Americahalli Mba Ranking

For desis heading to Americahalli. This is from BW forum: Ha here’s what is in terms of business school rankings: *Tier 1 (The Standard) * 1.1 HBS (Gold Standard) - Without a doubt, HBS stands out from the rest of the pack. HBS at…

For desis heading to Americahalli.
This is from BW forum:

Ha here's what is in terms of business school rankings:

Tier 1 (The Standard)
1.1 HBS (Gold Standard) - Without a doubt, HBS stands out from the rest of the pack. HBS attracts the cream of the cream of the cream of the crop. The Harvard name carries so much weight not just in this country, but around the world. HBS also values ethics more highly than other business schools, as evidenced by HBSs outright rejection of all HBS applicants involved in the "hacking" incident.

I would also add that for guys, being associated with Harvard is a powerful chick magnet. Being a good-looking guy, I've always been successful with the ladies since grade school. Thus, I have never needed the Harvard name to get women. However, from my not-so-good-looking HBS male classmates, I have been told that being associated with Harvard can be a panty dropper. I am friends with this one not-so-good-looking HBS classmate who graduated from a no-name regional podunk college. Recently, he revealed to me that he once had problems getting women to even notice him. However, that all changed after he got accepted to HBS. Simply put, his whole life changed. Hotties who once wouldnt give him their time of day now are all over him as soon as he discretely drops the Harvard name.

1.2 Stanford (Silver) - Stanford is a good school which temporarily reached the top of the rankings during the dotcom boom. However, as the dotcom companies went bust, so did Stanford's edge in terms of attracting talent. The problem with Stanford is that it is one-dimensional. It serves mostly the Northern California tech/VC sector. For instance, a close inspection of Stanford GSB's brochure will reveal that very few Stanford GSB students go into banking. The bottom line is this: notwithstanding personal reasons, if one was in a position to choose between attending HBS or attending Stanford GSB, one should definitely choose to HBS. If you want to do VC, go to HBS. If you want to do VC and are intimidated by the case method, then please go to Stanford.

1.3 Wharton (Bronze) Honestly, I just wasn't impressed with Wharton's facility. Moreover, the people I met there were some of the biggest a$$holes I've ever met in my life. There are lots of ex-bankers and banker-wannabes at Wharton, which may explain the high a$$hole ratio at that school. I noticed that most Wharton students are insecure about their school. I will also note that West Philly is a crappy place to live; even two years in Philly is just too much. (By the way, the best way to put down a UPenn student is to tell him/her what a great year the football team had and what a good job Paterno is doing.)

Tier 2 (Solid but not exceptional)
In no particular order.

Columbia - Columbia's facility is just plain old and badly needs renovation. It's located in Spanish Harlem, which speaks for itself. While a good school, there is nothing remarkable about Columbia. A few college friends of mine who now attend Columbia Business School have commented that the faculty at Columbia is second rate. Nonetheless, I do believe that Columbia is a viable option for someone who loves New York and who was rejected by Tier 1 schools.

Chicago - Chicago GSB is located in Hyde Park (middle of nowhere) in the gritty parts of Chicago. I was most impressed Chicago GSB's new facility, the Hyde Park Center. I loved the large flat-screen TVs in the study rooms. I sat in two lectures and gauged Chicago GSB professors to be top-notch. Furthermore, contrary to the reputation, I saw very few geeks during my visit. Nonetheless, the biggest issue I have with Chicago GSB is that it has become a diploma factory. This had led to brand dilution of the Chicago name. In addition to the full-time program, Chicago has an EMBA program, an Evening Program, an International Program, and a Weekend Program. These second-rate programs have minimal admissions standard and serve as cash cows for the school. I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago GSB offers an online program in the near future, so that anyone who comes up with $80,000 in tuition money can also get an MBA from Chicago GSB. I could foresee Chicago knocking out Phoenix University as the premier online MBA program.

Kellogg Kellogg is another Chicago-area school. From my school visit, I was impressed with the friendliness of the students. I must say, however, that the Kellogg students I met during my visit weren't the brightest folks. Nonetheless and more importantly, I should note that of all the business schools I visited, Kellogg by far has the hottest babes. During my school visit, I hooked up a blond first-year hottie (solid 9.9 out of 10) from Kelloggs TG event. After the event, we hung out at a local bar, Bar Louie. She took me back to her apartment, and we had an enjoyable one night stand. Typical of Kellogg women I met there, she was gorgeous but dumb as a rock. The smartest thing that came out of her mouth that night was my *&k.; I would also add that based on my observation, in order for one to be accepted at Kellogg, one has to be very good looking. I was accepted, but graciously declined the offer.

