bba llb admission in symbiosis college pune 2020
bba llb admission in symbiosis college pune 2020
Direct Admission guidance +91-9538317377|7411666661
Visit Our Website:- https://www.joinus4education.in/
admission in symbiosis college
Symbiosis Law School, Pune established in June 1977, was earlier affiliated to the University of Pune and later became a constituent of Symbiosis International University in 2002, with an enhanced degree of autonomy in teaching, learning and research.
SLS, Pune occupies "a" place of pride among the flagship institutions of the Symbiosis International University. Located in the heart of Pune,( "a city" popularly described as the Oxford of the East) Amongst a host of outstanding institutions under Symbiosis International University offering various courses Symbiosis Law School, Pune stands tall with the India Today Nelson Survey ranking the institute among the top 10 law schools of India in 2013 and the Bar Council of India conferring it with the Gold-star Award in 2013.
Symbiosis Law Entrance Test - SET Law/ SLAT 2020
Symbiosis Entrance Test Law or SET Law/ SLAT 2020- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Pune invites applications for admission to 5-year Bachelor of Arts-Bachelor of Laws (BA LLB), Bachelor of Business Administration-Bachelor of Laws (B.B.A LLB), 3-year Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Programs for the session 2018-19
It is mandatory to appear for SLAT (Symbiosis Law Admission Test) as a precondition for admission to SLS, Pune
Symbiosis International University is conducting the SET Law 2018 on 05th May 2018. The Symbiosis Entrance Test law or SET Law/ SLAT will be held in as many as 21 cities across India.
- For BA LLB/ BBA LLB Programs: Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination from any recognized Board with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST candidates). Students who have appeared for their standard XII final examination and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply, subject to submission of passing certificate at the time of the final admission
- For LLB Programs: Candidate should be a graduate from any recognized University with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST students) in one attempt (no compartment). Students who have appeared for their final year degree examination and awaiting Results are also eligible to apply, subject to submission of passing certificate by the announced date
- For LLM Program: Candidates should have a 3 or 5 years LL.B. degree from any Indian or Foreign University recognized by the UGC with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% for SC/ ST candidates)
- Candidates who have appeared for the final year LLB examination may also apply
- Maximum age limit for five-year course is 20 years for general category and 22 years for SC/ST at the time of appearing for SET as on Saturday, May 05, 2018
- Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT)
- PI-WAT (Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test)
A. Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT):
- Symbiosis Law Admission Test shall be conducted at different centers across the India. SLAT will be an online admission test for 150 marks. Structure of test includes 150 questions for 1 mark each covering Logical Reasoning, Legal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension and General Knowledge. A total time of 150 minutes shall be given to candidates to solve the questions.
- On declaration of SLAT result SLS, Pune will publish the list of shortlisted candidates who are eligible for PI-WAT process.
B. PI-WAT (Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test):
- PI (Personal Interaction):Personal interaction/ interview of shortlisted candidates will be conducted by panel of experts from Industry / Academic.
- WAT (Writing Ability Test):The test includes writing a short essay on a given topic.Maximum score for PI-WAT will be 50 marks.
- Venue of PI-WAT:PI-WAT for SLS, Pune Short listed candidates will be conducted at SLS Pune Campus, Viman Nagar only
- PI-WAT Schedule:(refer the table of important dates provided below)
- Slot booking:The candidate needs to book a slot for PI-WAT at SLS, Pune. Slot booking link for shortlisted candidates will be available on our websiteBest Law Schools in India
- Declaration of Merit Lists:Based on the 50 % weightage of scores for SLAT and 50% for PI-WAT, the Merit lists will be declared
Reservation of Seats
- Within the sanctioned intake:
- SC - 15%
- ST - 7.5%
- DA - 03%
- Wards of Serving /Retired Defense Personnel - 05%
- Over & above sanctioned intake:
- Kashmiri Migrants - 02 seats per Programme
- International students - 15 % (including foreign nationals, PIO and NRI)
The first step is to clear SET(Symbiosis entrance test), a test conducted by the SIU (Symbiosis International University). After clearing the cut off list, the successful candidates are called for the next step, which is PI-WAT (Personal Interview and Writing Ability Test) which has no set pattern. If you manage to clear it then Voila! You can get admission in Symbiosis Law School, Pune. I chose it for myself because, apart from the top National Law Schools, Symbiosis holds its water and brand reputation to the T and it seemed the best option at the moment.
Fee Structure And Facilities
Fee structure is slightly expensive with Rs. 235000 for the current batch, but it is easily loanable. But also keep in mind that there may be a 5% increase in the fee with every passing year.
Companies like Wipro, L&T etc. are prominent recruiters who offer plush packages. this year Wipro offered placement to 6 5th year students who attained a package of Rs. 11 lakh/annum + bonus up to 2 lakh. Then, ICICI Bank is a regular recruiter and this year the highest package offered by them was Rs. 14 lakh + bonus upto 1.5 lakh. law firms like Amarchand Mangalda, AZB Partners, Khaitan and Co., Luthra and Luthra etc. are regular recruiters too.
The faculties of every subject range from Average to very good, depending upon the luck of the individuals as well (sometimes a class gets better faculties than others). However, they are all helpful not just regarding the course but also regarding extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. In fact, every student is assigned one faculty member as a mentor who guides through every problem a student comes across.
The campus was recently shifted from S.B. Road to the viman nagar campus and the constructed and effective building is huge, although it is not a funky campus or anything. Pretty simple, and you can even say kind of boring but the campus life is pretty great. There is no hostel for boys, and even for girls it is not compulsory to live in the college hostel.The extra-curricular and co-curricular activities are actually the soul of SLS - Pune and there are various cells which operate and carry out all kinds of activities possible.The mindset of the faculties and even the students who come here is very liberal from what I've come across, and people do not hesitate to speak up for what is wrong. The institution is headed by a Woman, so you can assume that there is hardly any gender discrimination.The student Council is an active committee and is completely managed by students.
Course Curriculum Overview
There are 2 options to choose from, B.A.LL.B (Honours) and B.B.A.LL.B. (Honours). While both courses are meticulous, B.A. focuses more on social sciences and law as a social science, B.B.A. focuses more on the economics behind it and mostly into Corporates.
The college has a dedicated placement cell which assists the students in procuring internships and job offers. The internships can be with lawyers, NGOs, law firms, or a judicial clerkship and it depends on the offerors if they give stipend or not. Generally, the stipend is given to the senior students (3rd-5th year) for sure and can range anything from Rs. 5000 - Rs. 20000, while the younger students may or may not get it, depending upon work.
The college ha the annual fest, Symbhav, which is the biggest in Pune and has a huge turnout. the 2015 edition had a turnout of approx 20 colleges across country and it had sponsorship from VH1, Harley Davidson, Hotstar etc. while artists like Nucleya, Voctronica etc. performed. It is a crazy, fun-filled fest and has cash prizes worth lakhs.
Loan/ Scholarship Provisions
All major banks provide for educational loan for payment of fees and hostel (in case the girls stay in hostel).Every year, the Highest scorer of SET gets awarded with a scholarship for the period of 5 years of his/her batch. Also Rs. 50000 - Rs. 10000 are awarded every year for the toppers of various subjects.