B Schools for Distance Learning/Part Time/Correspondence Graduates

Hi Puys, Need help/inputs from veterans on PG and Alumnis of TOP B schools in India on possibilities for a Distance Educated Graduate to make it to a Top B school in the country. I have done my graduation through distance learning (AICTE Rec…

Hi Puys,

Need help/inputs from veterans on PG and Alumnis of TOP B schools in India on possibilities for a Distance Educated Graduate to make it to a Top B school in the country. I have done my graduation through distance learning (AICTE Recognised Univ) and want to know what all Top B schools in India Do Not Accept applications from candidates who come from distance learning background or who accept the applications (to make money) and then reject later on. I am sure, infact know a few people who were not called for GD/PI round, although they managed to score above the cutt off of those colleges. This will not only help DL/PT** candidates to set their expectations right (in terms of what colleges are we elgible for), make an informed decision regarding our future but will also help save money by not applying to colleges which keep the selection criteria discreet and opaque. However, I'd like to mention that many colleges keep the candidates well informed about the eligiblity before they apply, although I feel fulltime and distance learning candidates should be treated equally.

I am taking the Top 30 colleges from PG 2011 rankings and adding two columns to mark whether they accept DL candidates and whether they inform the candidates before the application process.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en&hl;=en&key;=tlnX98il_QNdKyOhvtyIJQQ&authkey;=CJqIy_wP#gid=0

I request everyone, to help us fill this sheet - blank cells or point out any mistakes on my end - which everyone can refer to later on or whenever required. You'd know whether your institute accepts DL graduates, if you know someone in your batch or college who had a DL background, or you may check from your admissions deptt, faculties etc.

*A Yes in column 3 will automatically give a Yes to column no 4. But a No in column 3 doesnt give No or Yes to column 4 for the same college.
**DL = Distance Learning Graduates
PT = Part Time Graduates

Plz use the following threa dfor the holy purpose :

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/queries-regarding-executive-distance-correspondence-part-time-online-mba-program-25058330

All the best :thumbsup:

Plz use the following threa dfor the holy purpose :

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/queries-regarding-executive-distance-correspondence-part-time-online-mba-program-25058330

All the best :thumbsup:

Hi Abhishek..this thread is not for Distance/Part time MBA mate..its about regular fulltime MBA for candidates who have completed graduation on part time/correspondence/distance learning basis...so created this new thread. Request you to let us continue the discussion here itself.
Hi Puys,

Need help/inputs from veterans on PG and Alumnis of TOP B schools in India on possibilities for a Distance Educated Graduate to make it to a Top B school in the country. I have done my graduation through distance learning (AICTE Recognised Univ) and want to know what all Top B schools in India Do Not Accept applications from candidates who come from distance learning background or who accept the applications (to make money) and then reject later on. I am sure, infact know a few people who were not called for GD/PI round, although they managed to score above the cutt off of those colleges. This will not only help DL/PT** candidates to set their expectations right (in terms of what colleges are we elgible for), make an informed decision regarding our future but will also help save money by not applying to colleges which keep the selection criteria discreet and opaque. However, I'd like to mention that many colleges keep the candidates well informed about the eligiblity before they apply, although I feel fulltime and distance learning candidates should be treated equally.

I am taking the Top 30 colleges from PG 2011 rankings and adding two columns to mark whether they accept DL candidates and whether they inform the candidates before the application process.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en&hl;=en&key;=tlnX98il_QNdKyOhvtyIJQQ&authkey;=CJqIy_wP#gid=0

I request everyone, to help us fill this sheet - blank cells or point out any mistakes on my end - which everyone can refer to later on or whenever required. You'd know whether your institute accepts DL graduates, if you know someone in your batch or college who had a DL background, or you may check from your admissions deptt, faculties etc.

*A Yes in column 3 will automatically give a Yes to column no 4. But a No in column 3 doesnt give No or Yes to column 4 for the same college.
**DL = Distance Learning Graduates
PT = Part Time Graduates

hi,wana ask u few things,thinking dat u r de one who cud help me at dis time .I'm doing my degree in correspondence(final yr).Am i eligible for b-schools,practically speaking ?

Completed one yr fast track diploma in computing (New Zealand) i hav (2+yrs in aboard,1yr in india)3+yrs of exp.

plz help me in dis,by sharing ur ideas.Career launcher said dat they had no student who has correpondence degree background.I'm very much worried of dis answer