Anyone admitted to Thunderbird

Hi, Anyone with an Admit to Thunderbird from India… or better still from Delhi… do reply and get in touch with me. thanks, mukund

Hi,

Anyone with an Admit to Thunderbird from India... or better still from Delhi... do reply and get in touch with me.

thanks,
mukund

Hi..I am intrested for International Management study at Thunderbird. What is eligibiligy and expenses ?
Hi,

Anyone with an Admit to Thunderbird from India... or better still from Delhi... do reply and get in touch with me.

thanks,
mukund

I am in beginning Fall2006.......... Let me know if you are joining
hydladka Says
I am in beginning Fall2006.......... Let me know if you are joining

Hi Hydladka,
Could you share your profile with the rest of us.
Also, would be good to hear your opinion on TB, and why chose this school.

People often warn about "not so bright" prospects, after a TB MBA 😞 ... mebbe you could shed some light on TB in a better way ?

Thanks
- icy
Hi Hydladka,
Could you share your profile with the rest of us.
Also, would be good to hear your opinion on TB, and why chose this school.

People often warn about "not so bright" prospects, after a TB MBA 😞 ... mebbe you could shed some light on TB in a better way ?

Thanks
- icy

Just to warn you guys
Thunderbird is a not recommended.
do not go there
http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=69556.21&nav;=messages&webtag;=bw-bschools&sr;=y

One of my friend's sister-in-law is still looking for a job after finishing her MBA from TB this year. If you can convince her that TB is great then awesome kudos to you. Don't go there PLEASE.

Hi guys...got an admit from thunderbird today....!!!!

well curious to know who all have made it for the fall 2007 session....pls join this thread and let us explore thunderbird further.....

Hi anu

congrats on the admit! i too have applied to t-bird awaiting the results...
can u tell me whats ur profile, int experience etc....Did u get any schol also....

ankit

Hey Anu,
Congrats a lot on your admit. So, finally the wait is over. It's party time now.

Niitn

hey is thunderbird worth it without a scholarship?? its quite expensive and as said here the polacement can be a problem..so is it worth the risk withoyt a scol??? the reputatuon of the school is good and is ranked no 1 in international business...but the placement worries me a bit...

hey thunderbird apparantly gives scol at 650 gmat...so now the question is it worth the expense without the scol?? its reputation is good..but the placement can be a problem as mentioned here...so any idea whether tbird is worth the risk for int students??

amitchau29 Says
hey thunderbird apparantly gives scol at 650 gmat...so now the question is it worth the expense without the scol?? its reputation is good..but the placement can be a problem as mentioned here...so any idea whether tbird is worth the risk for int students??

no, it's not. they are not recognized nationally in the US. purely international market. if you wanna go to south america, or asia to work, then it's fine...
anjinsan Says
no, it's not. they are not recognized nationally in the US. purely international market. if you wanna go to south america, or asia to work, then it's fine...

Absolutely right! TB has a very strong reputation in Latin America (they have a very reputable degree aimed at Latam professionals which is jointly run with ITESM - Mexico) but I dont think that reputation is shared with other parts of the world.

TB claims to be the #1 Intl. business school in the US (and by extension, the whole world). However, when comparing it with schools such as INSEAD, IMD, LBS and Cambridge - to mention a few - it doesnt stand any comparison in terms of academic quality and networking potential. Said this, it would be softwordy to say it sucks. It doesnt, actually any top 100 school does and TB can rightfully claim to be one.

Fees are a huge issue; in my opinion, the schools MBA is not worth the money you have to pay for it. I guess a US$50,000 for the whole program would be fairer than the aprox. US$80,000 it currently costs. So if anybody gets a US$20,000+ scholarship then it would be fine to consider attending.

Placements are less than average but it is true that most Tbirds end up working in NGOs and civil society orgs. which pay much less than the big consulting firms and global private firms (do not expect Bain & Co, McKinsey and IBM consulting at their job fairs).

At the end, it is also a matter of fit. My main point is that although TB is not a top notch b-school (I would personally rank it alongside Katz and Daniels) it shouldnt be discarded from the global MBA menu. Those of you who have been accepted and feel great about it, then go and start building your very personal and professional path. Best of luck

PGuru

peruvian guru,
lovely reply...i would love to work in Latin america rather than say the US...am an indian..so any chance of getting a job(non Finance/IT...marketing/media/retail/int trade is my interest) in latin america(incl say argentina/uruguay etc) after a Thunderbird MBA???

HI Guys

I got admitted to TBird fall 2008 full time MBA.
If anybody else got an admit, please contact me at 09986009795, [email protected].

Would like to talk and meet all you guys before we can go there. That helps us plan better and share info.

Hi vinaynitj,

Congrats on your admission to Thunderbird. I too have applied to Thunderbird for the fulltime MBA and received a submission confirmation from Maureen on 4th of Jan. Waiting anxiously for a decision as Thunderbird is definitely the school of my choice.

Can you let me know when you submitted your application so that I can get a rough idea as to when I can expect to receive a reply. It will help me a lot as I have to submit acceptances to some other colleges if I know that its going to take another 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks

HI

Though i submitted my application in 3rd week of november, my recommenders sent their LOR forms only in 2nd week of dec and only then my appl became complete and i received my offer on 15th Jan.

So 2nd week dec to 2nd week jan - appr 1 month time.

What is your profile like and where else have you applied and got admits?

Bye
vinay

Hi,

I will have 4 yrs of IT experience by next fall. Presently I am in US. My GMAT score is a modest 650 and have received admission from Bentley college.

What about you ? Also have you received any schol from TBird ?

Thanks,
Subhamay

HI

Congrats for your Bentley admit.
As of now i have admit from tbird and still not heard from them about scholarships. Waiting from other univs too.

To which other univs did you apply to?