Any Disadvantages of Going for Jan Intake in CAN/US

Hi, I am thinking about applying in Jan intake in some Canadian and some US universites? Are there any Advantages or DisAdvantages…of starting an MBA course in Jan ?I have heard that placement divisions of colleges try place students in s…

Hi,
I am thinking about applying in Jan intake in some Canadian and some US universites?
Are there any Advantages or DisAdvantages.....of starting an MBA course in Jan ?I have heard that placement divisions of colleges try place students in sep intake more and they dont work hard enuf to get the Jan intake students placed ?How true is it?

2 primary disavantages:

(a) Aid is low since there are people who joined in the fall session waiting for those grants. And they have a better chance

(b) Campus is closed for a few months in summer hence no on-campus jobs. This would be within few months of your arrival which makes things tough.

Arun

Tx for the info , but apart from that How difficult is it to get a job after doing an MBA from a b school as Jan intake student.Thats wat worries me ?

Simpu_21 Says
Tx for the info , but apart from that How difficult is it to get a job after doing an MBA from a b school as Jan intake student.Thats wat worries me ?

Not too many schools even have a Jan intake. I know Columbia does, but thats a fast track program of 16 months. So no summer internship afaik - which is something to be worried about in case you are a career switcher.

Which school(s) do you have in mind?

Uday

Tx man.......nothing in particular....some cannadian universites.

I was just wondering , if there are any students who have gone for JAN intake in US of Canada.If there are any in this forum could you pls let us know if u faced any difficulty after going in Jan intake.

Can you please tel me whether going for a 1-year MBA in fall 2010 is better or an 1.5 year MBA in spring 2010?Thanks in advance!!I learnt that generally 9months time is lost if we go for spring but I want to go for 1-year program starting fall 2010 because I want to complete my MBA ASAP.Please do guide me.