Anyone for Notre Dame/Indiana/Maryland?

hey guys, am just done with my application process… didnt find any threads covering these 3 universities… Have applied to all 3 and completed a phone interview with Notre Dame… scheduled maryland for the 22nd… it would be gr8 to know o…

hey guys,

am just done with my application process... didnt find any threads covering these 3 universities... Have applied to all 3 and completed a phone interview with Notre Dame.. scheduled maryland for the 22nd... it would be gr8 to know of ppl who are applying or have received admits from the above universities....

My profile:
710/2yrs WE/family business
decent acads and extra curr.

Hi,
Did you schedule your interview to notredame before applying or after applying?

Thanks

Hi,
Did you schedule your interview to notredame before applying or after applying?

Thanks

got an invite to schedule the interview after i applied. Same with Kelley and Maryland. Have scheduled a maryland interview.kelley- yet to.

by MaryLand do you mean Univ of Maryland OR Smith School of Business?

Simpu_21 Says
by MaryLand do you mean Univ of Maryland OR Smith School of Business?

Robert Smith school of business at the University of Maryland...

Does anyone have an idea of how Notre Dame is ? I got an email saying you are selected as a priority candidate and we will waive off your app fee.

Any views ?

Does anyone have an idea of how Notre Dame is ? I got an email saying you are selected as a priority candidate and we will waive off your app fee.

Any views ?

when did you apply and wats ur profile like? why did they give u a fee waiver? have u applied? Notre Dame's good... but the word good is relative... all in all a top 20-30 college..

And for all those who have received an interview invitation from Notre Dame, I have detailed my interview experience below...

called up the college at the schedule time... my interviewer was one Mr Brian Lohr... he made me feel comfortable initially... after a a small informal conversation it was thn time for the serious questions to come out-

1)Tell me wat your company does?
Spoke to him bout the diverse activities am involved in... he seemed quite impressed.

2)Why MBA?
3)Why Notre Dame?( One pt. here... am looking for an entrepreneurship program and did a thorough research on their program and their entrepreneurship center, their clubs and events which seemed to strike the right chord with the interviewer. So i suggest u check out the academic centers related to ur course of study)
4)ND places a lot of emphasis on ethics. Talk us thru an insatance whr u faced an ethical dilemma.( this q is quite common to indian universities. but make no mistake, just like Qs 2 & 3 this is sure shot)
5) Tell us bout an instance whr u demonstrated leadership.
6)Are u involved in any community serving activities?
7)Do u have any questions?( Never say u dnt have any)

tht was more or less it. was pretty satisfied with my interview :satisfie: . the whole process lasted bout 25 min. I did lose connection while speaking to him on SKype but luckily it was when i had asked him a question and he was in between his explanation. for nemore info, lemme know.

All the Best to everyone.

PS:anyone who s completed their Kelley(Indiana) Interview pls post ur interview exp here... have mine scheduled on tuesday. yes, valentine's day, i have a date with Kelley 😃

Dude,

Lets chill here. I have not applied to ND. The admissions personnel there dropped me a mail saying I could avail this opportunity as as I was a priority candidate(Don't ask me how they came to that)

My Profile

1. If you are looking at my GMAT then it is 640. But I am not one of those who gives too much of weightage to GMAT. Just another standardized test.
MBA is much beyond all these things.

2. Two years in IT (Proj Lead)

3. I dunno if 10 and 12th marks matter but here they are
10th - 86%
12th - 89.6%
College - 70% (DCE)

4. Done lots of community service.

5. Research oriented background with patents,publications and national confs. (I am not sure if ND has a clue abt this)

On the whole I do not know where they got my profile from or my email id... but neways it not my job to think abt that too much. I do not say ND is bad but honestly everything here is a relative comparison.

I am still deciding whether to apply or not.

Cheers
Sumit

hi sumit82,

I too got a mail from ND waiving my application fees. I have searched the program and it looks good to me. But not sure i would be applying to it as i already has a admit from Eller (U of Arizona) .

GMAT - 710, Work-ex-2 1/2 years, B.E.-75%, 12th-89.33%, 10th-81%.

I also applied to maryland, my interview was on 2 feb. It was taken by a second year indian student. It was kind of formal chat, ofcourse talking about my present work and future plans. Results would be declared on 15 Feb. Lets see.

Tell me about the other colleges u have applied.

Cheers
Yogesh

hi sumit82,

I too got a mail from ND waiving my application fees. I have searched the program and it looks good to me. But not sure i would be applying to it as i already has a admit from Eller (U of Arizona) .

GMAT - 710, Work-ex-2 1/2 years, B.E.-75%, 12th-89.33%, 10th-81%.

I also applied to maryland, my interview was on 2 feb. It was taken by a second year indian student. It was kind of formal chat, ofcourse talking about my present work and future plans. Results would be declared on 15 Feb. Lets see.

Tell me about the other colleges u have applied.

Cheers
Yogesh

Hi Yogesh,

I have not applied to ND and like you probably would not do that. I am looking at a top B school, not sure if I want to compromise on that.

I have applied to a lot of top bskools.... W/S/Duke/C and so on.... Looking forward to Duke if I can get in there.

