Analytics Day@NMIMS Bangalore(10th dec 2011)-Invites all B school of Bangalore

Dear All, NMIMS Bangalore is awe-inspired and looking forward to organizing Analytics day on 10th december 2011. We are elated and invite participation from the leading B-Schools of Bangalore.The following events are planned on the Analytics …

Dear All,

NMIMS Bangalore is awe-inspired and looking forward to organizing Analytics day on 10th december 2011. We are elated and invite participation from the leading B-Schools of Bangalore.The following events are planned on the Analytics Day.

Corporate participation:There would be corporate case study presentation by the corporates.

Student participation:We invite applications from all the B school's of bangalore,we hope to have a large scale participation

Guests:CEO's,VP's,AVP's of some of the top companies like HSBC,MU SIGMA,ADITYA BIRLA etc.....

Looking forward to your paricipation.

NMIMS,Bangalore is gearing up for the event and college is buzzing with activities pertaining to the event... This event will give a holistic view of Analytics and will aid B-School students in getting insights pertaining to the event....

Dear All

Please find below the rules:

1. Two case studies will be given through mail to all students before 21st nov - participants can pick any one.
2. Last date of submission is 02nd dec' 2011
3. Deliverable to be submit in Power point presentation of 12-18 slides.
4. Once shortlisted participant team will be given opportunity to present in the front of jury members on the day of event i.e. 10th dec
5. Cash prizes and trophy for Winners, First and second runners up.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

The details about Analytics day has been put up in dare2compete website:

Below is the link:
Analytics Day-Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore-Management-Case Study-Strategy

Friends,

DO you know who all are going to be part of Analytics Day?

Let me list some of them

HSBC
Dell Global head
Kawaii
TCS
Meritus
Mind tree
GMR group
Bosch Sr.
Aditya birla
The Rainman consulting
Mu Sigma
IBM
NSRCEL
Flextronics Manager
Millward Brown
WPP
CARMa Connect
Mind tree
Capgemini
Fidelity investments

List is getting longer day by day

I am really excited about the event because it is going to be unique platform for knowledge sharing

We are getting a good response from corporate world as well as students community for the Analytics day event....

Expecting participation in large nubers....

Waiting eagerly for the event...

So many eminent personalities from corporate coming and sharing their experiences about analytics.. what can be better learning experience than this.

Thank you Academic committee for giving us such a great opportunity...

Wait is getting shorter and shorter with every tick of the clock.....

Preparations are in full swing for the Big event.....

As the event is getting closer and closer,i would like to share few application of busness analytics:

Used in portfoliio analysis:

A common application of business analytics is portfolio analysis. In this, a bank or lending agency has a collection of accounts of varying value and risk. The accounts may differ by the social status (wealthy, middle-class, poor, etc.) of the holder, the geographical location, its net value, and many other factors. The lender must balance the return on the loan with the risk of default for each loan. The question is then how to evaluate the portfolio as a whole.
For instance, the least risk loan may be to the very wealthy, but there are a very limited number of wealthy people. On the other hand there are many poor that can be lent to, but at greater risk. Some balance must be struck that maximizes return and minimizes risk. The analytics solution may combine time series analysis, with many other issues in order to make decisions on when to lend money to these different borrower segments, or decisions on the interest rate charged to members of a portfolio segment to cover any losses among members in that segment.

Marketing sector:

Marketing has evolved from a creative process into a highly data-driven process. Marketing organizations use analytics to determine the outcomes of campaigns or efforts and to guide decisions for investment and consumer targeting. Demographic studies, customer segmentation, conjoint analysis and other techniques allow marketers to use large amounts of consumer purchase, survey and panel data to understand and communicate marketing strategy.
Web analytics allows marketers to collect session-level information about interactions on a website. Those interactions provide the web analytics information systems with the information to track the referrer, search keywords, IP address, and activities of the visitor. With this information, a marketer can improve the marketing campaigns, site creative content, and information architecture.

Source:wikipedia

News:

Business analytics software and services provider SAS today said it has been selected by the Securities and Exchange Board of India as a solutions partner for the market regulator's investigations department.
Comprehensive data integration using SAS data warehousing and business analytics would speed the investigation of suspicious transactions by SEBI and boost investor confidence, SAS said in a statement.

