Asian Institute of Management (AIM) 2011 Discussions

Hello all, I am creating this thread for discussions related to Asian Institute of Management (AIM) 2011 admissions. I tried to search thread for AIM 2011, but couldn’t find one. This discussion board is aimed to cover anything and ever…

Hello all,

I am creating this thread for discussions related to Asian Institute of Management (AIM) 2011 admissions. I tried to search thread for AIM 2011, but couldn't find one.

This discussion board is aimed to cover anything and everything related to AIM, Manila. Starting from the application, essays, GD, interviews, fees, reputation, faculty, GMAT score, AIMT test, recommendation letters, placements, ROI, comparison with other B schools, life at AIM, peer network, course containt etc.

Please share your thoughts and experience. Also, people who are already at AIM or those who have applied at AIM in past please do contribute to this thread.

I am planning to apply this year. I have already got the application form in hard-copy from the institute's Mumbai office. Now I am in the process of getting the letter of recommendation done from college & writing essays.

I did my B.Tech. in Production Engineering (2008 ) from College of Engineering, Pune & now working with Tata Motors. I have total work ex of 28 months till November 2010.

Hope to hear from you all.

Regards,

Harshal

GR8 initiative harshal. I had applied to AIM last year but due to my insufficient WorkEx they fwded my profile this year. I have cleared AIMAT, just to go through the GD/PI process again this year.

My Profile:
BE 2008
WE: 2yrs 6 months in Wipro Tech.

Hey Harshal...hows it goin??? good to see you here...guess we just gotta wait for the results...PRatik :cheerio:

Hi Puys!!!

waiting for shortlist.....

GMAT680/4

Work exxp >3 yrs

Good acad& Decent EC.

Seniors pl throw soem light on placements....

Tushar

@mayankmirani: It's great to hear that you have already cleared AIMAT. Could you just share your ideas/ experience about cut off & short listing for AIMAT? I appeared of the same on 5th Dec 2010. It was good. But I personally found it bit lengthy.

@Tomahawke: Hello Pratik. Yeah, it seems that we will have to wait till 1st week of Feb 2011 for result. Man, I'm still struggling for academic reco. Hope I'll manage to submit application by 31st Dec.

Dats k if you can't get the academic reco...even i cudn't...so I spoke to Damodar and he said 2 Prof recos wud do...hope dat wrks for u :grin:

@harshalmate - As per AIM policy, AIM doesn't reveal the cutoff marks and its shortlisting. However i personally feel that those you have got good marks in Quants should stand a good chance for i/v call.

mayankmirani Says
@harshalmate - As per AIM policy, AIM doesn't reveal the cutoff marks and its shortlisting. However i personally feel that those you have got good marks in Quants should stand a good chance for i/v call.

Thanks mayankmirani.

Anyone from present / past students of AIM, please contribute to this thread and give some clarity about AIM.

@harshalmate : thanks for starting this thread...just sharing the info I got to know from Mr. Damodar..

AIM will porcess 1st round application during Dec-Jan and is going to release the shortlist for interview in the 1st week of Feb. The 1st round of interviews are scheduled for 1st week of March...keep posting guys :grin:

@harshalmate : thanks for starting this thread...just sharing the info I got to know from Mr. Damodar..

AIM will porcess 1st round application during Dec-Jan and is going to release the shortlist for interview in the 1st week of Feb. The 1st round of interviews are scheduled for 1st week of March...keep posting guys :grin:

AIM is a good college any specific doubt ping me

When is the deadline for AIM? I suppose it's already over(mentioned in the website) for this intake. And do they also accept GMAT scores? And i'm 09 passout and having 20 months ex...Can i apply for this intake?

Bharathwaj Says
When is the deadline for AIM? I suppose it's already over(mentioned in the website) for this intake. And do they also accept GMAT scores? And i'm 09 passout and having 20 months ex...Can i apply for this intake?

Bharathwaj, 1st round of deadline is over. 2nd round of deadline is till april 2011. AIM accepts either GMAT or AIMAT scores. Minimum criteria is 24 months workex..I believe you can clear this specific doubt with Mr. damodar at mumbai representative office whose number you will find at the AIM website.:cheerio::
Aspirant010 Says
AIM is a good college any specific doubt ping me

@ Aspirant010: I heard from my friend that AIM has lost EQUIS certification. Is it true???
What is the situation of placements at AIM?
Do companies recruit students from Entrepreneurship specialization also??? What is the scenario of it?

hey Mayank, i dont think u remember me. we used to do Gds last year..m from Mumbai...got through AIM..good to hear that you have not gien up...hope to see you in our new batch

hey sunil, you mean you joined AIM last year and not admitted for 2011 session..right ? If yes ..can you throw some light on the placement scenario.. Aspirant010 seems to be bsy..

Hi!!!

Can u pls give info abt Placements for Marketing concentration.
How is acceptability in Singapore post this program?

Tushar

Hi!!!

Can u pls give info abt Placements for Marketing concentration.
How is acceptability in Singapore post this program?

Tushar

Hey guys,

I am also in the same boat. I applied in R1 and am keeping my fingers crossed until the GD/PI results are out.

Btw it would be really nice if seniors at AIM could throw some light on placements of class of 2010.

-mA

Guys, any idea when AIMAT results are coming out?

Sunil/Seniors can you guys pls throw some light on the education at AIM/ philippines as a whole/ Placement scenario/ Future opportunities?
Any info will be very helpful.