At the end of the day it is all abt confidence to make it to the top... be it professionally or to a b skool.

Cheers
Sumit

hi sumit,

You are right about it. Most of the time it requires confidence to excel. I was also thinking of applying to top B-schools but money is a constraint for me right now. So have to look little lower down the order and increase my schol chance.

Best of luck and keep me informed.

Regards
Yogesh

hey guys,

got an admit from Notre Dame... surprisingly within 4 days of my interview... applies on 22nd... interview on 6th and decision on 10th... am a ND MBA fellow... recived almost 50% scholarship... second yr is subject to my maintaning 3.0 GPA... not too sure if ill take it... waiting for cornell emory and ISB...

Hey there,

Had my telephone interview with Maryland last night. The interview went super duper smooth and I am prety confidant I nailed it rt in the head. The lady who interviewed me, a Ms. Kecia, was an absolute pro at taking interviews and really made me feel at ease from the beginning. The tone throughout the duration of the interview was very relaxed and she did a lot of talking as well. anyways for what its worth, here are the interview questions

1) Talk about yourself, your life history.

2) Summarize work ex, why MBA, why now?

3) Why Smith?

4) What major do you want to pursue? why have you decided that?

5) What are some companies you would like to work for post-MBA?

6) Long term goal

7) One work accomplishment you are proud of?

What role do you play in a team setting? What qualities would you like to see in your teammates?

9) What extra-curriculars will you participate in during your MBA?

10) Any questions for me?

so prety much a very straightforward interview. The thing i really liked about the interview was the fact that the lady was really doing her best to bring the best out of me and in presenting me in the best possible light to the ad com.
anyways so thats that. lets see what offer Smith can come up with

cheers

WIsh u all the best
Hope u get thru.

Hey there,

Had my telephone interview with Maryland last night. The interview went super duper smooth and I am prety confidant I nailed it rt in the head. The lady who interviewed me, a Ms. Kecia, was an absolute pro at taking interviews and really made me feel at ease from the beginning. The tone throughout the duration of the interview was very relaxed and she did a lot of talking as well. anyways for what its worth, here are the interview questions

3) Why Smith?

6) Long term goal

What role do you play in a team setting? What qualities would you like to see in your teammates?

so prety much a very straightforward interview. The thing i really liked about the interview was the fact that the lady was really doing her best to bring the best out of me and in presenting me in the best possible light to the ad com.

cheers
Hey there,

3) Why Smith?

6) Long term goal

cheers

All the best rollingstone... ur interview exp will def help me with mine... wat other colleges have u applied?do post ur profile

my indiana phone interview was held yesterday... was interviewed by a student... he started with a not so brief introduction of himself... later, he didnt quite seem interested in anything i said... which kinda frustrated me... i could not direct the interview... he didnt ask me anything bout the work i did... it seemed like he had a pre-fixed set of questions beyond which he would not tread... it lasted just bout 15 mins which p#$%es me off more...
anyways the questions put forth were
1)what does ur company do?
2) why MBA
3) why now and why Kelley?
4)describe an instance whr u have demonstrated leadership?
5)how do u like working in a team... give an example... wat role do u prefer in a team setting
6)wat 3 things bout ur app would u like me to present to the adcom?
7) any questions( am looking for entrereneurial studies... he didnt quite have ne answers to my questions as he said he was from finance dept.)

all in all a pretty dull interview... dunno how i could even presume i have a chance....

Hi guyz,
Best of luck for your results.
I have my Notre Dame interview on 21st. Will update you guyz on that.

Hi guys,

been interviewed with kelley on 21-st, have one with Notre Dame on friday, and got admit from Schulich.

Interviewed with duke & cmu too. eagerly waiting results.

So if any of u have any questions regarding these schools, I will be more than happy to answer.

Regards,
Shailendra

Hi guys,

been interviewed with kelley on 21-st, have one with Notre Dame on friday, and got admit from Schulich.

Interviewed with duke & cmu too. eagerly waiting results.

So if any of u have any questions regarding these schools, I will be more than happy to answer.

Regards,
Shailendra

Hey shailendra,

post in ur profile... and All the Best for ND... Chk out my interview exp if u need help...

I had my maryland interview yesterday... I think i can safely say tht I am 100% sure of an admit thr 😃

was interviewed by an Indian 2nd yr student who also happens to be from bangalore. he started by introducing himself... and thn went on to my work ex... i am involved in three different fields(family business) and also am a film producer. i think the last one impressed him the most. lot of questions on my film. thn followed by my current exp in the hotel and manufacturing industries. Just one of the common questions.. why mba? he didnt ask me why MD either...

at the end of theinterview i glance at the duration on phone display: 54:20. unbelievably long but surprisingly felt like a 20 min interview. all in all a satisfactory interview.
and rollinstone i hope to join u thr 😃 little confused bet ND and MD though

Hi datewithdestiny,

My Profile is:

GMAT: 730; WE: 2 yrs in NGO, 4 yrs in a startup firm.

Non-IITian engg, good acads, lots of extra curricular.

I am not aure about joining Kelley or Mendoza, obviously if get admitted, coz at present Schulich seems to me a better choice. But will see.

Shailendra