Another newsletter for MVF - in english !!!!

Hi folks, we have started working on a newsletter in english for MVF. it might go on to a print newsletter too. either going to be quarterly or monthly. the audience is adult, primarily other NGOs, people who are interested in child labour …

Hi folks,

we have started working on a newsletter *in english* for MVF. it might go on to a print newsletter too. either going to be quarterly or monthly. the audience is adult, primarily other NGOs, people who are interested in child labour issues, and people who want to help out. why are we doing this ? because a) its a great way folks can contribute to the CS initiatives even if they are locationally disadvantaged b) MVF wants it c) its in sync with what we do best - spread info

structure of the newsletter kinda boiled down to this after having a talk with Ms. Dipa Sinha from MVF :

1. either an interview of someone from MVF or a self written article about his/her involvement, what MVF means to him/her, how has the experience been in dealing with child labour etc.
2. Activities done in the last month
3. Activities planned for the next month
4. A donor form contacts for where people can send donations
5. An article on child labour/ primary education issues.
6. editorial

i was thinking we shud distribute it on print as well as have a e-version of it, to be mailed to a mailing group of interested subscribers. also, all editions of it wud be archived on the internet site for ppl to download.

2. and 3. we willl get from MVF. for 1, i need to send a questionnaire to be answered by MVF folks. 5 - we need to write a jhakkas article.

immediate action items :
1. come up with questionnaire - shameek
2. content for #2 and #3 - MVF
3. ideas/articles ! - everyone :)

irrespective of ur location, u shud be able to contribute to this. in fact, it would be great if one of us ( uday/praty/mkk/subbu et al ) could do a write up on the teachers training camp. we can add more articles if we have enough content :)

pls chip in with suggestions and help junta !
we HAVE to get a couple of editions out before we get busy with the international conf in november.

hey shameek,
gr8 idea indeed... Well i think we can definitely do this kind of work.. as u said , we can come up with our experience of this trng camp.. indeed its one of the things which has become quite close to my heart in the last one month... its like i want to leave early from the class but my conscience won't just allow me to do that!!its been quite a challenge within n outside....

would like to hear from our esteemed frnds .

regds
mkk

Aha.. I've been waiting for this one 😁 , but again , this will seemingly be limited to what MVF does and the associated child labour issues. When we talk about articles coming in from across cities .. even those articles need to be about Child Labour or Primary Education issues.

Is there anyway the scope of the NL be increased so that more of our junta can become a part of it ?

Allwyn,I feel it would be difficult to address this newsletter to a broader scope as u suggested, its more of a MVF specific thingy - if u are talking about articles on the CS initiatives all over the country, then i think the articles on PG.com portal makes more sense. culling out those same articles to make a newsletter in the push mode ( emailed out ) should be easy. we need to make sure folks at PG get more interested in contributing articles @ PG portal page

good thing u started the thread shameek 😃 yep....like shamz sez, this newsletter is prolly limited only to points pertaining to child labor, child rights and child education...and more so coz it is something that is explicitly for MVF .......a newsletter that is much more broad in scope wud necessarily have to encompass articles on other social issues, activities that our PG folks are involved in in other cities, etc......but mebbe that can be called for once we kick off in cities like delhi, bangalore, kolkata, bhopal,chennai.....once these programs are off the ground, we can pretty well pull in articles/events of the past month (assuming the nl is monthly) and create one.....in the initial stages, we could create a web-only version that could be circulated among a lotta online organizations......prolly later we can get to a print copy......

as for this MVF letter, guess shameek has pretty much given a broad outline of what the letter has to contain......hopefully one of us here can take the time out to key in a good article for the same on the english training program.....

Cheers

uRmad Says
good thing u started the thread shameek 😃 yep....like shamz sez, this newsletter is prolly limited only to points pertaining to child labor, child rights and child education...and more so coz it is something that is explicitly for MVF .......a newsletter that is much more broad in scope wud necessarily have to encompass articles on other social issues, activities that our PG folks are involved in in other cities, etc......but mebbe that can be called for once we kick off in cities like delhi, bangalore, kolkata, bhopal,chennai.....once these programs are off the ground, we can pretty well pull in articles/events of the past month (assuming the nl is monthly) and create one.....in the initial stages, we could create a web-only version that could be circulated among a lotta online organizations......prolly later we can get to a print copy......

