Aston Business School 2010 Intake

I have received an unconditional offer from Aston Business School for Sep 2010 Intake. I have been given 6 weeks of time & have to deposit 1000 GBP, by that time. I’m waiting for the response of other B-schools (applications under process). …

I have received an unconditional offer from Aston Business School for Sep 2010 Intake. I have been given 6 weeks of time & have to deposit 1000 GBP, by that time.

I'm waiting for the response of other B-schools (applications under process).

Who all have received an admission/offer letter & willing to join ABS ?

Even I have received an unconditional offer from Aston. I have to confirm by 8th Jan along with 1000 GBP. I'm still in deciding phase. In what other Bschools have u applied?

Sooomario Says
Even I have received an unconditional offer from Aston. I have to confirm by 8th Jan along with 1000 GBP. I'm still in deciding phase. In what other Bschools have u applied?

I'm also sailing on the same boat..My deadline is 2nd February.
I'm waiting for other schools.. & waiting for the holidays to end..so that I hear from them.

The other schools in the pipeline are..2-Tier pool: Strathclyde, Bath, Durham, & Leeds
..& Tier 1 Schools: Cranfield, Lancaster & Manchester
In Europe : St. Gallen's, Switzerland
Besides them, I also plan to apply to City(Cass), Warwick & Cambridge in UK & Mannheim in Germany.. provided I get a good GMAT score. (writing it on 3rd Feb)..lets see.

I have been placed in the 1st waiting list in St. Gallen's.. & final processing is going on at Durham..
So, I'm totally confused..may be I might get a clear picture by January.

How about u..where else have u applied ?
Any other offers in hand ??
What is your feedback about Aston..?
I'm concerned about its actual reputation in UK & Europe..specially when compared with these B-schools?
Birmingham advantage is another important point.

ive secured admission too for the MSc IB Sep intake.. and Ive got Grenoble, France too... wondering which one to take???

Aston's reputation is good.. no doubt.. it is better thab LAncaster, St. Galllen, Strathclyde, Bath, Durham, & Leeds, Cranfield,
Manchester and Cambridge and maybe even Warwick enjoy greater brand value than it..
But Aston is without a doubt one of UK's top schools..

Thanks Kayand, your post will help me finalizing Aston MBA. Need more info on Aston, so please share as much as you can.

Apart from Aston, I have uncondition offer from Bradford, StarthClyde. Just applied for Lancaster. I appled in HHL, germany and have an unconditional for this as weel. Do you have any information about German Bschools.?their ranking, worth and reputation.? value for money and all that..?

Aston's reputation is good.. no doubt.. it is better thab LAncaster, St. Galllen, Strathclyde, Bath, Durham, & Leeds, Cranfield,
Manchester and Cambridge and maybe even Warwick enjoy greater brand value than it..
But Aston is without a doubt one of UK's top schools..

Without a doubt Aston is a good school. But it is not as reputed as Cranfield or Lancaster. Both of them are among the top business schools in UK, Aston is not. Aston is in the same league as Strathclyde, Bath etc. that is the next tier of schools. Most people would not pick Aston over Cranfield/Lancaster if they had admits in either.

So its sounds like I can confirm Aston. Lets c if I get anything from Lancaster before finalizing Aston. Do u have any info about German Schools and their ranking?

Sooomario Says
So its sounds like I can confirm Aston. Lets c if I get anything from Lancaster before finalizing Aston. Do u have any info about German Schools and their ranking?

Well not a lot. If you are looking at European schools then British, French and Spanish schools are the most known, German schools havent had the kind of recognition that these schools have. I would personally choose British Schools for more reason than one and among British schools the top few, LBS, Said, Judge, Manchesteter, Cranfield will give you a competitive edge for a post MBA career.

Mind you, I don't mean Aston is bad, but these are the top schools and you should be ideally targeting one of them.

