AWA templates...

Hi Everybody, Im in the process of preparing a template for the Issue and Argument sections of GMAT. It would be of much help if some of you could share your templates ( If you have prepared one…). Cheers, bul.

Hi Everybody,
Im in the process of preparing a template for the Issue and Argument sections of GMAT. It would be of much help if some of you could share your templates ( If you have prepared one..).

Cheers,
bul.

Hi Everybody,
Im in the process of preparing a template for the Issue and Argument sections of GMAT. It would be of much help if some of you could share your templates ( If you have prepared one..).

Cheers,
bul.

Is this link any helpful?

Ketan

"When the Apogee Company had all its operation in one location. It was more profitable than it is today. Therefore, the Apogee Company should close down its field offices and conduct all its operations from a single location. Such centralization would improve profitability by cutting costs and helping the company maintain better supervision of all employees'

Can someone please evaluate my essay,

The argument in stating that Apogee company should close down all its field offices in order to benefit the company, misses out certain key considerations which is needed to make the argument more plausible. The mere fact that the company was more profitable when it operated out of a single location does not form a sound basis to draw the conclusion. Also, the argument is based on assumptions which does not logically bolster the conclusion.
Most conspicuously, the argument does not give facts as to why the company was more profitable when it operated out of a single location and whether the single location of the company had anything to do with its profitabilty. It could very well be possible that the company was profitable because of better management or better marketing strategies at that point of time. Secondly, the argument assumes that by solely closing down all its field offices the company will become more profitable. It ignores the fact that, the operational costs in closing down of offices may incur more costs. It also fails to acknowledge the relocation costs for all the employees. Also, closing down of offices which are in areas that may generate profits for the company, would adversely affect the overall profits. Lastly the, the argument states that there would be better supervision of employees. This reasoning would fail if managers are inefficient in keeping tabs of their employees activities. Therefore even if the all employees are situated in the same office, their supervision would be inadequate.
Because of the above mentioned assumptions the argument is not persuasive. If it had included all the key facts and considerations, instead of basing the conclusion without reasoning why the company was more profitable when it operated out of a single area, it would have been more thorough and convincing.

I think this link wil alsol be helpful : AWA Template

hi,
try this link for some repository on AWA templates.

Hi Everybody,

Cheers,
bul.
Hi , I will request puys to evaluate my essay.Productive criticism are always welcome.This is my first essay and I have just started preparing for AWA.

Essay:- In some countries, television and radio programs are carefully censored for offensive language and behavior. In other countries, there is
little or no censorship.
In your view, to what extent should government or any other group be able to censor television or radio programs? Explain, giving relevant
reasons and/or examples to support your position.

Essay:-The topic that the role of government and any other group to be able to sensor the program is in the right spirit for a healthier and clean society. I agree with the role of government acting as a sensor board to limit the offensiveness or behaviors of the television or radio program according to the country culture, education, and behaviors. My views can be supported by the under-mentioned three points.

First, its often that the Children behavior is affected by the content of the program. The lack of practical affairs and of proper education often leads them to think like fairy tales. The television idle heroes like Spiderman, and batman have affected the thinking of many children leading to many accidents in effort by the children to mimic those heroes.

Secondly, the content may hurt the religious feelings of a particular community. This can be more prominent where many societies or religion exist like in India. The uses of communal speeches leading to riots are evident.

Thirdly, certain programs may not be in line with the countrys culture and may be putting the people in the wrong mindset. The ban on the fashion TV in India was in line with this , which prompted the producer to change the content that suits according the countrys culture and the people mindset.

I, therefore, support the role of the government and the other groups to control the content of the Tv and radio for the betterment of the people and their culture.

"First, it's often that the Children behavior is affected by the content of the program."

Correct: "First, it is often the children's behavior that is affected by the content of the program."

"to control the content of the Tv "

Correct: "to control the content on the TV"

Hi Vikas
Good attempt on the first essay. However, you need to work a bit harder in your future attempts. Vrinda has already brought out one grammatical flaw in that.

First of all, your essay is too short considering the 30 min time per essay. Second, you have brought out some good examples but you need to go a bit further in explaining the consequences. Most important, you need to cover the other side of the coin i.e. challenges when regulations become excessive.

I will upload a sample essay for this topic later today :)

Thanks Reachnagraj ,

I can perceive -
1.The length of the essay has to be increased.
2.Grammar Flaws need to be eliminated.
3.Pros and cons of the essay must be discussed.

Plz correct me if I am wrong.

After reading your essay of the same topic and taking the right guidance , I will upload a new essay.waiting for your essay.
By the way , How much will I score on this?

Regards

Vikas

Hi can someone pls evaluate this issue...I have my test on the 15th April!

'The presence of competitors is always beneficial to a company. Competition forces a company to change itself in ways that improve its practices'

Many people consider that the presence of a competitor is beneficial for a company's growth. On the other hand, competition is only beneficial if it is healthy. I would present points to support the former view that competition is essential for a company to improve its practices.

Firstly, a company can improve its practices by benchmarking it with those of its competitors. This would give it an idea as to how a process can be improved to achieve maximum results. If there were no competition, the same processes would be followed for many years which would ultimately stagnate the performance of the company. Therefore in the presence of a competitor each company would always strive to be better in terms of performance.

Secondly, each company will always strive to produce better quality products than their competitors. This would ensure that customers are loyal to their products and would not switch to the brand of the competitor. Customers would get better service, and would be more satisfied with the product. This would in turn lead to an expansion of customer base and would lead to higher profits for the company.

Thirdly, if the company generates higher profits because of the competition, it could pay out more bonuses to its employees. The level of employee satisfaction would increase, which would ultimately result in improved efficiencies of workers. This will benefit the company in terms of higher profitability.
The best example of healthy competition among companies would be Detroit's Big three, GM, Chrysler and Ford. These 3 companies strive to make better cars than the other and are constantly improving their models for higher level of customer satisfaction

On the other hand, if the competition is not healthy, it will ruin the company. The level of friction between companies would be too high which would lead to law suits, and unnecessary loss of money. This form of competition is undesirable.

Due to the above mentioned points, it is clear that competition benefits a company in many ways. Therefore I strongly support the view that healthy competition would make a company more profitable by improving its practices.

For the AWA there are some good templates online

platinum gmat .com has some good suggestions

also

How to Write an Analysis of Issue AWA
How to Write an Analysis of Argument AWA

in general i think you should definetly make a template as it takes away some of the gmat testing anxiety