Are all Indian IT Professionals Equivalent?

Hi, I have read at most of the GMAT forums that Indian students and specifically Indian IT professionals are at a disadvantage because of the large talent pool with which any student need to compete to get in to a good business school. M…

Hi,

I have read at most of the GMAT forums that Indian students and specifically Indian IT professionals are at a disadvantage because of the large talent pool with which any student need to compete to get in to a good business school.

My question with in IT industry a person can have different exposure and experiences for e.g. one of the person may be working as a developer or in support while the other person may be acting as a Business Analyst or a consultant. Do both of them belong to the same pool just because they belong to IT industry?

regards
Vijay

Hi,

I have read at most of the GMAT forums that Indian students and specifically Indian IT professionals are at a disadvantage because of the large talent pool with which any student need to compete to get in to a good business school.

My question with in IT industry a person can have different exposure and experiences for e.g. one of the person may be working as a developer or in support while the other person may be acting as a Business Analyst or a consultant. Do both of them belong to the same pool just because they belong to IT industry?

regards
Vijay

please redirect the post in the right forum.

unfortunately, its true that on a relative scale, IT professionals from India are at a disadvantage on Global MBA basis if you are as vanilla as the others. This year specifically have been bad for some of them
Hi,

regards
Vijay

You might be interested in this post