Aspiring Candidate for SCIT - 2008 - 2010 batch

Hi Guys, My self abhijit. I have opted for SCIT ITBM course June session 2007- 2009 batch. I know there are quite a few aspirants who wud b trying to get thru here for the next batch… So all those early starters, shoot your queries…i’ll wi…

Hi Guys,
My self abhijit. I have opted for SCIT ITBM course June session 2007- 2009 batch. I know there are quite a few aspirants who wud b trying to get thru here for the next batch..
So all those early starters, shoot your queries...i'll with help of my seniors try to solve them to the best of my capabilities!!!
ALL THE BEST!!!!

Hi Guys,
My self abhijit. I have opted for SCIT ITBM course June session 2007- 2009 batch. I know there are quite a few aspirants who wud b trying to get thru here for the next batch..
So all those early starters, shoot your queries...i'll with help of my seniors try to solve them to the best of my capabilities!!!
ALL THE BEST!!!!

Good Work Abhijit 😃 there are many who wanted this 😃

HI All

Nice to c ppl are intreasted to start a thread so earlier... Guys keep it up...

ALL THE BEST TO THE ASPIRANTS...

:)

Hi All

Hey Abhijeet, thanks for starting the thread for the new comers.

Let me introduce myself, I am Shail. Working as a Technical Analyst, Cognizant, Mumbai. I have more than 2 years of working experience. Will be giving SNAP 2007 this year.

I appeared for SNAP 2006, but couldnt make it because of work commitments. During that process I made lotsa friends. I and those will be answering your queries to the best we can.

After looking at the previous threads, there are few common qualms that new comer always asks. I will try my best to resolve them in the following manner. If I am wrong, guyz you can correct me. Queries will be WRT SCIT only.

1) SNAP is mandatory for all SYM aspirants. Test will always held on 2nd Sunday of the December. So in 2006, it was on 17th December. This year 2007, will on 16th December. For more information about the test date and timing, hit www.snaptest.org. Notifications for registrations will be out in the month of August I guess. Keep yourself updated. SNAP test ID is mandatory for all. We have to register ourselves for the test. This is nation wide test. Centers are spanned all over India. For test type, please visit the site. Will be a 2 hrs test. In 2006 it was 2 to 4.

2) Most important point, we have to apply separately for the SYM colleges where you wish to take the admit. E.g., I want to apply for SCIT and SITM, and then I have to apply separately for these two colleges. Its not like that, when you clear the test, youll get a call from any SYM college. UnU you apply to that respective college, you wont get a call.

3) More on SCIT. SCIT has 5 specialization. ITBM (Information Technology Business Management), SDM (Software Development and Management), ISS (Information Security and Systems), SYSTEMS, NITI (Networks). For syllabus of each, can visit www.scit.edu. Its a home page of SCIT. SCIT conducts two SESSIONS. January Session and June Session. Last year i.e. 2006 Jan session, SCIT offered ISS and in 2005 I guess SDM (correct me if I am wrong here). As a tradition, this year i.e. 2007 we might come up with a change in the Jan session. Or we might not. June Session has all the above mentioned specs. Last year, all the PG courses offered by SCIT were changed from Diploma to MBA. Now every graduate from SCIT will get a MBA degree rather than Diploma degree. Now all SYM institutes come under SYM UNIVERSITY.

4) Another important point, a candidate from any educational background can apply for SCIT and in any spec. Its not like that, engineers are preferred. And placements across the backgrounds are the same. Bus you need to clear the norms lead by SCIT for applying.

5) Every spec in SCIT has cut offs. They are calculated as SNAP score + Acads + Work EX + Extra Curricular Activities. In order to get a call for GD/PI, you have to clear the cut off laid by SCIT. Notification of the SCIT Admissions will be out somewhere in the month of Oct-Nov in all major dailies. A candidate can apply for one spec @ a time; however he can apply for more than one course. For e.g. If you want to apply for ITBM, SDM and SYS, you have fill three separate forms for each spec. That means Three Forms each + Three DDs each. Last year the amount was 1000/-. Please take a note of that. If possible take a print out of the form once they are uploaded on SCIT homepage. Take multiple copies of the same, so that you guyz wont run out of forms. We also have online registrations also, but I prefer hard copies. There were some issues filling the forms last year. I request the newly admitted guyz to post the cut offs of the various specs.

6) More on GD/PI. This year SCIT aspirants witnessed a radical change in the GD/PI pattern. There were also elimination rounds. In fact this year, 2 GDs were taken for each candidate. Along with the same, you have PI after that and then Technical. Before that there will be a psychometric test that youll be undergoing.

I welcome all the new joiners to the part of roller coaster ride, which is filled with emotions. And tell you what its exhilarating.

If anything needed, just shoot it.

Thanks J

Shail.

Thats very well composed shail 😃
U have put down pts very clearly n precisely...
u seem to b very organized in ur thinking process
how cud you not clear it for 2007 batch :shock:
we wud hav been really lucky to hav u with us...

Just to add wat shail said:
-SNAP tests u on English, Logical reasoning maths which is quite std for ne B-School entrance exams But additaonally it tests you on General Knowledge also.

- 2007 batch had 2 GDs and 2 Interviews along with psychometric test
In GD though 1 topic was general and second one was a bit technical.

