B-Schools/GMAT/Fin Aid Gyan Sammelan in Delhi (July)

Hi All with the rather haphazard manner in which information is floating around on PG (for that matter on other forums as well), came up with the idea of gathering the interested junta on some day in July in Delhi (for a start) for a open hou…

Hi All

with the rather haphazard manner in which information is floating around on PG (for that matter on other forums as well), came up with the idea of gathering the interested junta on some day in July in Delhi (for a start) for a open house discussion on GMAT Prep/B-Schools/Fin Aid/Visa issues etc. basically the whole loop.
However to ensure that
1) only the serious turn up
2) we ensure some help to the neglected classes of our society

the whole thing will be a "dutch" style. everybody contributes towards the costs incurred in the process and an additional amount of some donation/contribution towards some cause/NGO.

Do pour in with your comments/suggestions.

Mods: This thread is going to be repeated in atleast 2 other areas for the targeted population. Kindly condone.

Cheers

Kunal

thats a gr8 initiative kunal..will definitely come if i am in delhi..chances are 50 50 as of now

all the best

kunal

good initiative...would love to be a part of the gathering.. let me know if i could be of any assistance.

cheers

Hi...this seems like a great initiative for the members of this forum who ware serious about mba abroad...a few pointers:

1. Maybe some people who have takem the gmat and scored high could give some suggestions/tips in the meet
2. Some people who have gone thru the admission process could speak to us
3. Also some discussion on I-20 and funcding could happen but preferable by someone who hads gone thru the process

i was also thinking about USEFI coulcellor...if they could chip in some time...i recentl;y attended one councelling session at USEFI and fould them to have very accurate and up-to-date info and a long exp of 10-15 years in US admissions

Hi...this seems like a great initiative for the members of this forum who ware serious about mba abroad...a few pointers:

1. Maybe some people who have takem the gmat and scored high could give some suggestions/tips in the meet
2. Some people who have gone thru the admission process could speak to us
3. Also some discussion on I-20 and funcding could happen but preferable by someone who hads gone thru the process

i was also thinking about USEFI coulcellor...if they could chip in some time...i recentl;y attended one councelling session at USEFI and fould them to have very accurate and up-to-date info and a long exp of 10-15 years in US admissions

Hi Hanu

That is exactly what i have in mind. Although i had not considered the 3rd point.I think that is great idea. have seen a lot of tormented souls looking around for the info.

About the counsellor. why not? if sumbody cud arrange for that.

just a thought: if people hold on together and give a try, we could blow-up this thing into a big event? its an exciting idea but I cannot commit myself all alone for this.
need help.

Adipals: all help is welcome. where mght you be? in delhi?

Cheers

Kunal

just a thought: if people hold on together and give a try, we could blow-up this thing into a big event? its an exciting idea but I cannot commit myself all alone for this.
need help.
Kunal

Which is why i asked on the other thread that you involve PG/get sponsorship fm them to continue with your idea of dutching on a grander scale

PG.com is strong in the CAT field and so-so on the GMAT(w.r.t India only)
this would be perfect for them to make a grand entrance

Kunal, more people for you to reach out too(and network though i would think you already have all the networking you need in place)

More people=>Better/Larger contribution to the charitable cause

EVERYBODY WINS!!

hi all
i too interested in attending this sammelan.when it is scheduled in july.
pm

Which is why i asked on the other thread that you involve PG/get sponsorship fm them to continue with your idea of dutching on a grander scale

PG.com is strong in the CAT field and so-so on the GMAT(w.r.t India only)
this would be perfect for them to make a grand entrance

Kunal, more people for you to reach out too(and network though i would think you already have all the networking you need in place)

More people=>Better/Larger contribution to the charitable cause

EVERYBODY WINS!!

Hey Neo

lets work out this event together. and get more ppl in. i might not be able to take out much time continiuosly. lets make lists of - gainers and gainees? what say.
that wud make it easier to plan out the thing. PM me for mail ids and phone nos. get azeem in. i dont hav much time now. catch you later

Kunal