Any Queries@SIBM

Hey ppl i guess this might look very early for some of u but i guess every1 shud be clear bout the college they wanna apply to…so i thought of starting this thread anyone having any query regarding SIBM or any general one can feel free t…

Hey ppl i guess this might look very early for some of u but i guess every1 shud be clear bout the college they wanna apply to.....so i thought of starting this thread

anyone having any query regarding SIBM or any general one can feel free to post here

Jatin Pahwa
Class 0f 2007

Hey Jatin,
Thats nice of you to take an initiative in this regards. Me looking fwd to XAT 2006 esp for SIBM . I appeared for XAT 05, minus preps. and obviously screwed up there. It would be great if you could shed some light on how exactly you prep for XAT (all the sections if possible 😃 ) as most of the coaching classes are somewhat 'CAT-centric' as of now.
My backgrnd. BE 2003 mumbai univ. will complete 2 yrs. work-ex in a s/w firm in Mumbai by Nov 2005.
TC.

Hey ppl i guess this might look very early for some of u but i guess every1 shud be clear bout the college they wanna apply to.....so i thought of starting this thread

anyone having any query regarding SIBM or any general one can feel free to post here

Jatin Pahwa
Class 0f 2007

hey there

well i think to crack thru any exam be it xat,cat or anything is to remain calm and have alot of confidence on the hard work u have put in......ours was especially some dramatic times or better winds of change...anyways coming to your question i think u have to be aware this year cos i think there is a word around that SIBM is NOT coming under xat this year round and probably wud be clubbin with SNAP......thats what is the rumour around u need to wait and watch and i think tthe specific statergies changes accordingly........till that time i think u shud maintain ur levles of hard work .

Jatin Pahwa

class of 2007

Actually i wanted to join a class for cat 05 but then somehow i think that i am not capable of iims and would possibly give a cet or snap that would give me an entry into other institutions...
do you recommend that i should join a class for cat or special coaching for cet and snap and so on...?

Actually i wanted to join a class for cat 05 but then somehow i think that i am not capable of iims and would possibly give a cet or snap that would give me an entry into other institutions...
do you recommend that i should join a class for cat or special coaching for cet and snap and so on...?

Hi Nick...Shed that attitude of not making it to the IIM's , nothing is impossible, and in any case, if u aim for the IIM's then u'll def. make it to the other good insti's. As far as SNAP is concerned, pretty much like CAT (score-wise) but the picture is yet not clear totally as it was held just once so far. For CET, I took the test series by Career launcher, really helped me a lot...6 test papers, and 6 take home, pretty much in the same format as CET. I ended up with a 152, 99th rank in Mbai Univ, missed out on JB by 5-6 marks so taking the tests again , and am really keen on the Symbi's (SCMHRD and SIBM)...

Hope I've clarified ur doubts...

what scores is SIBM going to accept(XAT or own test ) for 2006.AS nothing specified on their website.

Jatin Pahwa
Class 0f 2007
Anurag83 Says
what scores is SIBM going to accept(XAT or own test ) for 2006.AS nothing specified on their website.

as i said earlier in my post that rumour is there ...i will suggest that u wait and watch till there first advertisement comes in any of the dailies ...... which i think is due any day now.....plus there is a link that has been created at SIBM site for the students who wanna apply or u can also go at www.sibm.edu and find the link.....

Jatin Pahwa

Jatin Pahwa
Class 0f 2007

Hi everybody
I am an engg working in bangalore. I wish to apply for SNAP-05. Im interested in pursuing my career in telecom management. Hence i wish to apply for SITM. Can someone provide me some info about SNAP, SITM ??
Any gyan about this would be of great help to me.
Thanks in advance !!

Yes unfourtunately SIBM too is going to accept SNAP scores for 2006 .

This is the link for prospective students who want to join SIBM in 2006

A bit of a disappointment really because this takes away the exclusivity of SIBM as a non autonomous Symbiosis institute which offers a recognized MBA degree and clubs it with the other Symbi institutes .

I would have preferred continuing with the XAT as an entrance test.

The SNAP wasnt well conducted last year , there were a lot of complaints regarding the exam process . Lets hope the Symbi authorities do a better job this time.

The one good aspect of this would be a straight fight between SCMHRD and SIBM as to which one among the two is a higher rated institute amongst the aspiring MBA's in 2006. We all know who will win this fight of course 😃

well i think the hue and cry over sibm joining hands with snap is over now and that the final decision has been taken i just wanted to wish all the luck for their snap and i think this year we might see lee mistakes as compared to last year......y cos sibm is here and that brings some level of professionalism.....lol

and hey hope to see hte juniors in the new campus......ciao then

jatin pahwa

hmm well i hope all the guys are preparing well for snap.....hmm the cutoffs qiestion for sibm cant be answered as of now but i think it wud be somewhere clsoe to scmhrd only ....till them atb guys

jatin

Jatin Pahwa
Class 0f 2007

Hi jatin,
thnkz for ur helping hand.
Different ppl haev different views bout SIBM. Can u just clarify the placement scenario out there? In terms of avg and min salary?

hey there

well you can check the site for the official figures......and if u asked that question thinking that these figures are bloated hmm well to an extent they might be but the actual thing is very close to what is being mentioned ....and if that is your criteria for choosing a b-school i think you should expand your scope but i think SIBM has been very consistent in getting good placements.....

Jatin Pahwa
class of 2007

Hi

Rahul here...wud like to knw if tat supreme court rulin' gonna apply this yr or will reservations continue??
Any idea?

Oh great, the one thing I can do well (XAT) is one less of a good institute! Snap as mentioned is crazy unprof test conducting and marking in pen..wtf was that
Would the cut off be higher for SCMHRD or SNAP?

hey therewell i think since its been quite sometime since this thread became active, i think i woulkd bring it back to life........btw best of luck to all and hey you can mail anytime to sibm for your queries

How Can A Nepali Apply At Sibm?

Hi SiBM ppl

1. Can u plz throw some light on mba marcom

2. can we apply for one in one form or we are eligible for both

3. what is the placement of marcom..

4. there is no course called IT/comps in MBA(dual) kya..

5. and is mba marcom fetched IT cos for placement..am an IT Sales guy with 2.5 yrs exp as of now. which course is better for me. in dual only marketing is one which can suit me.. how bout marcom.. plz throw some light

Plz reply as i m 2 minded

Regards
Kamal.

hmm well i hope all the guys are preparing well for snap.....hmm the cutoffs qiestion for sibm cant be answered as of now but i think it wud be somewhere clsoe to scmhrd only ....till them atb guys

jatin

hi,
Wanted to know wat special preparation for SNAP?I m already preparing for CAT