Ask ISBmantra.com - Anything and Everything about ISB

Ex ISB Admissions Officials answer all your questions about different ISB programs like the PGP, YLP, EEO, PGPMAX, PGPpro etc.

Hello Puys! We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns about your profile, ISB Application, Programs etc. leveraging the experience of our team of experts who have been a part of ISB Admissions. 

ISB had its new batch on campus last week. Here it what they begin with - the O-week. 

Orientation week – A perfect start to life at ISB!

The community at ISB is truly diverse and vibrant. Each year, people from a wide range of age groups, from all walks of life, become ISB students. The 1-year MBA program translates to a very hectic life on campus, leaving little scope for students to gradually settle into the unique ISB culture. Orientation Week acts as a bridge that assists new students to smoothly transition and adapt to the ISB way!

The Dean’s address kicks off the Orientation Week which is entirely organized and run by ISB alumni. To begin with, experienced alumni act as advisors to newbies, answering all questions related to registration, finance, legalities, signing up for a laptop, accommodations – everything that a new student needs to know to kick start their tenure.

Although the week starts on a formal note, what follows is a pleasant surprise! After advising them, the alumni discretely direct the new students towards Khemka, ISB’s well-known auditorium. Here the students face a group of alumni who playfully ‘grill’ them for information for about 15 to 20 minutes. This unique ice breaker is followed by an end of the day theme based party, which further helps nervous new students to let their hair down and enjoy themselves.

The second day marks the beginning of a blitzkrieg of activities. A treasure hunt is ISB’s novel way of giving newcomers a tour of the sprawling campus. In another activity, alumni paint a long canvas with depictions of their experiences at ISB as well as daily life – creating a colourful testimonial of sorts for new joinees to get a glimpse of what to expect.  Incoming students also get to try their hand at the most popular sport at ISB. It’s not cricket, it’s not football – its frisby, a much loved part of the ISB culture!

Every new student would have heard about most of the 28 clubs at ISB. However, presentations made by the ex-presidents and core members of the clubs throughout the week give students an in-depth understanding about what each club is about, who can become a member and how they will benefit from being part of it. This is a great way to decide which club or clubs would best compliment a student’s academic direction and career aspirations.

What comes as a pleasant surprise to ISB students is the high quality accommodation it provides. They get introduced to this facet of life at ISB during the Orientation Week. ISB has hired a 4 star hotel to not only maintain the dormitory, but also provide housekeeping services – daily! This is not just an extra facility – it is ISB’s way of letting their students know what to expect from life after ISB. The housekeeping is also very considerate given that students have to invest time in study groups, club activities, and academic assignments. Knowing, at the very beginning, that they will not have to clean their rooms for a year surely reduces a bit of stress for students!

Talent night is possibly the biggest event of orientation week, with each of the eight sections at ISB giving musical performances, skits and a medley of other performances based on a common theme. There is also a day dedicated to outdoor camping, where alumni team up members from each section and have a day of fun team building activities such as trekking blindfolded. While Talent Night binds students within sections, camping day promotes inter-section bonding.

Throughout the week, new students realise that life at ISB will not be easy, but it sure will not be dull! Getting 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, the Orientation Week sets the pace for the rest of the year, building stamina and rigour amongst newcomers. The week is not a mere knowledge sharing event, it is a ‘passing on the baton’ ceremony of sorts. Alumni welcome new students to the institution that has become a part of their own identity. After all, once an ISBian, always an ISBian! 

Hi,
Kindly evaluate my profile:
Academic Career: 10th- 74% (Rajshthan Board), 12th- 61% (CBSE), B.A. (Economics)- 68% (Rajashthan University, College Topper), MBA (Finance) - 62% (Mumbai University but Average college)
My work experience: Having 7 years of work experience in Consulting and Business development domain. 4 out of 7 years, I have been associated with KPMG (Big 4) as a management consultant. I started my career with business development in Energy and Natural resources sector, then moved to consulting domain with the specialization in Infrastructure and Public sector in KPMG. Currently, I am working for some Transfer pricing project from last 1 year. So, you can see my career journey was very dynamic in terms of role profiles.Extra Curriculare: Rajeasthan gold medalist and National level player in boxing, I am also active memeber of Art of Living
Please tell me what are my chances looking at my academic and professional career and what should be a good GMAT score for me for the Class 2019.
Thanks   

ISB YLP Stage-2 Essay Questions: 

1.  Tell us about your role in a team that made a significant contribution to the organization/college. (300 words max)

2. What are your career goals and how would the YLP help you achieve them? (300 words max)

All the Best to YLP Stage-2 applicants! 

Hi! I am  an ISB Admit for the class of 2018.  I have created a helpbook for approaching SOPs for MiS, it includes research on MIS programs and sample successful SoPs, if you wish to receive a copy please inbox me, kindly don't comment on this post. 

Hi! I am  an ISB Admit for the class of 2018.  I have created a helpbook for approaching SOPs for MiS, it includes research on MIS programs and sample successful SoPs, if you wish to receive a copy please inbox me, kindly don't comment on this post. 

Hi @ISBmantra.com , request you to kindly review my profile:

Xth: 88%

XIIth: 60%

B.Tech (Non IT): 80 %

Total work experience: 7 years and 2 months 

Company 1: Oracle: Consultant for a financial product 

(Total 3 years and 10 months). Worked in international projects for 2 years. 

Company 2: British Telecommunications: Consultant (Solution Designer/Architect) for a call routing platform. Some experience in big data.

