BCS Chapter 2 - RAKUM

Hello all… With all due respect to Simba’s advice… I’m here starting this new thread for RAKUM. This way we can easily know what’s happening where and how we can follow up! This thread would just be for RAKUM … the original BC…

Hello all...

With all due respect to Simba's advice... I'm here starting this new thread for RAKUM.

This way we can easily know what's happening where and how we can follow up!

This thread would just be for RAKUM ... the original BCS thread would be for SNEHA NILAYA and general discussion!

So PRIYABRAT, MASOOR & HARINI .... start posting in deatil abt the RAKUM and what it is all abt... minutes of the discussioin u guys had wit the RAKUM!

Luv,
Rahul

hey good one mansur!

Yes we'll form a core team and visit Rakum for reading service for their exam!

As for now.. Mansur, Yachna & Anuraj have comfermed their availability on Sunday!

Any other junta;s intrested... plz conferm urself here and try to be in touch wit Mansur!

Sorry guys i would not be joining u this week as i got my exam on monday... plzz pray for me! 😐

Also Shradha... Mansur will contact U or make it other wise ... regarding the monetry contributions u ppl planned!

ALL THE BEST!

Luv,
Rahul

hi all...

well, me govar and mansur met yday in the afternoon and went to Rakum's....

we spent about an hour and a half there reading out and teaching......

mansur and govar were busy teaching geography using a map..... have no idea how it was going for them....maybe they'll post later about their experiences....

i was trying to read out from a political science ( :shock: ) text book for 2 MA students.....my thorat was sore at the end of it all but it felt really gr8 to have done my good deed for the day

it was nice of mansur to come when he had exams today.....

but we r really losing steam here.....i dont think most of us can make it after this weekend...something really needs to be done to get more people involved actively.....

see ya
suchi

p.s: my 100th post!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smilecol:

mansur and govar were busy teaching geography using a map..... have no idea how it was going for them....maybe they'll post later about their experiences....

Yes. 😁 Seeing such a huge map after a long time. Last time when I saw the map was when I was in 8th or 9th when I hated the map... now I loved it. ;-)

I and Mansur taught the 10th std girl some History and Geography... for abt an hour and a half I guess.

The girl, unlike others, knows to read and is perfectly alright, but for the very poor understanding of English. Her class consists of 5 mates - all of them do self-study. Scores of people like us sometimes come to teach them.... They try and learn the most difficult sounding chapter in all subjects.

But this was my last free weekend in Bangalore in the near future... dont know when Im going to turn up here... 😐

hey grt work...govar,suchitra n mansoor....hats off to u guys for taking the initiative n for doing the reading at Rakum....

Mansoor cheer up dOOd!!!u r doing an awesome work man....i know Govar/Suchi might not b there on comin weekends but hopefully others will make up for that...

what happened to the other bangy junta who had promised to come over durin the weekends

Firstly, Congrats to all u guys who are making most of whatever u have!!! Mansur, a nice post by u 😃

But, guys, while I was reading the list of requirements, it hit me that all these need not be new things, stuffs like mattresses etc etc... Think in those lines, maybe we can collect them from houses & donate them!! But, yes, that requires a lot of efforts from fellow PGites.....Somehow, if we can collect some odd things around our neighbourhoods during weekdays.once or twice in a week.... 😃 & then, conduct these teaching classes in the weekend, that will be TERRIFIC!! 😁

cool_peebs Says
what happened to the other bangy junta who had promised to come over durin the weekends

I know!!!! 😞 😞 😞 Praveen, Arun, etc etc.

Simbaaa

hey guys
i'm also interested in comin to RAKUM..do lemme know abt the future plans
cheers

hey..... nice to see the oldies turing out this weekend and doing some amazing work!!!!!!!

Really it's a great relief to see some post here on RAKUM thread! I was really worried!

I wasn't able to make it 😞 as i had my exams ( final Engineering exams... ufff what a great CHUTKARA! 😁 ) and Indira Nagar i way way way too far from RAJA RAJESHWARI NAGAR.. that's where i'm put up!

