Applied MICA???....post scores!!!!

Hi guys…and with due respect Gals… So thru with CAT…calculated ur scores…gone thru all the estimates about cut offs…wht say if all people who have apllied fr MICA put down their scores…and lets try and figure out an …

Hi guys....and with due respect Gals....

So thru with CAT.......calculated ur scores.......gone thru all the estimates about cut offs.......wht say if all people who have apllied fr MICA put down their scores...and lets try and figure out an approx cut off score fr MICA........strting with me...

Section Attempt Correct Wrong Score

VA/RC: 37 30 7 28.25
QA: 8 6 2 5.50
DI: 15 15 0 15
Total 60 51 9 48.75

Keep posting

hey mohit,

As per IMS opinion, the MICA cut off will lie anywhere between 50-55. But seeing that they predicted 80+ for IIMs,so it mite be lower than this. How much is something that can only be speculated.

Wish u gudluck, u'll make it 😃

Double Post

hey.....every1

C'mon guys post ur scores ...dont u pep wanna know an approx cutoff fr MICA ............................post on!!!!!!!!!

BTW thnx Shiyukta.........so acc to IMS 80 IIMS .....55 MICA................thn if teh cutoff(worldly!!!) is lletss say 60 than MICA cutoff 35......gee thts a bit low i guess it will be near 45...........wht do u say.............neways post ur scores....................................

not calculated my score
attempts-----
va-33
qa-12
di-24

total-69
can get a score of 50(may be)
applied for mica
lets hope for the best
come on guyz post more scores

HI!
My scores are VA/QA 35.25
QA 13.75
DI 14.25
Net 63.5

catalyst

Hey
Grt score there Catalyst.......u r certainly thru fr MICA.......And also 3-4 IIMS call...............ok guys keep posting.................will need more posts to estimate MICA cut off............................

POST ON..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what i feel mica will be around 47-52.
hitashi

hey right Hitaishi even i m thinking about teh same score...............letz see...............btw guys and gals plssssssssss post ur scores .............only people who have applied to MICA...........

hey wherez king and ayesha ...
king was on the IMS board and made me really feel gud for a sec...
95 perc at 50 odd..i really need to talk wid ya man......plz reply if ur here...or may b ayesha...

No playing spoiler here; but fact, MICA cutoffs aren't only percentile dependent.
Its the suave WoRdS that you imparted to your EsSaYs that have a weightage in MuLtIpLeS of 10. Quantize that.. and then it sure makes sense to arrive at a 'cutoff'! :D
Play on :)

A

i started my CAT campaign with MICA in mind... but over the months, i've been exploring other options... so priority-wise, mica is now a back-up.

Essays are important... they help them judge whether you're motivated enough for a specialized course like mica's.

CAT score: arnd 62-65.

All the best everyone... for the MET call.

hi friends
me too applied for mica
my scores

VA-31-25-6-23.50
QA-18-11-7- 9.25
DI-20-17-3-16.25

total 49
i donno whether i will get a call or not

hey apporv u mean to say tht MICA give much more weightage to ur essays thn the CAT score......so this must mean they read all the forms...which would be in thousands ....hectic wrk man.....so i think tht with ur score and ur relevant experience u will sail thruuuuu 😁 ...........grrt
Best of luck......btw did u calculate ur score..........

keeeep posting........

hmmmmmmm...........looks like not many people have applied to MICA... 😁 ..good fr me.. ...........but if u have plssssssssss post ur score...........

looooooks like not many people have applied to MICA so ME guess that MICA cut off would be something in teh range of 45-50..........with due weightages to ur essays.........BTW i mailed MICA people some time back and here's what they had to say.........

Hi Mohit,

Please find the answers to your queries - inserted
below your specific query.

> 1. What is the percentile required to get a call from MICA
> 2. Does MICA look in for sectional cutoffs
yes, MICA takes sectional cut off. The cut off varies
each year depending on the number of applicants to
MICA and their overall performance in CAT. Last
year's cut off were: 75 percentile for Verbal ability
(english), 65 percentile for Quantitative and 75
percentile for reasoning.

> 3. Is special consideration given to pecentile obtained in English section.
Answer above.
> 4. How many students does MICA admit every year in it's PGDCM prog.
MICA takes 60 students for PGPCM each year.
> Thanks for ur valuable time
You are always welcome.

Best Wishes

hey wherez king and ayesha ...
king was on the IMS board and made me really feel gud for a sec...
95 perc at 50 odd..i really need to talk wid ya man......plz reply if ur here...or may b ayesha...

aap ne bulaya to stalker chala aya 😃

yeah i stand with my theory of 95 % at 50 odd .simply becoz many have not given the exam . u can even ask pg, he'll agree to my approximation. pg mentioned single iim calls at 55 provided balanced scores in all sections .so thats about 98-98.5 %. hence 50 will get 95% .

Gary
enjoymohit Says
hey apporv u mean to say tht MICA give much more weightage to ur essays thn the CAT score......so this must mean they read all the forms...which would be in thousands ....hectic wrk man.....

The irony of their maverick procedure is, that at times a net CAT percentile of 75 can get you a MET call, while even a 99.8+ CAT percentile won't guarantee final admission (unlike at the IIMs where even a substantial screwup in the GD/PI at that percentile will procure you a final offer).

Talk to a MICA student, and you'll know that they read everybody's essays above a certain VA section percentile threshold. :)

the best!
A

looks as though not many people have applied to MICA .......or people r not intrstd in finding the cut-off for MICA( with due respect and weightage to ur Essays!!) .......neways PG can u throw some light on what according to would be the cut off's fr MICA............
Thnx.....