Ambiguity in MICA admissions screening irks applicants

Ambiguity in MICA admissions screening irks applicants Has Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad violated its AICTE certification? Applicants to the 2006-08 PGDCM course were astounded on Thursday to find that MICA had scree…

Ambiguity in MICA admissions screening irks applicants

Has Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad violated its AICTE certification?

Applicants to the 2006-08 PGDCM course were astounded on Thursday to find that MICA had screened in students with CAT and XAT percentiles between 90 and 95 but many with higher scores were left out, giving way to speculations that sectional scores were used in the process.

Read More

Good to see this matter being taken up by Pagalguy.com

Of course, there have been many irregularities in other exams like IIFT, SNAP etc this year so maybe we can pursue that next year if the MICA precedent serves students well.

Ignore this post...!
mica is wierd.i got 91ile in xat wit 98.61in vrbal nd 89 in cat wit 99.71 in vrbl. applid 2 mica thru xat.got no call nd all thru da yr v wer tld mica givs prfrnce 2 vrbl score.som of my frnds wit 89ile got call.whts going on.......

ppl wit low %ile(no offence meant) who got mica calls.plz can u post ur score.i wnt 2 c where i goofd up

I highly doubt the genuineness of the shortlisting process of MICA. There are ppl who got above 95 percentiles, with outstanding extra curriculars, experience and even high sectionals being left out. And some of those who made it have low sectionals. The crieterion they used is still unknown. MICA should come forward and disclose its process. Many are disappointed and angry with the results.

I think %ile discussion can be done in the Other Exams forum.

And as Chuck has said, MICA has acted very shoddily over the whole admissions process. It's about time that B-schools in India factor in some accountability and professionalism while the admissions process is on

Oops... ignore this post...

According tio AICTE norms a college is bound to disclose their selction criteria to the applicants. It is this "profile based calls" that is a bit confusing and brings on ambiguity. I liked the idea of IMI who declared their criteria along with the result. i think every college should follow suit.
Nothing against MICA cos its not the only insti to have acted like this.

i think that we should get the media involved!
aicte needs to be informed!

I told u so...

Sorry for that smiley which I know is a bit outta place n mood...

But I'v always maintained that these B Schools who try to ape the West by sendng profile based calls need to take a hike...MICA, SCM, SPJ n so many others...N now u have this so called God B School "XLRI" sending additional calls..HA... to all these inst.

Best way to avoid such things...Send out calls that r strictly merit based...JB, MDI etc r so good that way...

Nonetheless kudos to PG n Co. for takin this up...Chances r high that none may actually come outta this, but what the heck...Lets do what v CAN...!!

Thanks for the article PG and Apurv. Most importantly thanks for taking it up at the right time. By seeing the answers given my Mr Tandon, all i can say is this the kind of stuff the IIM's produce? Where are the so called ethics being preached at IIM's? Mr Tandon is a IIM graduate and i honestly expected better answers than that. On what basis is he saying that he is not violated AICTE rules? It is clear for everyone to see that the information given in the "Mandatory AICTE disclosure" has been completely contradicted. I sincerely hope that AICTE looks into this matter. I dont know if it is possible, but can you guys (i.e Pagalguy forum) get the AICTE attention into this, and ask them what they think about this. I dont think the usual way of mailing AICTE is ever going to work after all it is a beuracratic organization and has to be shaken up to take notice. Some example has to be set. How long do we allow such things to get away? I believe MICA has atleast made up anything between 5-10 lakhs (exactly how much only MICA can tell) by this unethical act of theirs and that is big money.

i think that we should get the media involved!
aicte needs to be informed!

I think we too are a part of the Media.

@live_n_let_live,
This is the 1st time we are taking on a BSchool. Lets see where this finally lands 😃

What really irks me the most is this blatant way in which they try to rake in money. First they extend their form submission dates to atleast one month after the CAT results are out, all the while proclaiming that there will be no sectional cut offs. Then the whole criteria goes for a toss when the results are declared. Applicants be damned. If this isnt isnt cheating i dont know wat is.

nik, i hope you got my PM.

Please reply.
ChUcK

nik, i hope you got my PM.

Please reply.
ChUcK

I have received a number of PM,s
I wil reply but only if you put in on the forum. Like always, just a few things:
1) No symathy please. I am not SAD or SORRY that i have no call
2) About the pa-gal\ Divya\ Deval issue, dont give me emotional reasons. So i am going to stick to my stand until I am proven wrong by producing substantial facts.
3) I am not against any individual, but the whole unethical process of MICA
4) So no replys to PM, if you have something to say about the issue, get it in the open.

i am so happy that PG is taking the initiative to project a united front to the B-school community. the truth is sporadic cases (and also not-so-sporadic cases) happen year after year but nothing gets done cuz they flare up and eventually die down in isolation.

but using PG's enormous member base and loyalty to gain leverage into a more accountable equation with the B-schools is very heartening. this is what justifies PG's cult-like following. it isn't a mere discussion forum. it's a community.

I have received a number of PM,s
I wil reply but only if you put in on the forum. Like always, just a few things:
1) No symathy please. I am not SAD or SORRY that i have no call
2) About the pa-gal\ Divya\ Deval issue, dont give me emotional reasons. So i am going to stick to my stand until I am proven wrong by producing substantial facts.
3) I am not against any individual, but the whole unethical process of MICA
4) So no replys to PM, if you have something to say about the issue, get it in the open.

Point noted. sorry. let's get back to the main issue at hand.

Sorry for diversion, mod...

ChUcK

B.O.L Anil:thumbsup: ...Hopefully u guys, or rather all of us...Wld get somethn outta this...:)

@live_n_let_live,
This is the 1st time we are taking on a BSchool. Lets see where this finally lands :)