G O V A R

But this was my last free weekend in Bangalore in the near future... dont know when Im going to turn up here...

I'm getting Nostalgic.... really miss u guys a lot!!!! 😞 I hope we can have somekind of meet... off BCS... just for a cup of coffee... what say???

Hey Priyabrat.... how's u buddy??? nice to see that ur following it up. Dood plz keep posting ... that way u can say that ur still in touch with BCS!

Simba
But, guys, while I was reading the list of requirements, it hit me that all these need not be new things, stuffs like mattresses etc etc... Think in those lines, maybe we can collect them from houses & donate them!! But, yes, that requires a lot of efforts from fellow PGites.....Somehow, if we can collect some odd things around our neighbourhoods during weekdays.once or twice in a week.... & then, conduct these teaching classes in the weekend, that will be TERRIFIC!!

Yes we were thinking of those lines too long before we had this plan for going to our neighborhoods for COMICS collection but then... the real concern was the availability of juntas. I think that would not be a problem anymore now. As Im finally done wit my engg. Ill drag my frnds in ICFAI.. who are very much interested to do something for the CS and especially BCS!!! If they get going the good news will be that BC would be very active.. at least for a min. of 2 yrs!

So this weekend well plan for the biggest ever BCS meet are u ready juntas????

Welcome to the forum super6 before u are all set to join RAKUM. U need to PM me regarding ur real name, cont. no & yahoo id .. also et me know what u doing and ur availability Saturdays or Sundays etc

Chal then guys.. really waiting for a HUGE turn up. Also do follow the old BCS thread for SNEHA NILAYA..

Luv,
Rahul

Super Duper work guys!!!

Wish I were there..Am kinda missing the chants of Uncle

I'm getting Nostalgic.... really miss u guys a lot!!!! 😞 I hope we can have somekind of meet... off BCS... just for a cup of coffee... what say???

Absolutely! No chance for me in weekends .. won't be here. Any other day would be fine. Rains are playing real spoilsport these days.. record breaking rains... but lets plan atleast. :)

So this weekend well plan for the biggest ever BCS meet are u ready juntas????

Best of luck guys... have a blast! And keep BCS rocking! 😁

hey mansoor.. how was ur paper buddy???? mera kuch khas nahi..... shayad 3 months ke baad wapas likhne ke liye aana padega! 😞

And now i think all the worries will come to an end! We are having some good no of enthusiatic juntas who r willing to spare some time on CS activity.... so this Sunday 10.00 am at MG road BARISTA we will be creating YET antoher history by having the BIGGEST EVER BCS MEET!!!!! so guys BETTER make ur sef available!

hey John uncle..... how's it going for u??? joined SPJ???

Gover and other BCS juntas..... how abt meeting tomorrow evening??? say /n 5-6??? decide soon..

SUPER6 waiting for ur response dood.....

guys plz do follo up the old BCS thread - THE ORIGINAL for SNEHA NILAYA!

luv,
Rahul

Hey guys ..

plz pm me da addr of rakum ... as i stay near Cmh rd .. i guess wud b able to go there n do da honours whnever i'm free inlcuding weekdays...!

lookin fwd for more info on the other community svc thread too...

manishp..
~

buddies...plz PM me...

I m interested and can do sth in the Weekends....

😁 😁 😁 😁

Hi junta
im also interested in community service. earlier i was in delhi and was working with an NGO called Helping Hand and i was going to government and central schools teaching students for free. and i would like to continue this in banglore also. so kindly tell me how to join u ppl and what all work u do and how do u manage all this and what time and effort is required?
sincere PGite sachin

why do we have two chapters of BCS ...?
I do want to contribute for the good cause you folks are working but then ....where and which?

why do we have two chapters of BCS ...?
I do want to contribute for the good cause you folks are working but then ....where and which?

No - Not 2 chapters... This chapter was to discuss only RAKUM. Check out the first post in this thread..

For latest on BCS, refer to - http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=3345

Simba

Cool , i'm actually new to BCS and i didn't knew abt the same
Thnaks