Anyone for UC Davis GSM?

Hey, Is anyone applying or already applied for the UC Davis GSM MBA admissions Fall 2008 ?? -Priya

Hey,

Is anyone applying or already applied for the UC Davis GSM MBA admissions Fall 2008 ??

-Priya

I have applied to GSM UC Davis and today is my interview... 😃

Hey Praveen,

How did the Interview go? Did you apply for R2?

I had my interview long back and i am on waitlist.. whats your profile like?

-Priya

Yes, I had applied for R2. My interview went well. Basically same questions. Career goals and why an MBA and why at this point in time etc. The interview went on only for some 20 odd minutes.

I have about 2.5 years of experience. I am an engineer in Electronics and Communications and I work as a quality negotiator in the semiconductor industry. I am responsible for negotiating the quality of the chips that my company sources from its vendors. I plan to pursue a career in technology marketing or technology management. My GMAT score is 650 which isn't great anyway but given my usual pathetic performance in standardized tests, I am happy with this score. :)

I speak French and German besides English and have a lot of voluntary experience. I was asked questions on these things. I have worked as a part time translator/interpreter while still in undergrad school interpreting in many business meetings and conferences. The interviewer liked this aspect a lot.

What's your score and what's your profile like? Any reason why they wait listed you? UC Davis is competitive I believe but the way the interview went yesterday, I am hopeful of making it. 😃

grt! congrats!

well, i guess the reason that i am short listed is my GMAT score. i have a 640

my profile is kinda similar, i have 2.5 yrs work ex in Wipro and i am an engineer too.
yeah i guess its competitive...neways lets c.....!

Can we talk on Yahoo?
I have something very scandalous to tell you... my ID is praveenu4ia

Hi Priya/Praveen,
Good to find you ppl.

I have also applied @UC Davis Fall 2008 (R2).
My interview call is on feb 28th.

I am also curious to know the scandalous thing, Praveen mentioned :biggrin:

Plz add me too, in ur YMs. My id is [email protected] or send me a mail regarding the same.

My Profile:
Education: B.Tech Comp Engnr(2004 passout)
Work Exp: 3.5yrs in IT (HCL and TCS)
Excellent extra curricular and community service.
GMAT: 690

Hey,

Is anyone applying or already applied for the UC Davis GSM MBA admissions Fall 2008 ??

-Priya

Hi..I am planning to UC Davis for R3,
My profile..
GMAT- 690/5.5
Work Exp: 3.5 yrs in IT, Won 5 awards at work..
Academics: Very good; Won Meritorious student of the year award
Extra curricular; Decent, represented university/State/Company in cricket championships; Won college color for excellent performance in cricket; Contributing money towards Child education through Child Aid Foundation, worked with an NGO during college..

can anyone tell me abt my chances on getting into UC davis. Also, let me know abt the placements, school's reputation amongst other in the bay area..Any idea abt career progression after Davis MBA??

Please reply..
Hi Priya/Praveen,
Good to find you ppl.

I have also applied @UC Davis Fall 2008 (R2).
My interview call is on feb 28th.

I am also curious to know the scandalous thing, Praveen mentioned :biggrin:

Plz add me too, in ur YMs. My id is [email protected] or send me a mail regarding the same.

My Profile:
Education: B.Tech Comp Engnr(2004 passout)
Work Exp: 3.5yrs in IT (HCL and TCS)
Excellent extra curricular and community service.
GMAT: 690

I exchanged some offline messages with Praveen and came to know that the scandalous thing was just a prank by him. lol
Hi..I am planning to UC Davis for R3,
My profile..
GMAT- 690/5.5
Work Exp: 3.5 yrs in IT, Won 5 awards at work..
Academics: Very good; Won Meritorious student of the year award
Extra curricular; Decent, represented university/State/Company in cricket championships; Won college color for excellent performance in cricket; Contributing money towards Child education through Child Aid Foundation, worked with an NGO during college..

can anyone tell me abt my chances on getting into UC davis. Also, let me know abt the placements, school's reputation amongst other in the bay area..Any idea abt career progression after Davis MBA??

Please reply..

