Anyone Joining Sauder - UBC, Vancouver, 2008

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has applied/planning to join the Sauder school of Business, University of British Columbia, Vancouver (Canada). Sauder ranks in FT’s top 100 list (and has been consistently coming in the list, past fe…

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has applied/planning to join the Sauder school of Business, University of British Columbia, Vancouver (Canada). Sauder ranks in FT's top 100 list (and has been consistently coming in the list, past few years). The session begins in Aug'08 and it's a 15 months Fulltime program. The total tuition fee is approx 39000 CAD$.

More information can be seen at:
Sauder School of Business | Home Page

I had applied in early December and have an admission offer now. I need to decide on the offer till 31st Mar. Though I don't have many choices and (it's comparing apples to pears) but I have given the interviews for IIT-KGP & IIT-R (which are expected to give results on or after 7th Apr).

Any fellow puys, who applied for/joined Sauder are welcome to share their views, may be we can get in touch. Any other comments are also welcome.

P.S. I shall try to respond to thread on a daily basis, but if not, please try to wait for a day or two.

Best Wishes to all 😃

I am in ...

cool let's meet and decide on accomodation, etc. I have sent you a Pm with my mobile no 😃

me too got an admit...but not yet accepted the offer :crazyeye::crazyeye:

but quite confused. hey guys, can you share something about what all you have found out about the career prospects after Sauder MBA??

Hi all,

Congrats to all of u for the admit..

I've my interview on Monday(21st April) for Sauder..

Kindly share ur interview experiences..

Thanks..

Sorry guys, for not tracking this thread lately. I have opted out of the Sauder MBA, mainly for the reasons of difficulty in securing a loan from the bank.

but I will post my interview and other experience with Sauder soon, for benefit of other students/puys.

Btw, Sauder rocks. If you have no problems in funding, do join the institute.

rohit.088 Says
I am in ...

Hi Friends.
I got an offer from Sauder for MBA.
Guys who are in and planning to get in please get in touch with me.
Lets plan accomodation, pre program courses learning and reporting.
Bye
v2alone2003 Says
Hi Friends,I am from Hyderabad.My name is Syed Munawer.I got an offer from Sauder for MBA.Guys who are in and planning to get in please get in touch with me.Lets plan accomodation, pre program courses learning and reporting.My email id is Thanks.Bye.

hi there
posting of personal info is not allowed on PG
please go thru PG rules and guidelines before posting
Please edit your post and remove personal info
Hi Friends.
I got an offer from Sauder for MBA.
Guys who are in and planning to get in please get in touch with me.
Lets plan accomodation, pre program courses learning and reporting.
Bye

I have PMed you some details. check them out
pg-2007 Says
I have PMed you some details. check them out

Hi guys, congrats for getting admits from sauders ...
Even I am planning to apply to UBC. Can you guys plzz post your profile so that I can get a fair idea about the admission criteria ...

hi guys......
even i am one of intrstd ones........
cngrts to all, who got the admit......
could u pls sum up whole admission journey, so that others can plan accordingly....
my status is at level zero....still nt started the admission process...
but looking forward to 2009 admit...

according to u, what could be strng pts for one to decide for this school ?(cudnt resist to write)

Regards

Guys, if you need any info about the school, PM me. Lately I am too busy to track PG, regularly.

Sauder's a great school, and has one of the most helpful and courteous administrative staff that I have ever seen.

hi guys......
even i am one of intrstd ones........
cngrts to all, who got the admit......
could u pls sum up whole admission journey, so that others can plan accordingly....
my status is at level zero....still nt started the admission process...
but looking forward to 2009 admit...

according to u, what could be strng pts for one to decide for this school ?(cudnt resist to write)

Regards

Goto to sauder.ubc.ca ; entire admission process is mentioned there in detail. There's an online application form (you need to pay appln fee via credit card) and then send official transcripts.

Exact dates would be mentioned on the website. Also note that if you are serious about joining the college, apply for the hostel well in advance, preferably now, irrespective of application submission(Hostel appln fee is $50). Accomodation will be only gauranteed if you apply by November, else u will be put on waiting list.

Reasons to join Sauder would:
(i) 15 month duration
(ii) Quality education at very competitive fee as compared to other international Bschool
(iii) Canadian culture
(iv) Chances of scholarship, if your GMAT score is high

How are the job opportunities right now after passing out from Sauder?

have u done mba from sauder if yes lz share the exp regardswaiting for reply