Thats very well composed shail 😃
U have put down pts very clearly n precisely...
u seem to b very organized in ur thinking process
how cud you not clear it for 2007 batch :shock:
we wud hav been really lucky to hav u with us...

Hi There Abhijeet.

I had put myself in the place of a newcomer. What basic queries he will be having and what reply he expects ?

When you are in Management or doing Management, you have put urself in that POSITION..or rather be in their shoes as adage goes. The thought process continues.

With the post that we have posted, the queries will be minimized and answers are already provided. If nybody comes up with the same query..We can direct him/her to the above detailed post. I am sure that the queries will be minimized in such a manner.

That kind of thinking always helps. Eg: U have a presentation tommorrow. And u wanna make some slides..Just put urself in the examiners place and design the slides accordingly and in very good manner. It will work out. It was just an example :)

Thank for the additonal inputs Abhijeet. Will part of SCIT next year thats for sure.

Shail.
The final score cutoffs for June 2007 session are as follows:
Open
IT Business Management
Systems
Software Development & Management
Networks & IT Infrastructure
Information Systems & Security
SCIT Shortlisting
SCIT works out the final score for consideration of the shortlist on the following basis.

Final Score = SNAP Score + 10 points for Academic consistency
(if more than 60% in 10th,12th and degree aggregate marks)
+ 5 points for Engineering degree + 3 points for Degree Computers/IT related + 10 point for work experience greater than 24 months on
January 6, 2007.
The final score cutoffs for June 2007 session are as follows:
Open
IT Business Management
Systems
Software Development & Management
Networks & IT Infrastructure
Information Systems & Security
SCIT Shortlisting
SCIT works out the final score for consideration of the shortlist on the following basis.

Final Score = SNAP Score + 10 points for Academic consistency
(if more than 60% in 10th,12th and degree aggregate marks)
+ 5 points for Engineering degree + 3 points for Degree Computers/IT related + 10 point for work experience greater than 24 months on
January 6, 2007.

This cutoff was for sending out calls for GD PI only

hmmm ...... the cutoffs are not precise but will give people a fair idea of what to aim for .... i got 75.5 and i still made it ..and there were people who give given calls at 70 also .... it depends on ur profile too ... computer science graduates and engineers are give more preference in the initial selection for gd .... gd pi are also very important ..... there are gonna be people fighting tooth and nail to get in ........
all in all ... its upto the person's mettle to get in SCIT ... study real hard give in ur best and gain the results ......

cheers .....

@shail : that's an exhaustive list man ..... all the information needed for any new comer .... hope u make it this time ........

@ cutoffs
well guys..don go on ur score..i mean even i got 47.5 and got through systems cut off of same was 54.5...actually they have mentioned clearley tht u will get sum points added in ur score if ur having 60% throughout X XII and ur garduation....few more points added if ur from engineering background...so everything is pretty clear on cutoff front i guess...
keep rocking
Rahul

Hi All..

One of the guy, PG id grondmaster posted this...Please take a note of this.

Dear Friends,

You must have seen the ad in today's major newspapers.

Symbiosis International University, the one that covers all Symbi institutes, ie SIBM, SCMHRD, SIIB, SIMC, SITM, SICSR, SCIT, SIHS, SIOM, et al, has taken affirmative action, and has created a 7% extra seats in all institutes for OBC candidates.

The persent number of seats will not be affected, extra seats are being created in all institutes. I'm attaching the ad that came in today's papers - it's very clear in what it says.

I am reserving my opinions about the action, and its timing. I wanted to inform the MBA aspirant community about this, so that those who don't read the papers but are active on
PG can take required action for the same.
------------end of the quote
If nyone has the attachment, please attach it.

Shail

so guys,
it seems no 1 hsa ne queries!!!
good!!
That cuts down on our job!!!!!

so ugys,
it seems no 1 hsa ne queries!!!
good!!
That cuts down on our job!!!!!

don worry dude..query will take its own time..so just wait n watch..
koolrahulgwl Says
don worry dude..query will take its own time..so just wait n watch..

Yeah!!
May b we r used to rise @ the last minute. Still a lot of time to go.
many have not yet started preparing for CAT. SNAP wil b almost a month later!!

Hi All.

I am back from KOLKATA after two weeks of training. Seems that no newcomer has joined and the forum is still a bit inactive AFS new queries are concerned.

Good news is that I'll be Pune, CTS for two months. May be we can meet up and njoy a bit. I will be placed in Hinjwadi, just few blocks away from you guyz.

Thanks

Shail

yeah sure... we'll meet once we r in Pune !!

Hi All.

I am back from KOLKATA after two weeks of training. Seems that no newcomer has joined and the forum is still a bit inactive AFS new queries are concerned.

Good news is that I'll be Pune, CTS for two months. May be we can meet up and njoy a bit. I will be placed in Hinjwadi, just few blocks away from you guyz.

Thanks

Shail

Sure Shail..if not every1 then atleast all PG's there in SCIT can meet ...u really helped us a lot..do inform us...when u plan to come on d campus...looking fwd to meet u buddy
bye
Take care
Rahul
Sure Shail..if not every1 then atleast all PG's there in SCIT can meet ...u really helped us a lot..do inform us...when u plan to come on d campus...looking fwd to meet u buddy
bye
Take care
Rahul

Hi Rahul,

Will be there from 28th May to 15 July. Yep !!! Will surely update you guyz.

Shail