Alternative career path post MBA? - Try out a course in Analytics

In the last 3-5 years there has been an explosion in the jobs in Analytics. To provide adequate training and coaching, we now have a long list of institutes which run courses on Analytics. So which course works best? My take is ‘it depends’ . It…

sir,i have completed BE in mechanical in 2009 from sinhgad college,later that went for MBA in finance ang now done with it..but the college was nt that much good for placement...so i didnt get it..no i admire my mistake not to get admitted to top buisness school...so while going for off campus placement i am getting lot more trouble as finance+mechanical combination....so advice me a proper career path...

@pankajishpunyani

sir,i have completed BE in mechanical in 2009 from sinhgad college,later that went for MBA in finance ang now done with it..but the college was nt that much good for placement...so i didnt get it..no i admire my mistake not to get admitted to top buisness school...so while going for off campus placement i am getting lot more trouble as finance+mechanical combination....so advice me a proper career path...

Is Analytics the right career for you ? 5 points that help you decide

So you want to work with an IBM, HP, Accenture, Genpact etc. in the latest field of 'Analytics' or 'Data Science' and you want to be absolutely sure if this is the career for you ? Check out these 5 questions that you should answer to make this decision .( If you have a YES for 3 out of these 5 questions and an OK for 2, then Analytics is a viable the career option for you .)

1. Do you believe that data should be the basis of all decisions?

2. Do you like to constantly learn new stuff?

3. Do you like to interpret outcomes and then track it to see if your recommendations were right?

4. Are you ready to go back to a text book and brush up / pick up concepts of maths and statistics ?

5. Do you like debating and logical thinking?

Do check your answers to the questions above . If you have a YES for 3 out of these 5 questions and an OK for 2, then Analytics is a viable the career option for you . Welcome to the world of Analytics !!

I hope this has provided you some clarity on Analytics. Please feel free to contact me for any query or discussion at [email protected] , 9731107798.