Banned on PG? Why??

Hie folks, Have been receiving many queries such as: - Whats the criteria for banning someone? - Why was XYZ banned? - What should we avoid so as not to get banned? Since its a people’s forum, I thought its better we have a thre…

Hie folks,

Have been receiving many queries such as:
- Whats the criteria for banning someone?
- Why was XYZ banned?
- What should we avoid so as not to get banned?

Since its a people's forum, I thought its better we have a thread on this issue as well. Henceforth, this thread would serve the purpose of answering similar Qs related to Banning.

A few reasons on why a user would be banned that come to my mind are:
1. Illicit Marketing on forums.
2. Continue spamming even after being warned by the Mods.
3. Indulging in Personal attacks / Mud slinging.

But we can't cover technically all reasons for Banning and the Mods may use their discretion after consulting each other. :smile:

Any queries regarding the same can be put up here, and the Mods will oblige! And no need to worry, No Mod will ban u for asking relevant info! :wink:

for what time period are the users banned? is it lifetime ban or for any specific number of days?

how about a poll for banning ppl? oh wait ...that was a game show Survivor !!! 😃

still a poll would be interesting. someone like 98tillidie would have found lot of supporters!

vits Says
for what time period are the users banned? is it lifetime ban or for any specific number of days?

We have ban periods from 1 day to Perma-bans.
Depends on what the Mods think at that time.
Advertising et al lead to a permanent ban.

And then, banned users can also be unbanned.

gabbar,
98tillidie will have supporters ? From the MCPs ?

A few reasons on why a user would be banned that come to my mind are:
1. Illicit Marketing on forums.
2. Continue spamming even after being warned by the Mods.
3. Indulging in Personal attacks / Mud slinging.

To add in one more

4. Cloning of IDs Its become a cause of concern now.

I am not sure if a poll with a ban would serve the purpose. Then what's the point in having moderators ?:) Moreover, it looks really odd to do 'character analysis' of a person in public.
And the thread et al started for the poll would just be another heaven for spamming and personal fights which in anycase would invite more nominations for ban.
My two cents on poll for ban .....

Vijay

At first, i was thinking of re-posting 'Why i was banned' because i received a lot of queries, PMs and yahoo offlines from inquisitive friends wanting to know why i was banned.... but then, i dropped the idea.... probably thinking what once a friend told me...

Let bygones be bygones....

Anyway, so wish all a peaceful life... and let others stay in peace ...:)

I have a query. How do we avoid the prejudiced(which is bound to happen, considering the fact that we as human beings tend to get conditioned and prejudiced against or for a particular point of view) decision of a mod. Mods, unfortunately are human beings. And they too can make mistakes in heat of moment.

As pointed by Maverick, the ban can be for any period of time from 1 day to forever. What is important is the fact that once u get banned, u feel bad and it does create a negative impression in the minds of crowds doing rounds here. So even if the fellow gets unbannned soon, it leaves some poor impression..kind of...oh!!..u see...the guy was bannned!!.
So i think there should be a mechanism in place...(plz pardon my ignorance if its already there) which allows for lot of deliberation before banning sombody even for a day.

Hope i make sense...and i am not spamming...

why was a guy called RahulSharma or something banned?

To add in one more

4. Cloning of IDs Its become a cause of concern now.

and now that ur The Mod,

r u gonna be proactive?

I'll log in the evening to see which one of those 2 IDs became the victim of personal vengeance of Govi
rajeshnsitian Says
why was a guy called RahulSharma or something banned?

so that he could return as Aarav - Quantasaurus !!

Arun

y was amin_96 banned just wnt to know

ameen_0096 Says
y was amin_96 banned just wnt to know

For your repeated attacks at a particular Instti. (Fore I think)
MavericK Says
For your repeated attacks at a particular Instti. (Fore I think)

wat u said your it was never me yaar

Was Gaurav200x banned at any time? If so, could you please let me know why?

One question :

As far as I remember, I didn't misuse Vengeance.. so please lift the ban from this id. I feel vengeance's there for a purpose..

One question :

As far as I remember, I didn't misuse Vengeance.. so please lift the ban from this id. I feel vengeance's there for a purpose..

No...

Principal of cloning says that you can have only one id ...no matter for what reason you have created the other...
No...

Principal of cloning says that you can have only one id ...no matter for what reason you have created the other...

Yes I agree. I dont see any point in Aarav using 1 for Mocks, 1 for Chit-Chat et al. What exactly is the logic behind that ?
lone.verse Says
Was Gaurav200x banned at any time? If so, could you please let me know why?

I dont think the sole purpose of this thread is to answer your "Why was X banned ?", "Why was Y banned ?" et al. We dont ban here for fun, nor do we do that for personal reasons. There are close to 60k members for us to get personal with members.

So do realise that, if someone is banned, there is some reason behind that.

And if someone openly comes out yelling "Ban me if you can", What do you expect ?