amity/fore or infy

i know..i know....one MORE topic about this...and i know it's kinda frustrating...BUT, then, i NEED ur advice...who else can i possibly turn out for genuine and well-informed advice... i am a BE..passed out in 2002...worked in a small firm( no o...

i know..i know....one MORE topic about this...and i know it's kinda frustrating...BUT, then, i NEED ur advice...who else can i possibly turn out for genuine and well-informed advice...
i am a BE..passed out in 2002...worked in a small firm( no one even knows abt it..lol) for about 6 months, from dec,2002 to jun,2003...then left the job for CAT n MAT...got thru fore and amity...but i also got thru infy...
so what do i do know...already deposited 55K at FORE...is it worth leaving that amt to join infy????
please help...and suggest...i am 25...will i be too old to give CAT 2005????????

hey
no one is too old to take CAT ( its not give ..a common error ) . but fore is a pretty decent insti . if u are confident that right now a stint at infy will give ur career the necessary boost then by all means go for it . but then why management ?? is it MBA or stability in professional life u r looking for ? how can one compare the two indices ... they are just so different .
make ur own judgement about the kind of value addition the job or a management course will do to ur long term prospects and then make a decision .

peace

man,

its never too late for a CAT.
I wld say go for Infy, 2-3 year workx n again try for IIM's.

SAJAL

thanks pals...well, now i know that no one can be TOO old to give CAT,...but now the question is....DO I TAKE ADMISSION IN FORE OR AMITY ie..should i go for a management institute,,,or should i go for INFY???
is infy better thn either amity of fore....in any case, can u please tell me which one is better among the two: fore or amity??
since i have deposited 55k at FORE, is it worth goin for infy now??

thanks pals...well, now i know that no one can be TOO old to give CAT,...but now the question is....DO I TAKE ADMISSION IN FORE OR AMITY ie..should i go for a management institute,,,or should i go for INFY???
is infy better thn either amity of fore....in any case, can u please tell me which one is better among the two: fore or amity??
since i have deposited 55k at FORE, is it worth goin for infy now??

Hey Rahul...dood...1st tell us junta..wt was ur percentile in cat this yr..then v can make an objective evaluation on whether u shud leave the infy experience for fore/amity.

Hi Rahul,

Here are 3 qns to ponder over..

1. What are the fees for Amity/Fore ?

2. What is the salary you would expect after passing out from these two ?

3. What is the salary offered by Infosys?

I am not too sure if Amity/fore would add great value to one's job prospects. But work at Infy will not only earn you a decent amount, It will also expose you to things in a professional environment which you may not have seen in a smaller firm. And who knows.. you might like the nature of the career, and decide to stick to it....And after say 1-2 yrs., if you feel you are game enough , you can try for better B schools...

well guys
my CAT percentile is 92... and the salary i'll get at infy is 15K....i dunno about the salary i can expect at re/amity...that's why i'm askin for ur advice..
the fees at fore is 3.65(excluding hostel), at amity it is about 5.3-5.4(including hostel)...
so guys, what to do....should i foresake 55K i paid at FORE???
in any case, which is better, FORE or AMITY???

I say go for Fore/Amity...if u wanna do an MBA...not disouraging u in anyway..but if u work and after 2 yrs can make that count and b in a gud b school...among the top 10...then its ok..otherwise my advice wud b to go for the MBA...Remember u wud b getting less time for preparation in a job...so its difficult...not impossible but difficult to prepare.
Also as u said tht u r already 25...so my advice wud b to go 4 an MBA if u really want it
Hope this helps!

thnks a lot cat-veteran... well, anyone of u have got any idea about the salary pckg i can expect to get from fore and amity after 2 years(being a fresher)... i think i can expect roundabout 25k if i m at infosys for 2 years... so just comapring
in any case, cat-veteran and the others, u haven't said which one is better, amity or fore???

thnks a lot cat-veteran... well, anyone of u have got any idea about the salary pckg i can expect to get from fore and amity after 2 years(being a fresher)... i think i can expect roundabout 25k if i m at infosys for 2 years... so just comapring
in any case, cat-veteran and the others, u haven't said which one is better, amity or fore???

Hi Rahul,

Hope u found something useful in us Junta's comments! 😁
Yaar abt Fore/Amity...I don't have a lot of info..but I think you should get the info abt the placements frm some insiders and then only decide.
Also I think tht the job opportunities 4 u cud be more diverse after an MBA.
Think of Infy if u can make do without MBA(going onsite etc etc) or mayb fight it out after a couple of yrs...
But otherwise depending upon the better placements and the cos which visit the campus,you make up your mind.
You can chk out coolavenues.com....and also businessworldindia.com for rankings and info.