Extra-curricular:

1. Selected for a national level work shop conducted at IIT Madras during second year of college

2. Toastmaster- CC and CL tracks completed

3. United nations volunteer: Teaching english/soft skills at a muslim orphanage

4. United nations volunteer: Technical author for an IT course at a not for profit educational portal

Awards:

1. Oracle: For outstanding contributions to the project as a fresher

2. British telecom: Improving efficiency of the call routing platform by over 20 percent

3. British Telecom: Solution design for a new product launch.

GMAT: 690

Kindly suggest if I need to re-take GMAT in order to bump up my score.

The one year at ISB is spread across 8 terms, with some interesting nuances to be aware of while planning your MBA. Here is a detailed report of the Terms and Acads at ISB: https://www.isbmantra.com/resources/isb-student-diaries/isb-terms-acads

Hello, Wanted to know what does ISB looks for in its potential students? I am aware of there selection process/criteria but wanted to you the fine details- 1. Does your company where you work matter? 2. How do they actually select students- statistics would be v.helpfull. Thanks,

I’ll be graduating this June 2017 and have cleared the stage 1, I’m eligible for it through YLP? Also I’ll be continuing with my family business till the interview round so will that be accounted in total work-ex or a job is a must? And when exactly will the classes commence for this years final admits, will we have sufficient time to complete those required 20 months?

Could you please evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply in ISB this year. GMAT score - 710 Work experience - 2 years in J.P Morgan Education: B.E (Mechanical engg.) from NSIT; XII-85.2%; X-97.2%  Was a part of the college cricket team.  How strong do you think my chances are of getting into ISB. 

And most improtantly do you think I need to give the GMAT again. 

Kindly evaluate my chances for ISB. 10th- 76 cbse 12th- 79.4 mp board B. Tech - 69.3 (Mechanical Engg. From NIT-B) Work ex- 36 months in family business (successfully started and leading a new project there). Extra curriculum- inter college TT, district runner up in swimming. Co curriculum- won 2 competitions at IITs' techfest. GMAT - 740 (q51 v39 ir8 awa5)

Hi everyone request you to please evaluate my profile:

i was targeting ISB 2018 MBA intake,

gmat score is 690(q49,v33),

B Tech from NIT surathkal (83% aggregate), 

12th : 86%

work experince : 3 years in NMDC(central govt. PSU) in steel plant, currently working as Assistant manager

extra curricular :  CBSE cluster zonal level badminton player, active CSR voluneer won certificates of excellence for my work in NTPC and NMDC, worked for NMDC land aquisation team for convincing farmers to sell their land for steel plant.  

Kindly evaluate my profile and tell me the GMAT score i should target for admission. 

10th - 87.88%(Maharashtra board)

12th - 82.17%(Science) [Maharashtra board] 

Btech Marine Engineering 8.44 CGPA [BITS,Pilani]  

Currently working as 4th Engineer in MAERSK LINE with an experience  of 1 year and recently got promoted as 4th engineer by clearing  Government of India's exam.

Extra-Curriculars: 1. All India topper for TMISAT 2011 (Entrance exam for Tolani Maritime Institute) 

2. Scholarship holder for all 7 semesters 

3. Represented my school in INMUN 

4. Assistant contingency leader for MOOD-I 

5. Organising committee member for IWCEM

6. Captain in my college for 2 years( selected on basis of sports and academics, so I guess that includes all)

7. Founder of a website dedicated to students aspiring to join merchant navy 

Hi, Profile: Class X: 91%, Class XII: 95% [CBSE] , B.Tech Civil Engineering:78% [NITT], Two years work experience in L&T - Roles spread over design & SCM, M.Tech Construction Management: IIT Delhi: 89%, 1+ year work experience in L&T - Roles including Planning and monitoring. Extra Curriculars: Organizing tech fests, events etc during btech, nothing after that. GMAT: yet to take the test. I want to know if, specific for my profile 1. What are the possibilities of landing a job in a consultancy/operations in a non infrastructure industry after ISB? 2. If I stick to infrastructure industry what would be the probable extent of value addition that I would get at ISB?

hi ,

Academic Profile :-  

Class X :-  90.3%  ICSE

ClassXII:-  89.4%  CBSE

Btech (Mechanical Engg) :- 77.67% PTU

Career Profile:-

Total Work Experience :- 5 years in Marketing & Sales ( Product seeding ,establishment, Channel Sales, Dealer Management, Product Launches )

Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd :- 2years

Tata Motors Ltd :- 3 years - Present  

Ques:-

1. What GMAT Score i need as per my profile, Chances of getting ISB?

2. I want to opt for a different profile ( HR, Consulting ), what are the prospectives of getting a course related to this.

Need your inputs.

Hi, 

I am looking for information on PGPPro. 

Firstly, how does the program compare with the regular PGP offered by ISB? I know its PGP equivalent but I am mostly looking for the cons as compared with PGP. 

Secondly, if you can kindly evaluate my profile for this program. 

X- 78%, XII - 69, gradaution: 69%

1 year gap between XII and graduation start. 

8 years of total Work-ex (as of Jan 2018)

(4 years as Quality analyst and remainder as Business Analyst) Market Risk domain, Hands on experience with people management and project management. 

International Work Experience of 1 year. 

Infosys: 4.5 years  

Accenture: 10 months  

UBS Investment bank : 2 years

Probably immaterial but I hold a GMAT score of 690 which i took in 2015.

Interested in Finance as the minor.

Appreciate your inputs. 

Regards

Hii .. plz evaluate my sister's profile 10th 88 per cent 12th 91 percent Graduation delhi university maths(hons) 87per cent Post graduation IIT Guwahati (mathematics and computing) 6.7 pointer 1.5 year experience in startup (Toppr) 1 year as content writer 6 month onwards as data analyst Pls advice how much should be her GMAT score and her chances of getting into ISB hyderabad?

can we expect the ylp results before 31st october? When were the results declared last year?