Asian Institute of Management Admission 2012 [Official Thread]

Hi Guys, Creating a new thread for Asian Institute of Management Admission Events 2012. Please post all your queries on this thread and seniors will be more than happy to help you. Few pointers that you must follow:- 1) No irrelev…

Hi Guys,
Creating a new thread for Asian Institute of Management Admission Events 2012.

Please post all your queries on this thread and seniors will be more than happy to help you.

Few pointers that you must follow:-

1) No irrelevant Chit Chats
2) No slang usage
3) No Comparison of B Schools

All the Best to all for Admissions

All the best to all aspirants!

Continue your application discussions here, however, basic information regarding school/ course/ placement/ education/ etc (general/debatable/opinionated/statistics) can also be found on the 2010 and 2011 threads (heavy ones..:)).

Aspirants can do their own research/surf through past forums for more information.

Thanks Tanmoy for quick reply.

I have been trying those numbers for last one week no one responds.

Please tell me How I should take AIMTEST without registering anywhere?
or Can I simply to go the venue and take the test that what you mean?
and can you please provide some details over this years or last years placement...

Thanks,
Pravin

thnks tanmoy... ok i'll be sending them a formal letter with details as mentioned in an email i recieved from Mr. Damodar and a DD of 2500 .. bt i got a question.. thy said last date for requesting for application kit is nov 11'2011 and filling d complete form is 30 dec' 2011 but there was a date 15th nov that i heard about from some people which got me confused.. could anyone clarify what is d plan of action once we send d application kit request and in how many days will i receive my kit and how will i get my roll number for AIMAT in dec.
also do i have to send scholarship application letter with this application request letter i am sending tomorrow? please reply fast esp for the last query :\..

thanks

Sachin

@sachin

Who is Mr. Damodar?
Do u have format of Scholarship application letter.
Where you saw that u have to send a dd of 2500/-
Please if possible give me your contact details.
I am also very much confused. I need info.

gimme ur mail id, i'll mail you their email which i recieved pravin 😃

[email protected]

No..you need'nt send the scholarship letter this time. Plan of action as follows :

-> Irrespective of date confusions, just draft and send the requirements in place
to Mumbai office. (request letter and DD)
-> They will send you application kit/admit card/brochure/etc in approx 2 weeks time. (thats when I got mine).
-> Start working on your application keeping in mind the application deadline NOT the AIMAT date. If you feel you are ready enough for completing your application after AIMAT by Dec deadline, focus on AIMAT, else, work on both simultaneously.
-> Take the AIMAT.
-> Continue working on completing the application.
-> Draft a scholarship letter (intructions will be mentioned in kit) and send completed application package to Mumbai office.

Await your results. They do not inform AIMAT results, but give you a tentative date by when the shortlists for GDPI will be out. Call/mail them around that time. (AIMAT is just one of the application parameters.) You can also apply using your GMAT score.

If Mumbai number does not respond, mail them at every crucial step you undertake/fulfil or have any admission query.

Focus on AIMAT/apps as of now. If you have time, you can go through 2010/2011 threads for discussions on placement/education/etc. It's 100s of pages and it will be too redundant here..:)

All the best.

plz check.... 😃

thnks again boiii 😃 also any suggestions with AIMAT??? any absolute any would do 😃

For AIMAT, prepare on the same lines of GMAT, its just an easier version of the GMAT but a lot more time-crunching. Super-long and super-tough RCs. SC/Quant/DS/CR will be easier. Also, at the end of the test, you'll have 2 essay questions for an hour or so.

ghademmet!!!!!!!!!!!
thnks a LOT tanmoy .. but i thing which i missed was how will i get my aimat roll no?? thy do hv d concept of roll no for d exam ryt?

Thanks tanmoy for your valuable comments. This info is really useful.
Can u just tell us what essay topic last time u got?

I forgot guys - but yes, you will have a choice of 2 from 4. I guess one of my choices was related to social media.

Yes, you will get the roll number printed on the admit card that you'll get with the kit. You'll need to furnish your details in pen and paste your photo over it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One more thing.How to request for an application? A very lame question...i know.. 😃

check ur mail 😃

I forgot guys - but yes, you will have a choice of 2 from 4. I guess one of my choices was related to social media.

Yes, you will get the roll number printed on the admit card that you'll get with the kit. You'll need to furnish your details in pen and paste your photo over it.

grazie tanmoy grazie 😃

Hi Tanmoy,
One Qustion here. How to take the AIMAT test. Please let me know. Nothing is given in the Site.