Anyone applying to AIM Manila for 16 month MBA starting Aug 2007 session

Hello. Neone applying to AIM Manila for 16 month MBA starting Aug 2007. I wrote AIMAT few days back. Have not yet received Interview call. Neone, who has received an Interview call.

Hello. Neone applying to AIM Manila for 16 month MBA starting Aug 2007. I wrote AIMAT few days back. Have not yet received Interview call. Neone, who has received an Interview call.

Seems no one active here is applying to Asian Institute of Managment, Manila. For the action on this front, I guess I'll have to head for yahogroup only 😞 .

Helo Shekhar,

I am interested for the programme. How was your AIMAT. I plan to write on 22.01.07. I do not have any preparation so far. Wat do u suggest me to do for next 10 days to crack it.
Brief bot me - b.e. mech. nit jamshedpur. 5 and half yrs work ex in L&T; (non it) . presently posted in malaysia. I have one more concern. aim requires one reco from the academic institute. this is hard to get at this juncture. Is there any replacement for that?

shekhar80 Says

Hi Shekhar,

I hv apped to AIM thru GMAT. Spoke to someone in their india office. Looks like the intw calls will be out next week. The gd/pi must be in mid-feb.
Whats yr profile?
My profile IT/3 YRS.
Helo Shekhar,

I am interested for the programme. How was your AIMAT. I plan to write on 22.01.07. I do not have any preparation so far. Wat do u suggest me to do for next 10 days to crack it.
Brief bot me - b.e. mech. nit jamshedpur. 5 and half yrs work ex in L&T; (non it) . presently posted in malaysia. I have one more concern. aim requires one reco from the academic institute. this is hard to get at this juncture. Is there any replacement for that?

Hello KKJha.....
It really felt nice to see ur message. Actually My home town is Jamshedpur only.
For Academic reco u need not worry. I too was in dilemma. I have approx 4.5 years of experience and hence I spoke to Director of AIM Manila's representative in India (Mumbai) explaing my point. He understood and finally I sent two professional recos only. Only thing was that I'd to request him to mail me one extra copy of professional recommendation format.
AIMAT was simple. Do not worry. Just go and crack it. In case you want to prepare for the sake of generating self confidence then in next 10 days try to solve some basic question from each of the sections, RC, DS, PS, DI and critical reasoning.

By the way, from where did you get to know about AIM?
Hi Shekhar,

I hv apped to AIM thru GMAT. Spoke to someone in their india office. Looks like the intw calls will be out next week. The gd/pi must be in mid-feb.
Whats yr profile?
My profile IT/3 YRS.

Hello Txtospore
What is ur GMAT score? When did you submit ur application? I wrote my flexi AIMAT on 5th Jan only, in Mumbai office. There I'd met Mr. Damodar Udyawar and he too was saying that they would intimate us about interview calls by 15-20 Jan.
My profile: 4.5 yrs work Ex in a PSU, average acads (IITG) and good extra currics....
Where else have you applied?

Hi Shekhar,

It indeed is a good news that professional reco can suffice the academic reco.

I will certainly write AIMAT now.
AIM i knew little since my BE time. recently i came to know a lot more about it since i cud connect to a guy who was working in TELCo and presently in aim. his name is Santosh Jha. Things see to improve there as far as placement is concern. But only thing is i have not enquired bot the financing part. The total cost for 16 mons is approx 15L.

Hello Txtospore
What is ur GMAT score? When did you submit ur application? I wrote my flexi AIMAT on 5th Jan only, in Mumbai office. There I'd met Mr. Damodar Udyawar and he too was saying that they would intimate us about interview calls by 15-20 Jan.
My profile: 4.5 yrs work Ex in a PSU, average acads (IITG) and good extra currics....
Where else have you applied?

Man...good to find that IITians are also in race for AIM admission. (pls don say your acads are avg yaar...the IIT brand should speak on itself)
My GMAT score is 660.
Apart from all other things that ppl discuss abt AIM, food for the veggies seems to be a nightmare at Manila. Any clues abt it?

Cheers,
Vamsi
Man...good to find that IITians are also in race for AIM admission. (pls don say your acads are avg yaar...the IIT brand should speak on itself)
My GMAT score is 660.
Apart from all other things that ppl discuss abt AIM, food for the veggies seems to be a nightmare at Manila. Any clues abt it?

Cheers,
Vamsi

Hi Vamsi,
I don't know about others, but I've applied to AIM 'coz its a good college and I've heard only good words about it from everyone (Except of course on placement front 😞 ). The other reason is that I cud not write GMAT in time. I was so very sure of cracking CAT 2006 that I kept postponing it. I'd got 96.8 percentile in CAT 2004 and 97.4 in CAT 2005 without much preparation. This time for the first time I'd prepared seriously and to my horror I got a forgettable 87 😞 . Really disapointed with CAT yaar. It was like a lottery. no method nothing. Bekaar....
Even I'm a vegetarian and am worried on that front. However, If called for interview, I'm planning to schedule it in Manila it self to get a feel of the place and to find first hand answer for such problems. Lets see.

