An International MBA - Part 3

Okay, the first 2 articles basically introduced you to a global MBA and gave you little tidbits of what to expect at a B-School abroad. *Logically the next thing you should now is the calendar of events for that ‘Application Game’ and of course th…

Okay, the first 2 articles basically introduced you to a global MBA and gave you little tidbits of what to expect at a B-School abroad. Logically the next thing you should now is the calendar of events for that 'Application Game' and of course the GMAT itself.

ErrWhere do I start?

I really hope you have made up your mind about the GMAT and if you are looking at this calendar, be ready for a wonderful (at times, bumpy!) ride of self-discovery. Tell yourself that 'one year from now you will definitely be in a better position' and that should get you started. A little preparation and some cushion time will help you plan your application cycle without driving yourself and the people around you crazy.

If you are reading this article somewhere in May or June, then you are here at the right time. If it is a little later, hold on tight, it might turn out just fine. I am giving a tentative schedule for the entire season of applying and try to stick onto it if you want to
avoid the last minute hustle-bustle. Let me be a little honest here, I didn't follow this schedule... don't we all learn from our mistakes! 😃

Read more at the portal

Awesome Awesome article indeed Sowmya...The way you've sketched it out so very lucidly is indeed commendable 😃 ....Time you started charging ETS folks for the increased test takers from India 😉 Rock on

Cheers

Way to go ! Soumya .......too good.....I read a comment ....."what to do and how to do ".......really makes sense.....u shud start thinking about penning down a GMAT handbook/guide ......this actually will be a very realistic version as it will written by a person who has been thru the process and knows it all. PG is always there to support u.

Please keep writing and enlighten us thereby.

Godspeed.

thanks for giving a great insight to the whole process. it would definately help all those going in for GMAT. The time lines given are extremely useful.

could you also post some links for the resources for GMAT.

Please keep writing, your articles are really good.

akshat

Great article .This article has made a profound impact on my viewpoint on GMAT,.All these days I have been thinking that doing an MBA overseas is just a fad with not much in it ,as the schools over here in India too are world class,but I suppose I was wrong for the very fact that two years stay over there can bring about a huge change in the attitude towards life!!!.Well I feel GMAT can be a gateway to a world we have never seen before.

The third article was a very important one in this "SIMBA Trilogy " i.e. if you are not planning to come with an another one.The best part of the article I feel was the monthly "Planner " which if followed even by a dilletante like me diligently would help sail thru the GMAT quite easily .

Would also like to know one very important thing ,what are the chances that after doing an MBA abroad I would get a chance to come back and work in and for INDIA?.

Good work .....

Especially the third article ...... Was very informative .... Removed a lot of myths ......

Eagerly awaiting your next article ......

Regards,,,
Shaikh..

could you also post some links for the resources for GMAT.

akshat

Akshat, theres our own forum where there are some major discussions on GMAT. Also, there is Test Magic & GMAT Club.. Google should easily take u there!! 😃 And from there are on, u will be connected to innumerable sources!!

The third article was a very important one in this "SIMBA Trilogy " i.e. if you are not planning to come with an another one.The best part of the article I feel was the monthly "Planner " which if followed even by a dilletante like me diligently would help sail thru the GMAT quite easily .

Would also like to know one very important thing ,what are the chances that after doing an MBA abroad I would get a chance to come back and work in and for INDIA?.

LOL, Trilogy.. Haha.. there are another couple more to come!! 😃 I just hope that rough timetable helps newbies to plan ahead....

Hmmm, interestingly that mm, that is an exercise that u need to undertake on ur own. I am sure the career prospects will be great if you come back after a couple of years but if u come back directly, not really sure how things will work out. Ofcourse Wharton & the likes will def put u well ahead of a lot of people but a freshly-minted MBA from US.. hmmm... some research need to be put in!! 😃

Cheers,
Simba
PS: Subbu, pal... 😉 .. I can start off by charging our very own PG before ETS... Dont ya think so...
Akshat, theres our own forum where there are some major discussions on GMAT. Also, there is Test Magic & GMAT Club.. Google should easily take u there!! 😃 And from there are on, u will be connected to innumerable sources!!

Dont know if u have mentioned them in ur article, but had read on ur blog about 2 books on how to polish ur application and have an edge in ur application. Have also heard lot of gr8 reviews those books.

Wanted to know if any of ur articles would include resources apart from forums which one needs to hae/know so that he can impart on a successful GMAT/MBA journey

P.S - *ahem* i dont think so that ineed to mention that u doing an awesome job .. making a repository of all ur articles on my blog
Dont know if u have mentioned them in ur article, but had read on ur blog about 2 books on how to polish ur application and have an edge in ur application. Have also heard lot of gr8 reviews those books.

Wanted to know if any of ur articles would include resources apart from forums which one needs to hae/know so that he can impart on a successful GMAT/MBA journey

Sorry for the late reply. I might not talk about the resources directly in the articles but we can surely discuss it over the discussions or in my blog!! :)

Simba
Sorry for the late reply. I might not talk about the resources directly in the articles but we can surely discuss it over the discussions or in my blog!! :)

Simba

Can i take that?

Hmmm.. we can have a discussion on that