Any James Hadley Chase Fans?

Well, I’ve been reading his books for the past 5 years and nearly done with all of his 89 books :: Just wondering how many pg’s here read Chase novels…mind you it may be ahem ‘pulp’ fiction and frowned upon by MBA Prof’s :: … I’m sure …

Well, I've been reading his books for the past 5 years and nearly done with all of his 89 books

Just wondering how many pg's here read Chase novels...mind you it may be ahem 'pulp' fiction and frowned upon by MBA Prof's ... I'm sure will not fit in "Some books I have read and will recommend'. I got the inspiration to start this thread as I had just finished 'Strictly for Cash', what a book!

Well, I am not qualified to be 'fan' as such but have read four of his novels..
"Chase" novels as they say...

I personally like his slick style...
And of course Cover Pages

I remember going with a friend to a lending library when I was in Class 8 or 9, picking up his books and ogling at the nude women on the covers

am definitely not a Chase fan. somehow, the chill of his mysteries/thrillers never enthused me. plus, a usual irritable ending where everything would go against the poor protagonist didnt endear him to my teenage self.

its a sad comment on my choice of books when i realise that i've read 14 Chase thrillers, more than even Ludlum..though as sujoy says, the blurbs on the cover jacket were usually enticing enough.

No Orchids for Miss Blandish
..his first (& my first read) was hugely disappointing.. & if thats considered his best... :huh:

the only thing i like about Chase are his racy & sometimes entertaining Book titles.. sample gems like "The dead stay dumb" .."goldfish have no hiding place".."You are lonely when you're dead" .."the vulture is a patient bird" .. etc , you'd come to know why i hoped in vain that the next book would be better..gave up after the fourteenth though :wink:

Well, quite a few of his books do have the protagonist trying to unfix the jam he shouldn't have been in the first place. All because of the women :bad-word:

No orchids....was his 1st book, I too did not like it dunno why ppl call it the best. But I think the 14 you have read may have been his worst/fakers who put chase's name on their book(it happened a lot).

Have you read books featuring Tom Lepski/Radnitz/Girland? More than the thriller the one liners like "He was as useful as a fractured arm/ The slap sounded like a .22 going off in close range etc" + American gangsta talk that really got me hooked.

Try reading "Have a nice night/strictly for cash. You will come to appreciate chase at his best!

Nice to see so many fans of James Hadley Chase here.. The only supersite on James Hadley Chase is available at: www.angelfire.com/celeb2/hadleychase/index.htm

Please do visit it and post your valuable comments. A Discussion Board has recently been added to the Site

Cheers!!

PCSARKAR

Nice to see so many fans of James Hadley Chase here.. The only supersite on James Hadley Chase is available at:

Please do visit it and post your valuable comments. A Discussion Board has recently been added to the Site

Cheers!!

PCSARKAR
seems to me that u r advertising here.. it is not allowed in this forum.. please remove the link from ur post..

is this murder fiction??

ILLUMINATUS Says
seems to me that u r advertising here.. it is not allowed in this forum.. please remove the link from ur post..

Advertising?? Please chk the link to find out if I am advertising or not!! Is it a crime to give interesting / informative links so that other members of the Forum can enjoy?? Where are u my friend? Check out other popular Forums / discussion boards to know how they function!! ??:

PCSARKAR

I was referred to this site by a question that I posted on a site asking for free JHC ebooks...and was very happy that after months and months of efforts I did finally got a place where I can download JHC books free...but nothing is available here...i dont know when I will be able to get some of his novels...though I have read almost each one of his available at book shops for thrice each....and still want to re-read them....and am still at loss to get many of his...which I have never laid my eyes on....I do agree with one of the posters here that No Orchids for Miss Blandish is not his best book....you must try reading others like Hit and Run, Shock Treatment, Dead Men tell no tales and so many more which hooked me to him

I was so happy that after years of search I had finally got to a place where I can get free ebooks of JHC....as I was referred by a site where I posted this question...but ALAS all I found was the same old reviews and discussions...I have been reading JHC since I was in Class 8th and have read each of his book (available in hard copy here) for at least thrice and would love to re-read again, but they r mostly out of print here, and to get them from abroad costs the earth....but I know I will never get his books for free in many many years to come.
I do agree with one of the members that No Orchids for Miss Blandish is not his best book...I guess if the worthy member had read Hit and Run, Shock Treatment, Dead Men Tell no Tales...and the like, he would have been in love with JHC....
Living with the hope that I will be abale to read JHC yet once more !!!!

thanks for info

CyberSaint Says
Do check out the above to download JHC books ENJOY

No sharing of copyright material on PG.....Go through the guidelines and do keep them in mind before posting on thread.

hi everybody,
sudhakar is here. iam searching for e-books by James Hadley Chase if any body have those books can u send me
urs
sudhakar...........................THE DICTATOR

HEY CAN U SEND ME E-BOOKS BY JHC TO MY ID [email protected] or [email protected]

can u please tell me where i can download JHC free ebooks

Hey Guys, I have read all the novels by James Hadley Chase, and then all the Erle Stanley Gardner's Perry Mason series. Can't find his AA Fair series. Have all the TV episodes of Perry Mason. Trying to collect Movies based upon JHC novels. Basically, you can categorize JHC novels as Noir, so if you like Noir - you like JHC. Another good mystery/investigative/crime thriller readings would be Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch series)/ John Sanford (Lucas Davenport Prey Series) etc.
You can find all the free ebooks on torrent sites. If you are unable to then, contact me i'd be happy to help
Best.
Aj :-)
infodel (at) gmail

Here's a link to download free ebooks, haven't checked it yet myself, got it from JHC wikipedia.org page so it should be good:-)

http://novelsplanet.blogspot.com/search/label/James%20Hadley%20Chase

Hello everyone!!

Does anybody have such ebooks like "Dead Men tell no tales" or "Shock Treatment" ??

I will be grateful if somebody would send them to me !!

[email protected]
[email protected]

Thank you so much!!!

To Download Complete James Hadley Chase books Collection Go To

JAMES HADLEY CHASE