with in a few dayz...

i have my internals this week. soim kinda busy..

but im ready to help ...
bye

Hey Guys...Is anyone aware of any Social Service Organizations operating in and around Indore? Especially in the literacy area?

Good to know you're from Bhopal. But as you told me on messenger earlier, you are not interested in doing any CS work and you are going to Chandigarh.

And then you post here and PM me again about CS.

Plis to be making your stand clear

Apurv

Bro..been time since we talked..actually dont work on MSN these days

Regardin myself leavin bhopal...well I aint leavin till next may.
and I aint goin to chandigarh too...seats filled up..cudn't mak it
so I think I may serve some purpose still to ur work....watya say??
lemme knw via MSN mail!

viva la rasa (Mexican....NO..."Indian Pride")

nice to see some bhopali activity on pg ...... let the " pagal " religion spread !!!

neel

Bro..been time since we talked..actually dont work on MSN these days

Regardin myself leavin bhopal...well I aint leavin till next may.
and I aint goin to chandigarh too...seats filled up..cudn't mak it
so I think I may serve some purpose still to ur work....watya say??
lemme knw via MSN mail!

viva la rasa (Mexican....NO..."Indian Pride")

A little late , as i have left Bhopal. but if you are interested in taking the initiative and starting something with your friends, just buzz me and i'll give you hazaar contacts to get started on.
Apurv Says
A little late , as i have left Bhopal. but if you are interested in taking the initiative and starting something with your friends, just buzz me and i'll give you hazaar contacts to get started on.

Same here.

I also know quite some guys who can help ..

bravo apurv

u r doing great job man! but i wud like 2 ask u , y u r asking help and co-operation from just pg-ites of bhopal? does pg gives u a certificate 2 become eligible 4 working 4 noble cause?
thats my point of view.............. still u have taken great initiative.
keep up the spirits!

bravo apurv
u r doing great job man! but i wud like 2 ask u , y u r asking help and co-operation from just pg-ites of bhopal? does pg gives u a certificate 2 become eligible 4 working 4 noble cause?
thats my point of view.............. still u have taken great initiative.
keep up the spirits!

thank u indeed , but i wonder for what! :o

nobody is doing any job, leave alone a great job. nobody has taken an initiative in bhopal. we people here have an interesting penchant for posting an upbeat "yeah! count me in!" on this thread and then disappearing into oblivion.

and prerna, as for ur question of 'why just pg-ites?', i suggest u take a look around this website first and get acquainted with pg's community service system first. ur questions shall be then answered by itself!

hey apurv,
there was confusion.............actually i thought u r talking abt post graduates later i realised that u were talking abt paagal guy members. sorry 4 that. actually i m a college student only
it seems u r quite angry with people ........
but thats how it happens, u will definitely find people around u who will encourage u but really diff 2 find real gems that does something.
i congratulated u becoz u took initiative 4 a noble cause.
i m SAMPURNA BHOPALI nd desperate 2 contribute 4 this cause.
if i can do something plz tell me......... (i m not saying this in air)
with best wishes!
prerna