Hi Kuldeep,
As per my research, you have good chances to get into UC Davis. But can't say if the diff can come on applying in R3. Well, many things depend upon ur long/short term goals. But i think u should go for it.
About UC Davis school, what i found is that it's one of the cheap and best school in US.
Hi Kuldeep,
As per my research, you have good chances to get into UC Davis. But can't say if the diff can come on applying in R3. Well, many things depend upon ur long/short term goals. But i think u should go for it.
About UC Davis school, what i found is that it's one of the cheap and best school in US.

thanks for the reply ! but one more thing..Do i need to submit TOFEL score. Its given on the website that for those who have there undergrad and post grad in Engilsh (medium of study) TOFEL is not required, but not sure its the case for indians..

Also, my long term goal is to get into business consulting..

Please let me know on these too..

Thanks in advance..
thanks for the reply ! but one more thing..Do i need to submit TOFEL score. Its given on the website that for those who have there undergrad and post grad in Engilsh (medium of study) TOFEL is not required, but not sure its the case for indians..

Also, my long term goal is to get into business consulting..

Please let me know on these too..

Thanks in advance..

Hey Kuldeep,

Good to see you here!

Regarding your TOEFL score, i suggest you just mail the admission committee or just call them up incase they dont reply.

They usually reply and are very helpful with the queries!

All the best .

-Priya
Hey Kuldeep,

Good to see you here!

Regarding your TOEFL score, i suggest you just mail the admission committee or just call them up incase they dont reply.

They usually reply and are very helpful with the queries!

All the best .

-Priya

Thanks Priya !

I'll call them up..
So, did u hear from them after ur interview. Also, can you guys can tell me how good this university will be for MBA. I have heard thats its very good for a few courses, but not very sure abt its credibility for MBA. My brother is in california Oakland for the last 11 years and he actaully encouraged to apply.

So, can you please comment so that i become very sure before applying.
The b-school and course contents looks good from their website, but haven't got chance to talk to any of the currents students or alumni..Please let me know if u talked to anybody..

Thanks again

Hi all,

Just got into UC Davis. They sent me a FedEx packet containing the admission letter and all the relevant documents. I had just one interview and thats all.. They just directly sent me the admission decision by post.

-Prav

Hi all,

Just got into UC Davis. They sent me a FedEx packet containing the admission letter and all the relevant documents. I had just one interview and thats all.. They just directly sent me the admission decision by post.

-Prav

Hey Congrats Praveen!!!
Keep up the Good work 😁
Hi all,

-Prav

Good Job buddy ! Congrats !!

Can you please let me know why did u choose UC Davis ?

i know this a very good universites, but i am just trying to get other people's opinion.

Hi all,

To add to all the celebrations, I have been selected as a UC Davis MBA scholar and offered a $6k (per year) scholarship. I am so delighted!

I chose UC Davis because the school has excellent technology and innovation focus. There are many students who come from the silicon valley companies both in the part time and full time classes. I want to specialize in technology management and technology marketing. So, UC Davis is one of the great schools out there for this.

I didn't have a great GMAT score, but I did have a clear articulation of my career goals and work experience to support it. I have worked hard for my French and German (have been learning them for some 7-8 years). I have involved myself in many business meetings and conferences where I have been the interpreter. I explained this well to the interviewer and she seemed impressed. Because of my linguistics background, I spoke in a neutral accent and she thoroughly liked it. :)

-Prav

Hi all,

To add to all the celebrations, I have been selected as a UC Davis MBA scholar and offered a $6k (per year) scholarship. I am so delighted!

I chose UC Davis because the school has excellent technology and innovation focus. There are many students who come from the silicon valley companies both in the part time and full time classes. I want to specialize in technology management and technology marketing. So, UC Davis is one of the great schools out there for this.

I didn't have a great GMAT score, but I did have a clear articulation of my career goals and work experience to support it. I have worked hard for my French and German (have been learning them for some 7-8 years). I have involved myself in many business meetings and conferences where I have been the interpreter. I explained this well to the interviewer and she seemed impressed. Because of my linguistics background, I spoke in a neutral accent and she thoroughly liked it. :)

-Prav

Hey Praveen !
Can u gimme ur email id and contact number ?? I want to talk you abt UC Davis and other things.

HI All,

Congrats to those who made it to UC Davis. I just got my interview call from them and had a couple of quick questions.
1. Does majority of students applying get a chance at the inetrview (coz my GMAT score was low so wonderin).
2. I have a presentation for a couple of min. Did u have that as part of the interview and what topic did u choose.
3. Any specific questions they ask with respect to your background or jus general stuff like why MBA, why UC Davis, etc.

My GMAT score is 620.. but am in for giving my best shot at it. Have a PGDBA in Bus. Admin and 3 yrs of work exp in management.

Fingers Crossed,
Archana