Because they too have the right ....

An appreciable beginning by deepti & all other members, I whole heartedly appreciate. But don’t you feel that most of the members give it a small stint during couple of study years. Well unfortunately this is an icing on the cake & a way to raise …

hi man!! me too thinks d same.. me is anurag- was a state level badminton player, but had an abrupt end 2 my career when i got badly injured during a tournament.. so i can feel how those underprivileged guys would.. how can i contribute??

sportsPassion Says
An appreciable beginning by deepti & all other members, I whole heartedly appreciate. But don't you feel that most of the members give it a small stint during couple of study years. Well unfortunately this is an icing on the cake & a way to raise your self esteem.

Hmmm, Many of the current members involved in the Community Service Acts are not students (atleast not yet!!) But even if they turn out to be sooner or later, it will be a great thing to see them contribute to the society one way or the other. People who come selflessly week after week do not do it for any specific gain, they do it for the concern they have for others. Too sad for people who do it for a small stint... as far our efforts are concerned, the newbies come on their own and when they stop (for whatever personal reason!) they tend to carry on the feeling with them.. maybe at a later date, I am confident that they will strive to do their bit... Something like our PG CS acts help to raise the consciousness of a few guys!! 😃

Being a part of a service for a long term , though is a tough ask but one should try to be associated with a cause for as long as possible- even celebrities do that too.

Being associated with just one particular activity is definitely difficult as we all move from places and hence, it is not sustainable. Consider me, during school, I worked with some old-age homes & environmental things... then in college with orphanages... Later, again with a bigger orphange on a regular basis. Now, trying my best help people with the newsletter, as well as our help for the disabled people. So, trying to stay with one cause throughout might be difficult... so, the drift towards anything is good as long as it is towards a good cause!!

My purpose for starting this separate thread is:-
1) I look forward to guys/gals with interest/association in sports.
2) Purpose: Sports related 'community enrichment' of mentally retarded children/sports talents et al.

I look forward to energetic & 'PASSIONATE' members, who can not necessarily devoted much time, but real effort on their part.

on a look out for sports passiante with a genuine desire to help a cause , really neglected by many.
ps: interested individuals can PM me or post it on this thread.

Sportspassion, it is great to see some enthu here 😃 All I am saying is, outline ur agenda here and try to raise the support u get from the forum members. You are welcome to post ur ideas & concerns and see how many people actually want to come out & help u. PMing throughout might be difficult.. as many others who have some definite interests will lose out. So, if u choose to start something, let us all know... we can also try to be of some lil help!! :)

Hope to see this thread grow... :)
Cheers,
Simba
Passion & Perserverance is what i expect from those helping me out in my endeavour. Although it is a voluntary association, i definitely look forward the the best possible help.
1) Helping Disabled children in playing sports
2) Attaining sponsorships for talented sports guys/gals & helping them out reach their goal.
3) Developing a dedicated community towards the above causes and striving for our goals.
4) Helping individuals interested in a career in sports (behind the scene career)
5) Organising sports events
Expectations from PG:-
1. Given as a 'special-priority' thread with inclusion in sports related posts like 'Football Club', 'Cricket Trivia' et al.
2. Any resources available or members in knowledge of PG/ites/Mods that can be helpful.
3. Any other support in terms of mutual association/linkages with my startups.

sportsPassion
www.khelNayak.com