Architect wanting to do MBA at 35???

I am an architect from Coimbatore India 35 years old with around 8 years of professional experience.I would like to study fulltime MBA , i run my own firm but off late i feel very stagnated with my work. I want to do an MBA(general) or MBA …

I am an architect from Coimbatore India 35 years old with around 8 years of
professional experience.I would like to study fulltime MBA , i run my own firm but off late i feel very stagnated with my work.

I want to do an MBA(general) or MBA real estate from some good B-School abroad.I have around 10 lakhs in finaces ready but i will have to give up my career here and look ou for a job once i complete the MBA.I would preferably like to join some real estate management companies abroad ideally after i do my MBA,

I would like to be advised

whether it is too late to do an MBA

will doing an MBA and my past work experience be fruitful enough to land me a job

Where apart from UK are good mba real estate or COnstruction management progs available?

arc_mar Says
I am an architect from Coimbatore India 35 years old with around 8 years of professional experience.I would like to study fulltime MBA , i run my own firm but off late i feel very stagnated with my work. I want to do an MBA(general) or MBA real estate from some good B-School abroad.I have around 10 lakhs in finaces ready but i will have to give up my career here and look ou for a job once i complete the MBA.I would preferably like to join some real estate management companies abroad ideally after i do my MBA, I would like to be advised whether it is too late to do an MBA. will doing an MBA and my past work experience be fruitful enough to land me a job. Where apart from UK are good mba real estate or COnstruction management progs available?

To answer your specific questions - No, not too late provided you have your rationale well thought out. The US Top 10 + UCLA (Anderson), and INSEAD & LBS in the EU/UK have good alumni networks in the Real Estate and relevant consulting fields. So concentrate on those. Check also the Sloan Master's programs at LBS and MIT-Sloan, these accept older students. Or even the IIMA-PGPX (1 year April to April) or even ISB.

Landing a job is a direct function of what you bring to the table - past architectural experience relevant to real estate management, your personality (willingness to network keeping ego aside), and transferable skills. At your age, you won't be the young agile whippersnapper banking or strat-consulting aspirant. You'll need to do a lot of leg-work on your own.

Good luck