By the way, you didn't tell what other colleges u r trying ?
Hi Shekhar,

It indeed is a good news that professional reco can suffice the academic reco.

I will certainly write AIMAT now.
AIM i knew little since my BE time. recently i came to know a lot more about it since i cud connect to a guy who was working in TELCo and presently in aim. his name is Santosh Jha. Things see to improve there as far as placement is concern. But only thing is i have not enquired bot the financing part. The total cost for 16 mons is approx 15L.

Hi KK...
I guess even I've spoken to the guy u r referring. Or may be its some other Jha, Sanjay Jha (I wonder if all the JHAs are applying to AIM only ), he was with Tata Motors. He was really helpful in clearing umpteen number of doubts in my mind regarding AIM.

Yeah, u r very right about the placement thing. In fact during my visit to AIM Manila's representative office in Mumbai, I got a chance to see the placement data of class of 2007. It looked reasonably good.

u r right the total cost would be around 15 lacs.
Tution fee of $20K ($24K minus $2K + $2K = $4K scholarship that they give to each student in tution fee)
Approx $8K of living expenses and
$2K for air fares and miscellenious expenses

As far as I know, taking a loan up to 15 lacs for foreign study is not a big deal. There are no of banks more than willing to offer it on attractive rates, only hurdle is that they would ask a guaranteer and collateral.

Helo Shekar!

Basically Jha's value quality education in life and if you look at the history, Jha's have seldom valued money. Moreover, they not only apply to AIM but also to all the reputed institutes of the world.

AIM's one and only major concern is the placement - This is true. But what Sanjay told is things are improving and he has never seen a guy without job within 3 months of completion of the course. For IT guys it is more than likely that they get selected in Indian cos infy, wipro, cts.

So lets keep sharing the information about aim. It indeed will be nice if u schedule ur interview in Manila.

Hi Shekhar,

I applied to ISB but got a reject already. 😞 I hv my fingers crossed for AIM and NUS calls.
Man...I would really ask you take the intw in Manila. You can be the torchbearer with firsthand info for all other aspirants.:)

Hi Shekhar,

I applied to ISB but got a reject already. 😞 I hv my fingers crossed for AIM and NUS calls.
Man...I would really ask you take the intw in Manila. You can be the torchbearer with firsthand info for all other aspirants.:)

Hey,
Just now I spoke to Damodar, in Mumbai Rep Office and he said that today he has received interview list for MM program. However, for MBA we'll have to wait for another week ??:
Lets see.
Hey,
Just now I spoke to Damodar, in Mumbai Rep Office and he said that today he has received interview list for MM program. However, for MBA we'll have to wait for another week ??:
Lets see.

Hi,

I recieved an e-mail from the India rep. office saying the same. The shortlist would be out on 22nd Jan., next Monday.

Cheers,
Vamsi.
Hi,

I recieved an e-mail from the India rep. office saying the same. The shortlist would be out on 22nd Jan., next Monday.

Cheers,
Vamsi.

By the way Vamsi,
How do you plan to finance your studies if selected? Have you saved that much in last three and half years or planning to take loan? Have you talked with any bank
By the way Vamsi,
How do you plan to finance your studies if selected? Have you saved that much in last three and half years or planning to take loan? Have you talked with any bank

I am absolutely unplanned on this front.:wow: Not that I hv enuff money, but I guess Indian banks do give a loan upto 15 lacs for studies abroad.
Contingency path: Ask relatives and repay them at a later date.(Hope they'll be kind enough)??:

Hmmm..... even u r in the same boat. Good.... rn't you counting on institute scholarship? Last year they had given ADB scholarship to three indian students. Other than ADB scholarship, Damodar was saying that institute also gives scholarship to approx 10% of incoming batch. Lets see whats in store for us ....

shekhar80 Says
Hmmm..... even u r in the same boat. Good.... rn't you counting on institute scholarship? Last year they had given ADB scholarship to three indian students. Other than ADB scholarship, Damodar was saying that institute also gives scholarship to approx 10% of incoming batch. Lets see whats in store for us ....

Tell me something...do we need to seperately apply for ADB scholarship or is it like we are automatically considered for it when we apply to AIM? 😞 I'm worried bcoz I din apply seperately.

Vamsi
Tell me something...do we need to seperately apply for ADB scholarship or is it like we are automatically considered for it when we apply to AIM? 😞 I'm worried bcoz I din apply seperately.

Vamsi

Even I was worried on this front. But when I asked the same question to Damodar, he told me that we need not apply separately for ADB scholarship or for that matter scholarship sponsored by alumni or Institute. All this is decided by the institute itself and normally goes to top 10% of the incoming batch. All one needs to do is "tick" the appropriate box in the application form against "how do you plan to fund your studies?"