MIT Sloan - Sloan students = HBS rejects. Although I didn't see any Sloanie with a pocket protector, I saw more than a few nerds with coke-bottle glasses. Some of these geeks attend classes here at HBS and secretly wish that they attended HBS. 'Nuff said.

Third Tier Toilets (Haas, Dartmouth, Duke, Michigan, Yale, NYU, UVA, Carnegie Mellon, UCLA, and Cornhell)

I didn't bother applying to these schools. In my opinion, attending these schools is a risky proposition. There's no guaranteed $$$ upon graduation.

Fourth Tier (all other schools not mentioned)
Anyone who attends fourth tier schools on a full-time basis needs his/her head checked. After two years, you will receive a piece of paper --called a diploma-- that is worth nothing more than expensive toilet paper.

Hope this helps!

Funny post. The American point of view.

its very un-American - the author has a big fat ego and talks about sexual exploits - claims Michigan is not worth..geez - these guys are not good teammates in any situation

Ha Ha... really a Funny post...but agree with puhrince the author does have a a big fat ego.....n it is very American

A stupid Point of view..... since when the Michigans, Yales, NYUs, Dartmouths of the world became Third Tier Toilets ... the guy who wrote this is not in his senses.....

Azeem

A stupid Point of view..... since when the Michigans, Yales, NYUs, Dartmouths of the world became Third Tier Toilets ... the guy who wrote this is not in his senses.....

Azeem

Azeem seth
relax, its just a fun post.
if u r going to one of those third tier toilets (per post).. good luck

Cheers and enjoy

a post from an arrogant HBS admit (aka Mr. Masala Dosa). Calling Tuck as toilet 3rd tier! Masala Dosa I dunno your stats but you sure got the right Harvard attitude of looking down at other schools. You would fit right in at HBS. :)Congrats on HBS admit and good luck.

senapati Says
a post from an arrogant HBS admit (aka Mr. Masala Dosa). Calling Tuck as toilet 3rd tier! Masala Dosa I dunno your stats but you sure got the right Harvard attitude of looking down at other schools. You would fit right in at HBS. :)Congrats on HBS admit and good luck.

senapatiji, i dont think that it was Mr. Masala Dosa who authored that post... says its from BW forum... just a copy n paste from it... but it was funny though....
srikrishnan Says
senapatiji, i dont think that it was Mr. Masala Dosa who authored that post... says its from BW forum... just a copy n paste from it... but it was funny though....

Thanks Senapatiji for making me a HBS admit:):)
hihihi
As Srikrishnan said: " the article was copy from BW forum" Search for post titled " Utlimate Ranking"
I wanted readers to extract humor out of it
Cheers mates

I couldn't stop myself from replying to this post...
First.. thanks to "Masala Dosa" for 'smartly' posting the material.

To throw some "Gyaan" to newbies... (so that they don't get misled)
HBS/Stanford/Wharton/Kellogg/Tuck/Columbia/Chicago/MIT = Tier I (Ultra-Elite)
Haas/NYU/Tepper/Johnson/Michigan/UCLA/Duke/Yale/Darden = Tier II (Elite)
And to think that Tier II is easy would be a BIG mistake...

That was just a funny post by some American in BW forum. I guess he is correct to the extent that HBS is the numero uno and no one will ever consider anything else if s/he has HBS. Harvard is the biggest brand name in education. Our Amartya Sen is a faculty at Harvard. Anyways, enjoy one more funny post by our Shashi Tharoor -
http://www.shashitharoor.com/articles/hindu/class-struggle.php

........Anyways, enjoy one more funny post by our Shashi Tharoor -
http://www.shashitharoor.com/articles/hindu/class-struggle.php

Dude, that article was just too good...:)

@chandler:
thanks for that fantastic post.

shashi Tharoor rocks man.

@ Masala Dosa:
cool man. Masala dosa you are best & congrats since you could grab that post before the moderation commitee of BW forums.

now just think of that arrogant rat who s stuffed up here too ...what have been happened to him on theat original forum.

well, Authority ( mods) edited that post now. so the original now exclusively available only at PG