Source:Economic Times

News:

Business analytics software and services provider SAS today said it has been selected by the Securities and Exchange Board of India as a solutions partner for the market regulator's investigations department.
Comprehensive data integration using SAS data warehousing and business analytics would speed the investigation of suspicious transactions by SEBI and boost investor confidence, SAS said in a statement.

Source:Economic Times

True Triple!! We are privileged to have them for the Analytics day... Many of the Business nowadays employ SAS technology for their Analytics and this is one market which is finding aggressive growth currently..

The analytics day event today was a great success.....
There was a healthy participation from the corporates and the illuminaries...
The corporate case studies was a great value addition to our knowledge.....
The illuminaries enlightned us with their knowledge and experiences....

With NMIMS bangalore emerging as winners in the student case presentation.....

I would like to thank all the students who contributed to make this event successful......

Expecting similar kind of events in grand scale in future..........

The event was a grand success..Thanks to all the corporates , college authorities in making this a memorable one.... The session was super thought provoking... It helped audience gain insights in the field of Analytics...

Which specialization is ideal in case one wants to make a career in Business Analytics ?

mdshetye Says
Which specialization is ideal in case one wants to make a career in Business Analytics ?

Analytics serves as a tool for analysing data and it is not restricted to any specific field...Analytics is a very powerful tool to tackle colossal amount of unstructured data it and aids in the decision making process......So no matter whether it is finance, marketing or operations you will find the application of analytics handy...

An awesome event that ws. . .
From Panel discussion to corporate case studies. . .Luminary speeches to Students case presentations. . .
everything ws very enlighting. . .
Enjoyed every bit of it.
A great successful event.

Great Initiative Guys!!!
NMIMS-B is coming up pretty fast and I bet with this year's placement record, it would rise levels higher than SIBM-B.(when are we expecting the interims? :P)
I know that comparison is not permitted here in PG but it is not a comparison but the vision it has set in front of us. Next to IIM-B is coming NMIMS-B when the city is Bangalore.
Oh, I have applied to NMIMS-bangalore..Let's c if i can make it there or not.

Guys i would advise u a strategy.I know that I am ur junior and not even into MBA but i have made some research/analysis with SIBM-B's quick success.The only tricks SIBM-B applied was to reduce the cutoff by just 20 marks from SIBM-Pune and SCMHRD's in the 1st 2 years-they considered quality over quantity and for which some 10-15 seats were not full- and reducing the difference to just 5 in the last and publishing their interim placement report in around Dec-Jan when 50% of their batch was placed.
So, u guys reduce ur cutoffs from NMIMS-Mumbai but not much.
Sorry if i went beyond and said anything wrong.But this was my analysis.

Great Initiative Guys!!!
NMIMS-B is coming up pretty fast and I bet with this year's placement record, it would rise levels higher than SIBM-B.(when are we expecting the interims? :P)
I know that comparison is not permitted here in PG but it is not a comparison but the vision it has set in front of us. Next to IIM-B is coming NMIMS-B when the city is Bangalore.
Oh, I have applied to NMIMS-bangalore..Let's c if i can make it there or not.

Guys i would advise u a strategy.I know that I am ur junior and not even into MBA but i have made some research/analysis with SIBM-B's quick success.The only tricks SIBM-B applied was to reduce the cutoff by just 20 marks from SIBM-Pune and SCMHRD's in the 1st 2 years-they considered quality over quantity and for which some 10-15 seats were not full- and reducing the difference to just 5 in the last and publishing their interim placement report in around Dec-Jan when 50% of their batch was placed.
So, u guys reduce ur cutoffs from NMIMS-Mumbai but not much.
Sorry if i went beyond and said anything wrong.But this was my analysis.

Let us not make any comparison about B-Schools here because it is against Pagalguy policy... With all due respect to every colleges..It is not fair to compare the colleges strategy with one another because each and every college has different policy and it is run by some of the esteemed academicians some of them having their experience in academics exceeding our age so they will be knowing better than us... There is always a scope for improvement in any process....And as we know they will be already working on it....
Thank you for wishing NM-Bangalore good luck...All the best...:thumbsup: