Amrita School Of Business Batch 2006-08

Hey Guys So Final Calls Are Out They Will Be Posted Soon On The Website Well I Am In Me Shivanku Misra From:lucknow Best Of Luck To U All

Hey Guys So Final Calls Are Out

They Will Be Posted Soon On The Website

Well I Am In

Me Shivanku Misra

Best Of Luck To U All

I am also selected.............and will be joining ASB.......

Mayan R
B.Tech Civil Engg,
Kollam, Kerala

CAT% 95.55

Looking forward to more participation in this thread...........

HI! Cogratatulations all

I m also selected!

Can nybody clarify that is it really not possible to keep laptop in hostel!
if nybody knows about its placement and lifestyle please post

hope 2 c u in ASB

HEARTIEST CONGRATS TO U ALL WHO MADE IT TO AMRITA

for those who cudnt
second list is yet to come

about Placements
average salary is:33,000 per month(CTC)

good companies are coming for the placements

about the laptop thing

ya man u can keep ur laptop
no strict rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
so keep posting
bye
and may god and AMMA bless u

hope to meet u all at 330 acres lush green campus

guys keep posting ur percentile scores also
mine was 94%ile

hello people,
this is sandhya. i have also got it admit in amrita. i have converted icfai hyderabad. i have my tapmi interview on 17th march. i have paid 30k for icfai n now v ve to pay 75k 4 this. i am confused so please help me.

hai this is hemanth
i also got selected for amrita
and sdm too
so in a dilemma
any idea abt usage of cell phones guys

Hi Congratulations on your selections.
In my opinion ICFAI hyderabad will be a better option, but you should also consider the monitery affair.

All the best, hope u make the best choice

FRIENDS
I HAVE GOT THE FOLLOWING CALLS-
1)SDM-IMD-MYSORE
2)AMRITA
3)IRMA
WAITING FOR GIM(I AM HOPEFUL).:grab:
CAN U PLZ SUGGEST WHERE SHOULD I JOIN?
FRIENDS
I HAVE GOT THE FOLLOWING CALLS-
1)SDM-IMD-MYSORE
2)AMRITA
3)IRMA
WAITING FOR GIM(I AM HOPEFUL).:grab:
CAN U PLZ SUGGEST WHERE SHOULD I JOIN?

I think your order of preference should be

1. IRMA
2.GIM
3.AMRITA
4.SDM

IRMA is without doubt way ahead of the other three. So dont waste the chance.
HI! Cogratatulations all

I m also selected!

Can nybody clarify that is it really not possible to keep laptop in hostel!
if nybody knows about its placement and lifestyle please post

hope 2 c u in ASB

u cant use laptops. sure!!!!

hi guyz

myself got into amrita. hope u see at ettimadai
bye

hi I AM selected in the first list.cat percentile 89.65.PLANNING to take admissions in the next couple of days.can anyone tell me hows the weather at ettimadi.is it always cool bec it is near to the hills.i really dont feel like being at a place which is very hot.Also seniors i want to know whether there is laundry facility.it is nowhere mentioned but usually all resedential schools have.it is very imp for lazy people like me.if anyone can answer my queries please reply soon.

Hello frns !

I'm one among the U ppl joining ASB.. My name is Harish i'm from Hyderabad..

I went 2 Coimbatore yesterday n paid fees..
The Campus is a lil away from Coimbatore, its at Ettamadai.. From Coimbatore Railway station we hav 2 catch Bus#:96 n get down at Ettamadai.ticket costs Rs4.50... From main road i.e ettamadai bus stop an autowala takes Rs:25 to take u to kampus.. But Trust me Bus route is biiiiiiiiiiig waste of Money..

Take a local train it will take u to ettamadai at Rs:7 only.. kampus is at a walkable distance from Ettamadai Railway station..

weather:
It is very humid n hot in the summer..we sweat a lot but ppl there said except summers other seasons r very pleasent..

Food:

No Non-Veg Food...

Typikal south Indian food Viz. Rice,curd rice, Dal, Sambar,idli,dosa, Upma, curries cooked in south indian style r served..

Food is oki... Not that great n not that bad too.. :)

U donot get softdrinks i.e pepsi's cola's fenta's sprites.. r not available.. ??:

u get fruit juices lassi n flavoured milks only..:wow:

Ambience :
Campus is very beautiful with hills around.. n very little pollution
Lots of greenary.. with kollege buildings n hostels in pink kolors ..
The ASB Building is also well equipped ..
Library is also good.. Kouldn't see labs due to lack of time..
smoking n drinking not allowed in Kampus.

Faculty n placements:

Faculty Rocks.. The prospectus gives Exact information abt faculty.. n placements.. I spoke 2 some seniors they r Happy abt faculty n most of them are placed... avg salary is around 3.00-3.20 laks..
max is some 6.**lakhs n least is around 2.7 lakhs..

Hostel:

Each person gets a single room but the rooms r small.. They hav a a iron bed, an almirah n a table in that..
Toilets r kommon..
10 bathrooms n 10 toilets in line..They r neat... ppl said these r washed twice in a day..

On the whole i rate Amrita as a decent place to join..Provided U r mentally prepared to lead a little austere life for next 2 yrs

Guyz it will be great if u ppl kan go there n see the things n then konfirm admission... seriously... koz reading a post n experiencing personally r different...

my perception n urs perception may be different... Whats good 4 me may be irritating 4 u... sooooooo.......

All the best...

Harish

hai harish please give me ur cell number

orey my cell num is 9885297732 send me an sms of ur number
i understood u sent me ur num but what i don't understand is where it is displayed

hey maverick thanks for all the information u shared with us.IT IS bad to know weather is very hot but i am glad to know that it is pleasant during the other seasons.MAVERICK I wanted to know if they do have laundry facility out there.pls reply if u know.i know most of the b schools have but since it is not mentioned anywhere i am asking.

Abhinavmenon Says
hey maverick thanks for all the information u shared with us.IT IS bad to know weather is very hot but i am glad to know that it is pleasant during the other seasons.MAVERICK I wanted to know if they do have laundry facility out there.pls reply if u know.i know most of the b schools have but since it is not mentioned anywhere i am asking.

Abhinav...
I got my shirt ironed ... so i guess she will also wash... not sure yaar...
99% toe laundry facilty hota hai .. anyway will konfirm 4 u.. gimme sometime..
what else..? have u paid the fees.. n R u sure abt joining.. Jus dont think abt small things yaar laundry n stuff... i feel paise dene se duniya mae har cheez mil jata hai ......... Guyz it will be great if u ppl kan go there n see the things n then konfirm admission...
all the best..

hi sandhya !

Amrita is very good kollege with an excellent faculty.. Also fees is at a lower end..... Tution fees 95000/year hostel 10,000/ year.. so poora milakar bhi 3 lakhs kross nahi hoga 2 years mae... But ICFAI Hyd is very kostly kompared to Amrita.......

well u have some strict rules.. but trust me thats the way an educational institute shud be.. also qhen i went there n saw things were normal... not that strict aktually.. ppl exagerate things.....

So ultimately its ur decesion..... Hope u tak a wise decesion....

All the Best....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: