Ask K. J. Somaiya, Mumbai : Official Admissions Query thread

Hello everyone :: , We are glad to have Prof Meera Ramanathan from Mumbai- based K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research*(SIMSR-Mumbai) *on board PaGaLGuY for answering your questions about SIMSR admissions. Prof Rama…

Hello everyone ,

We are glad to have Prof Meera Ramanathan from Mumbai- based K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research(SIMSR-Mumbai) on board PaGaLGuY for answering your questions about SIMSR admissions.

Prof Ramanathan and her team would be answering all your questions related to getting an admission into SIMSR, Mumbai. You could ask her your questions about CAT and CET cutoffs, admission criteria, nature of MBA programs, placements, faculty and infrastructure, etc.

To get you started, read an interview of the K J Somaiya Director-General to get some questions answered.

How does it work?

1. You post your questions about K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai here by hitting the 'Post Reply' button on top.
  2. Prof Ramanathan and her team, who will keep a watchful eye on this thread will answer all your queries on a regular basis.
  3. So once you post your question, you can come back to this thread in a couple of days to find your answer or even better, Subscribe to this thread by clicking on the 'Thread tools' link on the top-right side at the top of the thread to receive updates on your email.
Prof Ramanathan's PG user-ID is QnA@KJSomaiya

So go ahead and shoot your questions. Good luck to all of you!

Cheers!

I'v applied to KJS. But is there any way to knw the application status?

Also, How is the infrastructure at the Insttitute. I've heard that the campus area for management studies is still under construction.

m getting 67-72 marks in cat07 which can be 88-90% .... i hv no experience . kindly advice me .... should i go for kj???

Irrelevant.

Sir,

can u give me details for the retail course,
this year which all scores will be accepted for it and wat can be the probable cut offs?

thank you

HI,

I have some confusion regarding KJ Somaiya and JBIMS.
Both come under CET as well as CAT i guess....
I intend to give both the exams.....So which score shud i upload for the second GD/PI stage...IS it best of two or wat is the procedure or equating the CAT score to say a CET score.

Moreover I am Maharashtra state candidate...Is there a specific quota for that as the institute comes under CET....

PLus can I apply later for the institute(i.e. after applying for CET?)

Please help me on this one

Please answer the following Queries continued from the The unofficial thread of Kj somaiya admissions 2008-2010...
1. While filling the Online form the total marks field for Graduation doesn't accept number more than 3 digits,so can we simply scale it to 100 and put the total marks as 100.
2. Do we need to send the attested copies or normal Photostat copies of work exp certificate...will the print out of 1st and current salary slip suffice incase we don't have a proper work exp certificate

thanks in Anticipation

Another small query.....
Where do we get the Work Experience certi..
I guess v get it after leaving the org..
How do v get it b4 leaving?

Thanks to pagalguy for creating this platform where we can solve your queries which I feel is very important at the stage where you are. We would try our best to clear your doubts about K J Somaiya Institute Of Management And Research.

All the best.

I'v applied to KJS. But is there any way to knw the application status?

Also, How is the infrastructure at the Institute. I've heard that the campus area for management studies is still under construction.

Please call the admission department at the number given on the admission brochure with your CAT registration number to know your application status.

Regarding infrastructure many additional facilities are being planned for students which will be completed in next three months so you should not worry about it. It will be done long before your batch joins.
iamdbest Says
m getting 67-72 marks in cat07 which can be 88-90% .... i hv no experience . kindly advice me .... should i go for kj???

It is difficult to comment on how much marks you will get in CAT for sure. But if you are getting what you have mentioned you can try. There are other parameters as well which are important, for details please go through the brochure.
i had tried to register in d aftrnoon today but in d middle some runtime error popped up nd i had to log out. aftr tht whnevr i log in it says ur username,password nd email id dont match. evn whn i copy paste it frm d mail received frm ur system generated mail. it says thr is some mismatch nd this cat registration no. already exists in d database.

cant nethng be done to reset d thing so tht i can register again. plz revert bck asap. i'm in a fix:

Please call the admission department or send a mail, it will be resolved. Check the admission brochure for the contact details.

sir can u plz gimme sme info abt the retail prog?

Sir,

Can you help me out with the following query in the PGDM form:

In the current job tab the time period for the experience is to be mentioned start date and end date.

I was working from July 2005 to November 2006 but the drop down option does not have 2006 as an option it has 2007 and 2008
what should I enter in that tab.

Thanks

Regarding the work experience : The option is there in the application form to enter for the November 2006. You can fill it up now.

Anirban you have left a single space after your name in the userid that is the reason you are unable to login, login now with the same userid and pwd , it will be ok now.

I am facing a problem while filling up the online form...

I was filling up the kj somaiya online form....
I created my userid password and logged in.....
By mistake i clicked on the logout and came out of the system...
Now when i try to login, its saying that the CAT registration number is in the database but the username and password doesnt match.......
I havnent even received the mail.....
Is there anyway i can resolve this problem ???
Or do i have to opt for the other option for filling up the form ???

hello

i m an aspirant to ur college.....I have appeared for CAT
I didnt too well.
My break ups are
DI-55
QA-19
VA- -3
Overall-71
Websites predict a percentile of around 85 to 90 %tile
Plz guide me through.....I have scored a negative score in english.Plz tell me wat r my chances.Does KJ somaiya have Sectional cut-offs.
Wats the Placement scenario??what was the avg salary for 2007 pass outs?
Thank u sooo much in advance.

hey,

pls tell me... evertime i log in i get a new form no... wat form no should i take???

thx