Wow.. All in all, We can call ouselves an NGO 😁 😁 😁 FAB!! We sure can work on that slowly & steadily... 😁 😁

Sure, Shams... We all can contribute to the newsletter with articles & suggestions etc etc. For the first NL, guess u have enough stuff.. considering that either subbu or uday will give u a small write up abt the training camp!!

Boy, all this surely feels good.. 😁 Attimes I only feel sad for the remaining ( 8800 - handful ) people who are missing out on something this fulfilling!!! 😐

Anyways... PG CS.. Rock ON!!!!!!!!! :smilecol:

Simbaaaaaa

Prayaas had a similar offer.

5. An article on child labour/ primary education issues.
6. editorial

These are the only things where ppl frm outside hyd can contri?

How about an article on the story of one kid at a time or say the interview of one kid rescued frm child labour - I'm not sure since this mite get quite repititive or it mite not!

How abt having an english/hindi version of our newsletter frm PG CS that we can use @ all NGOs we are workin' with?

PS: Confused Shameek - when did you speak to Ms. Dipa Sinha?

Hey guys, just a few clarifications, or rather just summing up the clarifications:

1. This NL will be the official NL of MVF. So primarily it will be dealing with Child Labor n Child Education.

2. Target: Government Bodies and other NGOs.

3. Distribution: Hard copy a must as the govt officials will not be too comfy with soft-copies. And ofcourse, as shamz pointed out, it will be available on the MVF website for downloads. And once we get the Y! grps rolling for all the MVF volunteers, we can upload a copy of the NL there.

Confused abt this:

The last we guys spoke abt with Mrs Shanta Sinha and Mr Venkat Reddy, they were talking abt a bi-monthly NL. Has that been made into a monthly thing now?

@shamz: so finally Dipa contacted you, hunh? 😛

@uday and deepti, i talked to ms dipa sinha over email.

she was looking at a quarterly newsletter, and we will keep that open, lets first come out with the first edition, and we will find out how difficult it is going to be to get content.

forget about how frequent its going to be - for now, and get me the articles 😁 !!!

thats a very good idea about the kids interview @ deepthi. the "interview" that i mentioned, i actually had something in mind like that, alternating with one of the MVF volunteers and one of the kids.

when am i getting the article on the volunteer training camp ? .. quick quick quick !

i am working on an article on the economics of child labour - if u guys have any pointers on that, please post here !

Subbu, can u please try to see if u can squeeze out a 400-500 word article , very informally written, about the PGCS effort in the training camp ? pls pls pls pls pls ???

There is an article about the PGCS efforts in the training camp. It is scheduled to be put up on our portal in a weeks time.

Hey shamz.....economics of child labor....aha....now, that is something that i guess MVF has proved beyond reasonable doubt that economics isn't the factor that everyone presumes puts children in labor.....Their successes have indeed contradicted quite some past research...... mebbe this might be of help 😃 ....

like allwin mentioned, the article shall be coming up shortly :)

Cheers

Has this effort (english NL)stopped :

Ketan

Has this effort (english NL)stopped :

Ketan

Good question, ketan! Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamz!!!!! Where art thou?

here da maccha .... its proving quite difficult with the huge time difference between a mail sent and the reply received ( to the tune of months ) .. anyone from hyd want to take this up so that u can constantly be in touch with MVF ?

arboreal_tarantula Says
here da maccha .... its proving quite difficult with the huge time difference between a mail sent and the reply received ( to the tune of months ) .. anyone from hyd want to take this up so that u can constantly be in touch with MVF ?

@$#$%#_$)&$^(*#86*&^$#@%$&@#&(

I will PM u Dipa's number.

Uday

Hey all,

Sorry I'm late. Admittedly havnt been on the forums for a while.
Great that the english newsletter has started .... or about to be started
Had a serious handicap with the telugu newsletter... would have taken me longer to read it than it took ppl to write it 😞

Me totally enthu about working for the NL. Just tell me what to do. As long as its writing, me always ready.

Vardhan A.