any good b schools in blore apart frm iimb?

hi everyone :smiley: i just wanna know what u ppl think of the bschools in blore apart fom numero uno iimb. though blore is the hub of it and can boast of being home to many it giants it cant boast of many a+ institutes for doin mba. any body …

hi everyone
😃 i just wanna know what u ppl think of the bschools in blore apart fom numero uno iimb. though blore is the hub of it and can boast of being home to many it giants it cant boast of many a+ institutes for doin mba. any body out there doin mba frm blore could info plz...

hi everyone
😃 i just wanna know what u ppl think of the bschools in blore apart fom numero uno iimb. though blore is the hub of it and can boast of being home to many it giants it cant boast of many a+ institutes for doin mba. any body out there doin mba frm blore could info plz...

Yup, check out Christ College, Alliance Business Academy and if possible take a sneak into **** while passing by Koramangla.

Just kidding, come on yaar, these colleges are nowhere in the league. Though the first two are reasonably ok. Naukri to mil hi jaayegi. 😁
But if your aim is a good MBA, you need to venture out of Bangalore.

ok.. thanks servo

Servo,
You mean to say **** is worse than Christ College?
I must say I fell for their ads 2 yrs ago.At one point I even contemplated
writing EPAT. :oops: I'm much wiser now.
But I never knew it was this bad.

One of the best - IISC-bangalore

nithin Says

for mba??? u gotta be joking.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

1 of the best MBA insti. u can get.

BTW,
IISc. = Indian Insitute of Science

They have just 30 seats & this year they filled only 12 seats not coz they dint get any applications....coz they dint find the RIGHT candidates.

Never heard any insti. doing the same....amazing

Hmm..... IISC.....Is it more of a techno MBA like the one that you get in
IITs and NITIE?

Hmm..... IISC.....Is it more of a techno MBA like the one that you get in
IITs and NITIE?

sort of.....u need to surf their website.
mik Says

for mba??? u gotta be joking.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

1 of the best MBA insti. u can get.

BTW,
IISc. = Indian Insitute of Science

They have just 30 seats & this year they filled only 12 seats not coz they dint get any applications....coz they dint find the RIGHT candidates.

Never heard any insti. doing the same....amazing

Whats so amazing bout that?
I think it's a disgrace with thousands of ppl aspiring to do an MBA an institute like the IISc spends considerable amount of resourses to startup up a managenment school ,hires faculty conducts the admission process and to do what???,educate a measly 12 ppl a yr?

It would have been better had it invested the same amount of time and resources in cutting edre reasearch,not only is it wasting the resourses of the nation but is also cheating on the 12 ppl who eventually do join up.
one of the most imp thisngs bout an MBA is that u get to learn a lot from your peers u are put inside a pressure cooker environment and then expected to perform against a similar set of ppl having similar career aspirations what sorta learning can take place in which you only have another 11 batchmates?

And this problem dosesnt only exist with IISc only ,in my own coll IITB the SOM takes only bout 40 odd students a yr agreed that they dont wanna comprise on the quality but then what is the use of expending so many resources ;the millions of dollars in the alumni grants .I see the Huge Som building ,the fantastic resources of IITB that it can draw upon ,the unstined Alumni support and it does what ?
Churns out some 50 Managers a yr in a country that requires thousands and where thousands of more aspirants are left high and dry and many more at the mercy of private Money minting institutes.
Agreed that by inc the no of seats they might dilute their quality somewaht but a B school run for 12 students ?? is it a joke?
IF only the Govt aided B schools realize that by taking in some more canidates they might compromise on their own quality but would enhance the overall quality of an Indian B school grad who otherwise would end up getting educated at a dubious private coll...

Partly agree and disagree with that post rajat.
Most colleges start off with a small population for its courses and slowly increase the strength rather than start with a large size. In this regard, i dont see anything wrong in SJMSOM or the way it functions. Its facilities are excellent and students are really good as well. I knw this cos i've been there earlier this year. And moreover, SJMSOM is relatively a very new college. Isnt it kinda similar to IIM Indore n Kozhikode? They didnt start off with a big number either, their intake was just 60 students till sometime back.. And we cannot blame institutes for not meeting the demands of the industry. If facilities were the only criterion required to produce managers, i think the IIMs and the premium schools can alone produce managers by the thousands and the remaining 1000 odd b-schools in the country can wind up. Obviously theres no sense in that.

Regarding another post earlier in the thread which says IISc is the best and amazing, i dont share the same opinion. Kinda weird considering IISc's MBA course is really really old and yet its intake is very low. And moreover, its not a question of selecting the best candidates. When i wrote JMET, i did not apply for IISc but even then i got brochures from IISc asking me to come for the interview stage! So much for people clamouring for admission to the college....

Regards,
Sanjeev Garuda

Partly agree and disagree with that post rajat.
Most colleges start off with a small population for its courses and slowly increase the strength rather than start with a large size. In this regard, i dont see anything wrong in SJMSOM or the way it functions. Its facilities are excellent and students are really good as well. I knw this cos i've been there earlier this year. And moreover, SJMSOM is relatively a very new college. Isnt it kinda similar to IIM Indore n Kozhikode? They didnt start off with a big number either, their intake was just 60 students till sometime back.. And we cannot blame institutes for not meeting the demands of the industry. If facilities were the only criterion required to produce managers, i think the IIMs and the premium schools can alone produce managers by the thousands and the remaining 1000 odd b-schools in the country can wind up. Obviously theres no sense in that.

Regarding another post earlier in the thread which says IISc is the best and amazing, i dont share the same opinion. Kinda weird considering IISc's MBA course is really really old and yet its intake is very low. And moreover, its not a question of selecting the best candidates. When i wrote JMET, i did not apply for IISc but even then i got brochures from IISc asking me to come for the interview stage! So much for people clamouring for admission to the college....

Regards,
Sanjeev Garuda

You may have been right if they indeed were trying to gradually inc their intake I see that happening in the case of the IIMs,but that isin't the case elsewhere ,SJMSOM started 10 yrs a ago and the no of students that it takes in is still what was 10 yrs ago, IIM K did not have its own campus so thats a different story altogether ,but what bout colleges like FMS ,even after 50 yrs of its existence it still takes in 50 odd students and i have yet to hear bout any plans to inc that number.Ditto for Bajaj.
If a coll like IISc cant find 30 eligible students amongst the lakhs of aspirants then it might as well shut down and use its infrastructure for some other purpose.

The thing is, the institutes will increase the strength when they feel that they can maintain the same level of education that they impart. Apart from getting the best candidates available, its also important to consider the training they can impart to the students. Moreover 10 years is not too much time if ur aiming to be a premium B-school and SJMSOM does not have the resources which IIM I or K have to grow rapidly.