Asia-pacific gd-pi

hi All, I am starting this thread to share the experiences of the GD-PI process of ASIA-PACIFIC Institute Of Management. Please come forward and share your GD-PI experiences. This will be a great help for all the aspirants.

hi All,

I am starting this thread to share the experiences of the GD-PI process of ASIA-PACIFIC Institute Of Management. Please come forward and share your GD-PI experiences.

This will be a great help for all the aspirants.

its a gud start and will help the new aspirants.

is this thread about ASIA PACIFIC new delhi???

kingpra Says
is this thread about ASIA PACIFIC new delhi???

Yes, any doubts? Don't mix up with AIM Manila. You can start posting your GD exp., if you have any.

Well my gd was fine...v had a case study....PI was also ok

n ya ive got admission in dr pgdm course....paid the 1st installment....is any1 else joining???

Well my gd was fine...v had a case study....PI was also ok

n ya ive got admission in dr pgdm course....paid the 1st installment....is any1 else joining???

Check your PM.
kingpra Says
wow....that's a pin-up material....pretty much contains evrything..well as far as the placement line is concerned from where did u get that information.??

Info. about the placements is purely Asia-Pacific website based (Assuming they have posted authentic facts for previous 2 batches). Please peruse the site yourself. Any recent changes can be edited on my post, send me a PM if such a need arises.

Anybody else going through the GD process may elucidate, if they have access to more information in this regard.

For those puys who may not have read these comments on Asia-Pacific, or do not understand how to make the optimal use of PG resources:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/good-mat-institutes-25003820

Read posts # 3708 & # 3709 on the above thread.

Got a convert call today from the institute, trashed. I feel it's not worth it at all at Asia- Pacific, considering their placement scenario. All the best to the puy who secures my vacated seat.

How they informed u that u have been selected..

do they mailed you.

when was your interview.

Please reply.

How they informed u that u have been selected..

do they mailed you.

when was your interview.

Please reply.

Telephonic results. (By the phone number you leave in the app. form+email+hard copy later). ATB.

When was your interview in Asia Pacific.

And can you tell me what is the avg packages students are getting in asia Pacific, New Delhi.

When was your interview in Asia Pacific.

And can you tell me what is the avg packages students are getting in asia Pacific, New Delhi.

GD was 10-12 days ago.
Here's the website homepage, pull out your calculator, & calculate the packages in any way you desire:

..:: ASIA PACIFIC INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ::..

Current year placements are still on. To get an idea you can compute for previous year. Click on the icon "Our recruiters for 2006-08 batch". You will get a list of students placed individually. You can add all their packages, & compute an average figure yourself. I haven't done it as yet. ATB.

Puys, let's check out their selection trends. I met someone yesterday who got PGDM at Asia-Pacific with 98.5%tile (MAT Dec.0, GD on 12-2-2009.
Can anyone who has gone through GD tell me if there's been any conversion at 82%tile MAT score, & in what program? This will give me an idea of my performance vis-a-vis the others. It will also help future aspirants to judge whether to apply or not to Asia-Pacific, based on their written test scores, since that carries a weightage of 50% in the selection process. Such folks can make a better judgement, & save 1500 bucks in app. fees at least.

Please mention only:

1. CAT/MAT-08/09 percentile
2. Program offered to you (Depending on the options you ticked in the options form)

Please do not mention:

1. Your performance in GD/PI (We cannot grade that ourselves here)
2. Your acads
3. Your work-ex.

#2 & #3 carry only 10% weightage, so we can safely ignore those points, as they contribute to a marginal difference only to your final scores.

The above mentioned procedure is aimed at causing minimal confusion, & could help in making a good decision process.

Pour in your scores based on this process puys...

OK, first response:

Richa from Chd.-- 93.87%tile (MAT)
Alloted-- PGDM

I will add more converts here to tabulate a score/selection post.

Post will be edited each time to accomodate recent entries, if any.

For those selected, please come forward, so that we can ascertain at which percentile ranges, what program is offered to candidates.

...OK puys, no more are volunteering to come up with their scores, & it's really sad that I can't tabulate unless I have sufficient feedback.

My take on this institute's admissions, which they don't disclose for reasons I deduce, that they won't disclose on their website, 'cause this may deter prospects to apply. Remember that sale of applications is a major source of revenue for these institutes.

I personally feel that if you have a MAT score of 90%tile+, you may be assured of a PGDM seat. A range of 80-90%tile can fetch you a convert for any other program vis PGPM/PGDM-Mktg., PGDM-BFS, PGDM-IB. No comments on the exec. programs, I have no idea about those. Checking out from the mandatory disclosure on their website, as I mentioned earlier too, MAT scores constitute 50% weightage to the selection process. Taking that aspect into consideration, I have given my views on your final call here. There may be very few exceptions to this rule- If you do exceptionally well in GD/PI (40% weightage), then you may scrap through the PGDM convert, provided you have 85%tile+ at least in MAT.

This post may help you to take an informed decision about your chances for a particular program. It is particularly true if you want to go in for only the flagship PGDM program, & none of the others, as is my case presently. All the best.

OK, first response:

Richa from Chd.-- 93.87%tile (MAT)
Alloted-- PGDM

I will add more converts here to tabulate a score/selection post.

Post will be edited each time to accomodate recent entries, if any.

For those selected, please come forward, so that we can ascertain at which percentile ranges, what program is offered to candidates.

...OK puys, no more are volunteering to come up with their scores, & it's really sad that I can't tabulate unless I have sufficient feedback.

My take on this institute's admissions, which they don't disclose for reasons I deduce, that they won't disclose on their website, 'cause this may deter prospects to apply. Remember that sale of applications is a major source of revenue for these institutes.

I personally feel that if you have a MAT score of 90%tile+, you may be assured of a PGDM seat. A range of 80-90%tile can fetch you a convert for any other program vis PGPM/PGDM-Mktg., PGDM-BFS, PGDM-IB. No comments on the exec. programs, I have no idea about those. Checking out from the mandatory disclosure on their website, as I mentioned earlier too, MAT scores constitute 50% weightage to the selection process. Taking that aspect into consideration, I have given my views on your final call here. There may be very few exceptions to this rule- If you do exceptionally well in GD/PI (40% weightage), then you may scrap through the PGDM convert, provided you have 85%tile+ at least in MAT.

This post may help you to take an informed decision about your chances for a particular program. It is particularly true if you want to go in for only the flagship PGDM program, & none of the others, as is my case presently. All the best.

well i guess 90%tile in MAT is not the ultimate criteria for gettin admission in pgdm course i scored 80%tile in both CAT n MAT n yet i got PGDM. so its ur overall performance + Their expectations
kingpra Says
well i guess 90%tile in MAT is not the ultimate criteria for gettin admission in pgdm course i scored 80%tile in both CAT n MAT n yet i got PGDM. so its ur overall performance + Their expectations

Hey, good to see you back, there was nobody else posting their reviews here. Check your PM..

well i do agree with scorpion that asia pacific is not a good college.reason it's fee is high but placements are not good.