Anybody applying for Citibank Assist Loan in USA?

Hi, Is there anyone applying for Education Loan in USA (with a co-signer)? Is the Citibank Assist Education Loan the only option there for international students? Could you please share other options available, if any? Thanks!

Hi,
Is there anyone applying for Education Loan in USA (with a co-signer)?

Is the Citibank Assist Education Loan the only option there for international students? Could you please share other options available, if any?

Thanks!

Hi,
Is there anyone applying for Education Loan in USA (with a co-signer)?

Is the Citibank Assist Education Loan the only option there for international students? Could you please share other options available, if any?

Thanks!

Anybody in the similar situation?

Me too same question...

Some information I pieced together:

1. Wells Fargo has an upper limit of 35K per year max.
  2. Citizen's bank does not process the loan application online unless you have an SSN no. They require you to process a paper application unless you have an SSN or a local no. mentioned on your I20 (apparently from the I20 form)
  3. Citibank online form too requires a compulsory field where you should add your US contact address. The agent on phone suggested using your co-signor's information in this field

It will be great if anybody who has had a better experience processing a US loan can contribute on this thread.

I am also planning on taking a loan and am considering Citibank. I tried filling my US relatives address in my address and they have asked for reference (which is suppose is the co-signer), but my co-signer address and my address cannot be same.
Whoever has gone thru this pls help.

Is it possible for you to add your cosigner's address as your address as well?

I tried doing this and have been able to get an approval on it.

I am also planning on taking a loan and am considering Citibank. I tried filling my US relatives address in my address and they have asked for reference (which is suppose is the co-signer), but my co-signer address and my address cannot be same.
Whoever has gone thru this pls help.

Hey Popper: How did you do this?? I got a message when I tried gng on next page that the address needs to be different. Also they have asked for the period of housing. Which means for how long have u been staying there.
I want to apply to check how much interest rate they offering. Is there any other opion in USA for loans? I have a US co-signer.

For period of housing I mentioned 0 in it. The Citibank agent on phone mentioned this is acceptable, since we are not in the US yet. Also, when you mention '0' in the period field, a new field with previous address opens up. I put my India address in it.

The only other bank I think we (Currently not in US non-US citizens without SSN #) can apply to is Citizens Bank. However, this needs to be done the old way with a hardcopy application. It goes like:
They mail it to you > You complete and mail your to your Cosigner > Cosigner sends the bank. Long process, but I hear that they have the lowest rate among most banks.

Hey Popper: How did you do this?? I got a message when I tried gng on next page that the address needs to be different. Also they have asked for the period of housing. Which means for how long have u been staying there.
I want to apply to check how much interest rate they offering. Is there any other opion in USA for loans? I have a US co-signer.

How do you ask them to mail it to you? Is there some start up form online after which they send the hard copy application form?
Also, at what rate do they offer loans? For how many years? And what is the maximum you can borrow? Ad when do you start paying the loan installments?

For citibank I will try again by putting 0 in the period of housing.

I suggest you call them up between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. EST. You can answer most questions regarding the loan from their website (Private College Loans: Get a Private Education Loan from Citizens Bank | Citizens Bank)

There is now a mandatory application disclosure clause for all US banks that provide loans, and this disclosure document comes with a standard format, helping you compare across loans (sadly, international applicants without an SSN have very few options.)

How do you ask them to mail it to you? Is there some start up form online after which they send the hard copy application form?
Also, at what rate do they offer loans? For how many years? And what is the maximum you can borrow? Ad when do you start paying the loan installments?

For citibank I will try again by putting 0 in the period of housing.

I have documented my experiences trying to process my loan on another thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/loan-options-to-fund-a-us-mba-25052838/2035953

Let's look for more posts that can help us move forward with our loan processing. All the best everybody.

I have put together my experiences with processing a loan to a new thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/loan-options-to-fund-a-us-mba-25052838/2035953

Feel free to add to the thread with your experiences. Will surely help all loan applicants in general if we can sync-up, and even better, have a group of people to lobby for a lower interest rate from a US bank 😃

Thanks for this guys..
Its a real eye-opener.
Has anyone already availed such a loan. If yes, then please share the procedure and how we can start it from India....

Also, how long does it take to process such a loan??

Thanks!!

Apart from Citibank and Citizen Bank any other bank international students can approach for private student loans?? Citibank has high interest rate.

Have you tried in Citizen Bank?
How is it?