Anyone from Delhi taking GMAT in Jan end/Feb '09?

hey guys, Am planning to take GMAT in Jan end or Feb Begining '09. Anyone who is planning the same? Any advice on which all colleges still accept applications around that time (for '09 sessions)? Also, any advice on how to study fo…

hey guys,

Am planning to take GMAT in Jan end or Feb Begining '09. Anyone who is planning the same?

Any advice on which all colleges still accept applications around that time (for '09 sessions)?

Also, any advice on how to study for SC. I've tried going through Wren and Martin but that seems pretty exhaustive and not to mention pretty tough to follow.

Thanks in advance.

-Sarab

hey i am also planning to take it around that time...(second half of feb)... havent started the preps though ...

from what i've been reading on the forums... i intend to start the prep with OG..

though it'll be a very close call...however, u can take a shot at some European schools - ESADE etc (2nd or 3rd rounds) and some asian ones... HKUST and HKU..

could u share your profile....
um a business studies graduate working in the research and analytics industry.. total workex: 4 yrs by May09.

hey i am taking Gmat in feb as well. probab. 2nd half of feb..havnt started prep yet.

Hey i_am_listening,

am a graduate in Engineering (computers) with a total work ex of 4 yrs this june.

Hi,
This group welcomes all GMAT aspirants from Delhi who target to crack GMAT in 2009.

Working in a group will be a win win

Hi

me too aspiring to write GMAT in march/april 2009......but yet to start d preparations methodically.....yet to arrange materials/coaching.......ne suggestions do pour in

rgds

Hi,
This group welcomes all GMAT aspirants from Delhi who target to crack GMAT in 2009.

Working in a group will be a win win

Sumok,
There is lot of stuff available on internet. wat specific suggestions do u need?

I am thinking about coaching in order to develop regularity. But at the same I think this will eat my self study time. wat do u say about this?

well if u r planning to write gmat in cmng 3-4 months than joining a centre wont eat much of the time as the classes will held on weekends (if u opt for this).........m planning to join a centre....can u suggest the gd one..........PR, Jambr, IMS offering the course

Sumok,
There is lot of stuff available on internet. wat specific suggestions do u need?

I am thinking about coaching in order to develop regularity. But at the same I think this will eat my self study time. wat do u say about this?
I haven't done any research on coaching insts, so I do not have much idea. But what I found from internet is that ********, Princeton, Council for American Education (CAE) and Edstar GMAT Preparation are few known insts
hey guys,

Am planning to take GMAT in Jan end or Feb Begining '09. Anyone who is planning the same?

Any advice on which all colleges still accept applications around that time (for '09 sessions)?

Also, any advice on how to study for SC. I've tried going through Wren and Martin but that seems pretty exhaustive and not to mention pretty tough to follow.

Thanks in advance.

-Sarab

well my advice to u will be not to apply this year
i dont wanna discourage you, but the time arnd which u will be able
to finish gmat is second half of feb, then u need te prep essays and get recommendations.
and generally u need to refine your essays after review from peers
its a very long process.
after that there is funding issue and visa issues not to mention

All in all i am telling you of all the road blocks ahead
and lets suppose u manage to do all the essays and recommendations and able to app and you arre not able to make thru so if u apply next year
there will be another essay waiting for you next year.
"esaay for ppl reapplying"
So it depends on u if u wanna take that risk now

Sorry for this discouaragin post but i just wanted to tell you the reality

Sillyfool

Hi, im retaking GMAT in early March '09, anyone interested in discussing strategies or tough questions can chat with me at:
No bs or unneccesary talks, just solving questions.

Hi, im retaking GMAT in early March '09, anyone interested in discussing strategies or tough questions can chat with me at:

Note:

Sharing of personal info such as email and telephone number is NOT allowed on the forums. Please use Private Message tool for the same.
hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

-Sarab

I have not heard about Wren and Martin. I keep my target limited to cracking GMAT and not to become a knowledge champion. As your exam date is not far, I would suggest to look for tips and traps for SC and a book like OG verbal.