Applying for F1 outside home country?

Hey there everyone, I am in desparate need of some visa information. Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for an F-1 visa in a country outside of your country of citizenship?? I am currenly working in China and will be here until Ju…

Hey there everyone,

I am in desparate need of some visa information. Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for an F-1 visa in a country outside of your country of citizenship?? I am currenly working in China and will be here until July. I dont think I will have enough time to apply for a visa in India before my course starts in Sept. ( I will be in India in July and Aug)

The freaking visa consulate here in China refuses to entertain phone inquiries and I dont know where and how to seek information. Please please help!!

Its possible but not recommended. The premise is that only your home country consulate is best equipped to process your country-specific details.

Do you have an I-20? Have you scheduled an interview at an Indian consulate? Where are you headed?

Are you planning to return to the same employer post MBA? Why would you want risk your MBA?

Looks like I've asked more questions than you...