Rgds,
Ankur

Hey Rahul I've bn sailing n the same boat as U...... But I left ICFAI Hyderabad....and decided 2 Join Infy!!!!!!!!!

well, hungamaguy...are u REALLY sailing on the same boat as i m...i mean,how old r u? dyu have any exp or r a fresher?
in any case, hngamaguy, u must be knowing about which one is the better of the two: amity n fore....n dyu have any idea about the REALISTIC pckg they offer?

well, i wanted to share this info with u guys...check this site:
http://www.jammag.com/careers/articles/mbacorner/preparingmba/04studentssay.htm

man, what they've written here has actually set me off balance, now i'm even more confused...look ou for these lines:
The Amitys and the Fores of the world cater to that fraternity who want to do an MBA but dont believe in written tests, interviews to put it crudely the bade baap ke bete-beti of Delhi. (A Fore guy whos joined as a management trainee in my organisation drives to work in a Honda City...).
GOD..now what...i'd also checked on this site: http://www.indiabschools.com/
MAN, plese help me out...i'm as confused as ever....

common yaar....i NEED ur advice..hungamaguy,cat veteran,shrijitp,sajju.mbaaspirant and the others...what dyu say guys////ANY idea about the REALISTIC salary i MIGHT be offered at fore/amity...and which is better of the two?

Hi,
It seems u have already made up ur mind on joining either of the two B-schools and planning to leave Infy.
But being from the IT industry I can advise u not to let go of Infy for Fore or Amity or whatever(they are not Tier1 or Tier-2 instis).
Ur vision at this moment is very narrowed down may be due to lack of exposure.
Though Infy has started losing its image bcoz of mass recruitment and stuff...but still I wud suggest u take up the job. It wud gve u the relevant exposure, a scope to interact with brilliant (and not-so-brilliant) guys who will help develop ur vision and perspective towards ur career, towards CAT and B-schools for that matter.
Amity or Fore is not going to give u any headstart...but Infy wud definitely do..
specially with the IT industry really brightening up....may be u will forget abt CAT altogether or may think only abt IIMs and XLs after a year.
Think big!!!

Cheers,
Sandy

Hi rahul .. where did u graduated from what abt your acads ... not much relevent but .. may have a little effect on ur decision.

any other thing abt your back ground ....
as a prelimanary view i personally dont feel that FORE/Amity have many Engg students .. but answer the above questions then .. only we can have reasonings.

maybe u guys are right abt the exposure thng...about my prsnl info, i m from jorhat(assam)...i did my schooling from central school (90%), my hs too from Ctrl schl (78%), my engg. from jorhat engg collg (73%)...that's it....i was in delhi from june 2003 to apr 2004....
so guys, dyu think i should give these 2 schools a miss for INFY.....well, sandipan, i haven't made up my mind on anything...i'll do so ONLY after a thorough consideration , and advice from u guys...
I TOTALLY DEPEND UPON YOUR ADVICE, MATES...so help me out...

join infy......

Amity is not worth that kind of money...(even if money is not a factor for u)

Fore .....well if u r hell bent on doing mba go for it otherwise financially
both choices are more or less same infact infy might give u something big... a bigger opportunity....to excel in the sw line

join infy....

thx

Hey,
Personally i think you should stick with infy :
This depends a lot more on the drawbacks of Fore/Amity then the merit of Infosys (Only grt thing abt infy is that TRUCKLOADS of guys make it to top B-Scholls from there 😃 )

Like shrijit said :

Placements :

Fore and Amity,both claim to have 100% placements but the majority of them will notpay you more than 25k....definetly! Now suppose that if you take a bank loan 4 your MBA from Fore/Amity it will be hard to pay back the emi's!

Both of the institutes are private and are meant to cater to HIGH-END people ( not necessarily intellectually but economically 😃 ) trying to maintain a decent level of education.....i have been to Fore coupleof times and its more of a Social CLUB than a blueblooded BSchool...but its a lot of fun if you leave out acads:)

Also Fore has a better name than amity,atleast...3-4 yrs back dunno how but made a decent place in almost all bschool rankings...

Education :

like i said,its all heresay but its definetly not rigorous etc...dont excepta world of learning until you are GOD kind of guy...

Fore VS infy :

Staying in infy will give you a good kind of work experience ...it surely would be different that the startup you were in earlier....you will also get a chance to take CAT again...and even if you have to go to Fore etc later its much better if you are armed with some decent workex...or even the 25k job may seem elusive...

in the end,take up infy and get along the cat crowd there....you really have a chance next year then...

all the best
Mohit