Any help?? Leeds vs Bradford vs Glasgow MBA 2011

Hi Friends, I need some valuable feedbacks/opinions on selecting an MBA program in UK. I have offers from Leeds, Bradford, Glasgow & Sheffield. Now, I am confused among these which one to choose in terms of better job prospects after my MBA. …

Hi Friends,

I need some valuable feedbacks/opinions on selecting an MBA program in UK. I have offers from Leeds, Bradford, Glasgow & Sheffield. Now, I am confused among these which one to choose in terms of better job prospects after my MBA. So guys i need your valuable inputs on this. It would be great to have inputs on both in terms of quality of study and job prospects. I have about 5 yrs of work experience.

I am already aware of FT/Times/Economists/Guardian/Overall university ranking where these universities are more or less ranked the same if you take overall university ranking glasgow stands out but going with FT ranking Bradford & Leeds ranked at top 100. All these rankings are making me to go around and around searching for other parameters. I am looking forward for more comments based on location, faculty & visibility of the university outside europe, etc.

Any inputs would be really helpful. I need to make a decision in a day or two.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Keerthi, I would suggest to go for Bradford or Leeds. Sheffield and Glasgow are good university too, but the former too are a step ahead.

While comparing the universities, you should also consider the quality of the department and course. MBA from Bradford and Leeds are quite strong as compared to Glasgow and Sheffield. Again the career section should be an important factor.

I too had offers from Sheffield and Glasgow, but eventually chose Bradford. I missed out to apply for Leeds, however I do not regret on that.

Among Leeds and Bradford, I noticed that Leeds will have a better mix of students as you will find much of the crowd in Bradford belongs to Asia and Middle-East. But course wise any of these should be fine.

Also, while applying for bank loan, I personally saw that Credila (Education Loan Division by HDFC bank) referred to the FT rankings to assess the college profile. The same was with one more nationalized bank.

Final call is yours. Wish you all the best.

Hi Keerthi, I would suggest to go for Bradford or Leeds. Sheffield and Glasgow are good university too, but the former too are a step ahead.

While comparing the universities, you should also consider the quality of the department and course. MBA from Bradford and Leeds are quite strong as compared to Glasgow and Sheffield. Again the career section should be an important factor.

I too had offers from Sheffield and Glasgow, but eventually chose Bradford. I missed out to apply for Leeds, however I do not regret on that.

Among Leeds and Bradford, I noticed that Leeds will have a better mix of students as you will find much of the crowd in Bradford belongs to Asia and Middle-East. But course wise any of these should be fine.

Also, while applying for bank loan, I personally saw that Credila (Education Loan Division by HDFC bank) referred to the FT rankings to assess the college profile. The same was with one more nationalized bank.

Final call is yours. Wish you all the best.