Anyone going to Rice University???

Anyone going to Rice University-Jones School of Management…??? FT-2006 MBA rankings Global rankings in each speciality from FT rankings: * Best in finance* University of Chicago GSB University of Pennsylvania: Wharton Ne…

Anyone going to Rice University-Jones School of Management..???

FT-2006 MBA rankings
Global rankings in each speciality from FT rankings:

Best in finance**

University of Chicago GSB
University of Pennsylvania: Wharton
New York University: Stern
University of Rochester: Simon
Columbia Business School
Coppead
London Business School
Rice University: Jones
University of Toronto: Rotman
MIT: Sloan

Any takes for that???
I don't prefer FT. Some screwed up ranking. Jones in this list is an odd man out. So, is MIT. MIT is a gud consulting school. period.
The top 5 schools with the exception of Simon i can understand. Any given day H/S will give you a better finance job than any of the others with the exceptions of Wharton/Chicago/Columbia.

The best schools in any discipline will be the ones that show discipline across different ranking hawk machines such as BW, FT, USA News, etc.

Don't go by this alone to make your decision. You can suffer. Nobody is going to buy that list. No body.
I don't prefer FT. Some screwed up ranking. Jones in this list is an odd man out. So, is MIT. MIT is a gud consulting school. period.
The top 5 schools with the exception of Simon i can understand. Any given day H/S will give you a better finance job than any of the others with the exceptions of Wharton/Chicago/Columbia.
The best schools in any discipline will be the ones that show discipline across different ranking hawk machines such as BW, FT, USA News, etc.
Don't go by this alone to make your decision. You can suffer. Nobody is going to buy that list. No body.

Offtopic but couldnt resist. How is MIT the odd man out may I ask? If you have heard of Myron Scholes, Fischer Black (black-scholes pricing option models ring a bell?), or Robert Merton - nobel laureates from MIT. Its a small department at MIT when compared with those at Chicago/Columbia/Wharton but no pushover.
mba05 Says
Offtopic but couldnt resist. How is MIT the odd man out may I ask? If you have heard of Myron Scholes, Fischer Black (black-scholes pricing option models ring a bell?), or Robert Merton - nobel laureates from MIT. Its a small department at MIT when compared with those at Chicago/Columbia/Wharton but no pushover.

MIT does not belong to top 10 in the world in Finance. That is what my point is I can name many people from other schools as well that are not regarded as Finance schools. Jones is way behind so i am not even talking about Jones.

The FT rankings seem to be in congruence with other polls and rankings. Moreover, Rice is a very highly rated university. The facilities are excellent esp for a school that is so young.

HelloMan Says
The FT rankings seem to be in congruence with other polls and rankings. Moreover, Rice is a very highly rated university. The facilities are excellent esp for a school that is so young.
:oha: I thought i was closer to Rice. But, anyways no more :argue: The comparison are anyways subjective. Peace.
kgkid Says
:oha: I thought i was closer to Rice. But, anyways no more :argue: The comparison are anyways subjective. Peace.

PL throw some light on good is RICE Univ I-Banking ????
Azeem