B Schools with concentration on Technology/Innovation Management

There has been an emerging trend among the techies to purse MBA. And each one has different criteria (top 10, marketing major etc) when they apply. I am also riding in the same boat and looking forward to assimilate list of global B Schools that m…

There has been an emerging trend among the techies to purse MBA. And each one has different criteria (top 10, marketing major etc) when they apply. I am also riding in the same boat and looking forward to assimilate list of global B Schools that major in Technology/Innovation management.

I guess this list can be referred by aspirants planning to major in the same.

Here I initiate the list -

1. RSM Erasmus University

Elective Theme - Information & Communication Technology

2. Cranfield School of management

Elective Theme - Mastering Innovation

3. Judge Institute of Management, University of Cambridge

MBA can be customized for innovation management theme.

Because I am targeting schools offering 12/15 months MBA program, currently this list is restricted to a few such schools only.

All of you are invited to add to the list.

dude am a marine engineer , sailed for about a month in the capacity of a assistant engineer. prsently am working as a traniee - ship chartering in a manufacturing concern.

can you please guide me of the international colleges i should apply for an mba.or related studies to shipping.

whats the job seen abroad?

abhishek

There has been an emerging trend among the techies to purse MBA. And each one has different criteria (top 10, marketing major etc) when they apply. I am also riding in the same boat and looking forward to assimilate list of global B Schools that major in Technology/Innovation management.

I guess this list can be referred by aspirants planning to major in the same.

Here I initiate the list -

1. RSM Erasmus University

Elective Theme - Information & Communication Technology

2. Cranfield School of management

Elective Theme - Mastering Innovation

3. Judge Institute of Management, University of Cambridge

MBA can be customized for innovation management theme.

Because I am targeting schools offering 12/15 months MBA program, currently this list is restricted to a few such schools only.

All of you are invited to add to the list.

Hey i think u missed out Carnegie Mellon....have heard bout their telecom mgmt....can u elaborate more on such univs...i mean do they admit only techies like the IITs/NITIE for their MBA....hope u pour in sme valuable info nd enlighten us!

Hey i think u missed out Carnegie Mellon....have heard bout their telecom mgmt....can u elaborate more on such univs...i mean do they admit only techies like the IITs/NITIE for their MBA....hope u pour in sme valuable info nd enlighten us!

Hey Lady Luck,

I think you heard wrong. CMU probably doesnt have any IIM/IIT gards enrolled in their MBA programmes. One thing I can tell you, you dont have to be an IITan to make it to a Harvard, Wharton.. Got a friend who's just joined the MISM course at CMU. She will be doing a few of her electives at Tepper Business School. Any queries regarding the school let me know. Before you do shoot your questions I advise you to do your own research. I have researched the school and Im sure you'll find all your answers if you want to.

Cheers!

Regards,

Roshan

Hi Roshan,

First of all thanks for the quick reply....am a little confused bout the 1yr MBA programs offered abroad...taken ur advice on doin some research myself...but can u help me out with the starting point....am not very much inclined towards the finance related subjects....kinda mindset prob u can say.....so was jus thinkin of some course which wud b related to my engg background with more mgmt stuff....as in sme science field related mgmt...didnt know where to start off my research from....Can u help me out?

Hey lady luck,

Id be glad to help you. Well first let me tell you about me. Im a computer engineer myself. Worked a year as a software developer, got fed up with it. Now luckily managed to change divisions, am working with the business development division. Under a broader caterogory you could say Marketing/Sales.

So there you go, this could be an option for you too. Ideal fields for you to choose from and research about are Systems, Operations, Mgmt Of Information Systems(MISM) etc.

Now the question is where do u start. There is always the wonderful "google". Apart from that and before you start anything it is my suggestion that you read thorugh all related thread in this forum. There is a wealth of information you can find here.

Before I started reasearching I was sure about what exactly I was looking for. In my case I was researching all probable B-Schools that I would like to join and schools that would probably be the best fit for me. I started of at random. I chose Wharton Business School (referred to rankings on usnews.com). Visited their website, talked to current and alumni students, attended their receptions in india, did anything that would give me a better understanding of the school. Im almost done with my Wharton School research. The next on my list is North Western (Kellog School) considering its the best for marketing/sales (I plan to pursue an MBA in the same field).

This is just a jist of what I did. You can go about your research on the same line. Moreover once you identify what exactly your looking for why dont you post what exactly your looking for. People might have already researched and would be willing to share their information. Let me know if you need any help, would be glad to help you.

Cheers!

Regards,

Roshan

Hi all,
I just wanted to know, if there is any one from Pagalguy community currently pursuing MBA in Information Systems, in US universities??

I am thinking of applying for fall 2007, so wanted to get first hand information about various schools such as purdue, Univ. of Texas A&M; etc. with respect to course content, placements etc??Or what key ponts to be taken into considertion while preparing your application, since most of the indians applying would have similar profiles.

Or any body can share their views.

hey
sorry to break the link of the topic
but if any1 has applied for MBA @ I2IT (i-sqaure-it) or international institute of information technology
then pls contact me at
[email protected] on yahoo messenger
[email protected] on msn messenger
thx

Hi Guys,

Can someone give me link of anyone joining MISM course in Carnegie Mellon University for the session 2009