Alliance Business Academy Jan 2009 Admissions

Hi Puys I am starting this new thread since I do not find any relevant info about ABA bangalore admissions in d upcoming JAN 09 session. I would like to know how is ABS different from ABA? I appeared for MAT sep 08 n have got a compos…

Hi Puys

I am starting this new thread since I do not find any relevant info about ABA bangalore admissions in d upcoming JAN 09 session.

I would like to know how is ABS different from ABA? I appeared for MAT sep 08 n have got a composite score of 82%ile with 64%ile in english n i have total full time work ex of 33 months in one of the reputed international BPOs, 6 months as a caller and 27 months as an HR executive

I have got an invitation to apply in ABS for JAN 09 batch. My academic background is as follows:-

10th ICSE 74%
12th CBSE 87.2%
BCOM Hons 55%
I have got excellent comm n presentation skills.....
Do i stand any chance? n where is d GDPI held? IS ABA AICTE approved? I do not find any option of applying for MBA (BU) under d online form, it has d option of only PGPM?
If i apply for jan 09 batch wen n where will d selection process take place???????
puys plz help m really really confused!!!!!!!!!!
regards
Dimple

Hi

IS there anyone who is applying for PGPM in jan 09 batch?
Seniors plz help as to when the selection procedure takes place if i apply for jan 09 batch. Is it worth joining the Jan 09 batch n how about the placements?

Repli is eagerly awaited.........

hi,
u have got invitation letter so read it properly. each nd every information is there.
u have got 55% in graduation. keep in mid before applying for abs. they ask for 60% nd above in graduation.
all the best.

@poonam

I have 33 months of work ex so will be considered.......
I wud like to share d mail that i received from Surekha Shetty (Manager - Admissions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your mail.
ALLIANCE invites only those candidates who:
1. Have a consistent scholastic record (minimum 60% in X, XII and graduation)
2. Have a high score in an all-India aptitude test (minimum 80%).
3. The requirement of 60% throughout may be relaxed in the case of candidates having a minimum of 2 years full-time, relevant, post-education experience
Good wishes,
Surekha Shetty
Manager - Admissions
ALLIANCE
19th Cross, 7th Main
BTM II Stage, N. S. Palya
Bangalore - 560 076
Tel.: 080 26681444 / 26680324
Mobile: 98451 17152
www.absindia.org

Seniors let there be some light on this thread plz..........

Dimple.2007 Says
Seniors let there be some light on this thread plz..........

""Let here be lights""
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/alliance-business-acadamy-2008-10-batch-25027377

i Believe almost all general queries have been answered there..

Any ways, if you have any thing in specific to ask, i will always try to give the latest and clearest picture.

all the best for CAT exmas to all you aspirants.
Regards:
Nishant Kr.

Hi ,

I have 56 % in BE , 1.5 yrs work ex in Software testing services company which is not well known .

Do u think i stand a chance to get a call if i clear the cut off
i have 82 in mat

Sorry !!

I have posted the mail i received from d Manager - Admissions. I dont think dey will deviate from that......

However u can call up d admissions office n check for urself...... d no.s r mentioned in d above post

If you would mention the college code in preference list, n if you clear the cut off, u will definitely receive a call from ABS. If u havnt got a call than no worries, u can apply online n send a DD worth 1000/- to ABS. But before doing that make sure u have 80%+ in MAT, 60% + in 10th 12th n grad. (in case of 2 yrs plus full time work ex u get a rebate on the 2nd clause).

So ru applying for Jan 09 batch?
hi....
want to apply fr the PGP Jan2009 course....
but i appeared fr MAT in Dec 2007 and in CAT 2007....
Can i apply using these scores??
If yes what r my chance, with...
CAT score- 82%ile
MAT dec2007- 95.5%ile with 98.5%ile in eng.
10th - 72%
12th - 62%
BCA - 64%
no work ex.... :sad:
any hopes???:innocent:
thanxx.

Hey Sharang
Honestly speaking I have no clues about whether they accept the scores of last year or not :innocent:. Instead of waiting here for a senior to help, do shoot a mail to the admissions office, u can also speak to the admissions manager directly. For details of the no. n e-mail ID check my previous posts.
I hv applied for it n will be appearing for intervw in Dec, hope to cu dere. tkcre

Thanxx Dimple....I'll mail them.
nd Best of Luck fr ur interveiw:gunsmilie:
I hope ill b dere too:innocent:
tkcare

@sharang
c as u know dat ur mat score is valid for a year only therfor if the selection procedure is in the validity period... i guess there shall b no probs from the institute side... for better confirmation u can talk to surekha mam....

@granite
I hd mailed them......i ws told dat theyll accept the scores of exams taken after May 2008. So no hopes fr me :frown:..
bt i ws also told that i can apply nd appear fr the Dec MAT....theyll somehow delay my application........bt i dont know hows dat possible wen the course is starting in Jan..nd the Dec MAT scores will be declared around Jan

@granite
I hd mailed them......i ws told dat theyll accept the scores of exams taken after May 2008. So no hopes fr me :frown:..
bt i ws also told that i can apply nd appear fr the Dec MAT....theyll somehow delay my application........bt i dont know hows dat possible wen the course is starting in Jan..nd the Dec MAT scores will be declared around Jan

in that case if you have already applied for alliance, then what institute will do is that they will consider your application for the next batch which will start in august... now it has a dual advantage to you.... that you can apply for both mba n pgpm which u wud not have been able to do that this time... so don't worry give ur mat exam...get a decent percentile... 90 above will b good enuf...n sit for the selection process in march... i thing i m able to solve ur prob.

Thanxx Granite:bigups:
can u tell me one more thing...
will my 72% in 10th, 62 in 12th nd 64 in BCA,without any workx, be enough for Alliance even if I get 95+%ile in MAT??:innocent:
Thanx again.

Thanxx Granite:bigups:
can u tell me one more thing...
will my 72% in 10th, 62 in 12th nd 64 in BCA,without any workx, be enough for Alliance even if I get 95+%ile in MAT??:innocent:
Thanx again.

well ur score is on the borderline of the cutoffs..??:but u can compensate it by giving ur best in extempores nd in the first round of d procedure...also percentile of 96 n above is must for u to get in alliance.. start working hard...