Regards

If ure doin an MBA, then forget these schools as they're all tier 2.. I am doin an MSc in IB and Aston is the best for that (atleast in UK).. but if it's an MBA, then the best thing is get a strong score in ur GMAT and apply to all the top schools which in Britain are LBS, Judge (Cambridge), Said (Oxford) and then maybe Manchester, CASS and Warwick...
With regard to Europe I dunno abt Germany but Germany would mostly be regarded as an engineering hub and not for an MBA...
I strongly suggest that u write a good GMAT and apply to schools in USA, UK and France which are the best for MBA... In France there's INSEAD, HEC Paris, EDHEC... but ul have to kno French for day to day stuff..
Lastly apply to Indian School of Business (ISB), if u get in there after taking ur GMAT nothing like it.. it is better than any UK school except LBS...
Refer to FT's rankings for a better understanding... they're quite indicative..

I wudn choose Lancaster over Aston simply coz Aston wud carry more brand value..

I have received an unconditional offer from Aston Business School for Sep 2010 Intake. I have been given 6 weeks of time & have to deposit 1000 GBP, by that time.

I'm waiting for the response of other B-schools (applications under process).

Who all have received an admission/offer letter & willing to join ABS ?

can u plz share your profile over here....

Hi -

Even i too got admit into ABS and finalised it as well . Saurabh , have u finalised on ABS ?

Hi -

Even i too got admit into ABS and finalised it as well . Saurabh , have u finalised on ABS ?

Congrads dude..

Well..I have'nt finalised yet..as I'm writing my GMAT on 3rd Feb..& will be waiting tto hear from Top-tier schools..like manchester, lancaster, cass & warwick..but I dont want to miss the Aston offer as well.. so I'm in a Dilemma..
So have u paid..1000 GBP..& Finalised it ??

Yeah , i just paid up the 1000 gbp and confirmed the place.

infonafees2003 Says
Yeah , i just paid up the 1000 gbp and confirmed the place.

Hey Congrats Dear..

..Well as i told u..tht i dont want to miss the Aston's offer..as it has a Wonderful reputation over there in UK+Triple accr+Birmingham advantage..but just giving a try for GMAT..

Waise..were you sure about it..that u wanted to join Aston only..or u applied to other schools/had multiple offers & chose Aston over others ?
Plz share yout profile as well. Engg/IT background ?
Wrote IELTS & GMAT ? Or were u considered with your profile & application (SOP, LR & Essays) ??
& What made u to decide Aston (finally) ??

Cheers !
Saurabh.

are u taking it up?? i am goin for the MSc IB this Sept.. hope to see u ther.. ne idea abt accommodation?? which one's good not good?/

Hey Congrats Dear..

..Well as i told u..tht i dont want to miss the Aston's offer..as it has a Wonderful reputation over there in UK+Triple accr+Birmingham advantage..but just giving a try for GMAT..

Waise..were you sure about it..that u wanted to join Aston only..or u applied to other schools/had multiple offers & chose Aston over others ?
Plz share yout profile as well. Engg/IT background ?
Wrote IELTS & GMAT ? Or were u considered with your profile & application (SOP, LR & Essays) ??
& What made u to decide Aston (finally) ??

Cheers !
Saurabh.

Saurabh -

I had offers from Nottingham , Bradford , Aston , Birmingham , awaiting offers from Strath and Edinburgh and Leeds.
The reason i chose Aston was coz of its triple accr. and good industry links. Rankings were just a part of it. It supposed to have good placement rate and the best part about Aston is its in Birmingham , the second largest city in the UK . I feel getting part time jobs wouldnt be a problem.
The other reason is my brother is already settled in birmingham since abt 5 years .

My Profile : Eng ( IT ) 6 years exp. IELTS : 7.5 , GMAT : 640
Kayand Says
are u taking it up?? i am goin for the MSc IB this Sept.. hope to see u ther.. ne idea abt accommodation?? which one's good not good?/

Hey Kayand -

I am taking up the Aston MBA sep 2010 . Hope to see u there too . Acco as of now I have no idea. But looks like the Uni acc is a bit costlier though . We should be able to get an acco outside the uni for the same cost but better quality , i mean individual 1BHK. Can u share u r profile pls.