Alliance Business Acadamy 2008-10 batch

hi… i am starting this thread for all those who are interested in getting admission to ABA-Bangalore… it’s a request to all the seniors of ABA and ABS to plz come forward and guide us through… my score is 96.6%tile in MAT with 65.6…

hi..
i am starting this thread for all those who are interested in getting admission to ABA-Bangalore...

it's a request to all the seniors of ABA and ABS to plz come forward and guide us through..

my score is 96.6%tile in MAT with 65.6 in Language Comprehension...
my scores are:
10th-85.6%
12th-73.33%
BCA- 71.5%

with many co-carricular activities...including theater, rock band, debatics and others...

do i hve any chance..
regards:
nishant

hi..
i am starting this thread for all those who are interested in getting admission to ABA-Bangalore...

it's a request to all the seniors of ABA and ABS to plz come forward and guide us through..

my score is 96.6%tile in MAT with 65.6 in Language Comprehension...
my scores are:
10th-85.6%
12th-73.33%
BCA- 71.5%

with many co-carricular activities...including theater, rock band, debatics and others...

do i hve any chance..
regards:
nishant

You stand a fairly good chance.
You need to perform well on the day of selection.
Good Luck !

hi
i m hopin a senior of alliance business wud kindly reply to my query
i gave d dec 2,07 mat n got a percentile of 95.93
my 12th marks 80.4
10th marks 91.2
was d head girl,editor of school news paper n captain of the house...
convenor of colg debatin soc n activ member of d zoology soc n correspondent of colg news paper
m a zoology hons grad frm gargi colg,du...overall grad score 60.7%
wat r my chances?
d pgpm prog related to flint univ of michigan is dat btr or d mba in business studies?
wats d scenario wid placements??????
awaitin a reply....

hi
i m hopin a senior of alliance business wud kindly reply to my query
i gave d dec 2,07 mat n got a percentile of 95.93
my 12th marks 80.4
10th marks 91.2
was d head girl,editor of school news paper n captain of the house...
convenor of colg debatin soc n activ member of d zoology soc n correspondent of colg news paper
m a zoology hons grad frm gargi colg,du...overall grad score 60.7%
wat r my chances?
d pgpm prog related to flint univ of michigan is dat btr or d mba in business studies?
wats d scenario wid placements??????
awaitin a reply....

Hi,
You have a very good profile. You have a fairly good chance at Alliance as far as academics are concerned. But you need to perform superbly on the day of selection.
PGDM and MBA at Alliance are both good. I cannot compare and tell you which one is better. I will let you know some facts and you decide yourself.
MBA is a degree and it is recognized by AICTE.
PGDM is a diploma, PGDM is accredited by International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), USA
MBA will make you eligible to apply for Ph.D if you want to study further.
PGDM is run by the college so the college has full control on the course, the syllabus of PGDM is regularly updated, which is not possible in MBA as we get the degree from Bangalore University.
MBA has the advantage of being a degree, PGDM has the advantage of updated syllabus.
Faculty for both the courses are very very good.
Its the quality of student that matters at Alliance and not the degree or diploma.Students from both MBA and PGDM are given equal opportunities in placements. Ultimately it is the performance of the student and not the course that matters.
I would say that both the courses are equally good. Placements are same for both, as students of MBA and PGDM sit together for placements.
Placements at Alliance are pretty good. The average CTC is 6+ lacs.

Man this is URGENT...!! will Alliance accept Sept - MAT Scores???:

hey everyone i have few queries,plz help moi out

1 wht is the flagship course of alliance- PGDBMor MBA????

2 does alliance take profile into consideration while giving out cals.if yes then wht chance do i have with this profile

MAT 99.82% eng 96.17%

X 83.83
XII 68.40
BBA(grad) 66.10

decent extra curriculars

7 months work exp(till 31st dec)- assistant marketing/sales.

awaitin reply
Sachit

Hi Piyush & Niyati,
My mat dec %ile is 97.32 & i have 3 yrs of work ex at wipro bpo. Everything makes me eligible to apply for the MBA program at alliance EXCEPT the fact that my academic record is not 60+ in 10th and graduation.
However i would like to know whether that makes me "ineligible" or not, because the website says that students with 60+ in X,XII & graduation are "encouraged". Surely, i know it will be a disadvantage but it does not make me ineligible....or does it. Please help. CAN I STILL APPLY TO ALLIANCE.......

PS: my language score is 99.89 %ile

thanks for such a prompt reply.
cud u please also tell me mre abt d placements specially about d mba degree programme and the highest salary package for the same last year.
i wud be very obliged....thanx a lot.
merry xmas
:-)

heyy as far as i can tell u(m nt an alliance pass out) but last year wen i was still doin my graduation i had applied for alliance but coz my percentage for d two year was a little less dan 60(58.8 actlly) n i did not get accepted even after complyin wid d erst of d requirements.
i even called at alliance to ask wdr dere was ne hope but day point blankly said dat for us academics are very important so we are sorry!!
m sorry to giv u ds news...

well my december MAT percentile is ~98 with 99.99 in english.
have 60+ throughout school and college...did my schooling abroad and have many certificates for debates, dramas, quizzes, sports, etc...graduated from Delhi University...have a couple of certificates for inter-college competitions...(debates, paper presentations, etc)...do you think I have a chance??

the application form at :: Welcome to Alliance Business Academy :: is for MBA...how do we apply to the PGDM programme?

Hi arpita, I guess your scrap was a reply to my questions. Thanks yaar, I thought so because last year even i was there at alliance selection procedure but i was able to make it till the last round (interview), there the president of ABA while taking the interview said that i am "good" but he is concerned whether i will be able to handle the academic rigour of the PGP program. After the interview results were declared , my name was there in the waiting list. Thats y i was asking whether this year they straightaway reject people having below 60% or do they give them a chance........i guess worse things are in store for me this year.

hey everyone i have few queries,plz help moi out

1 wht is the flagship course of alliance- PGDBMor MBA????

2 does alliance take profile into consideration while giving out cals.if yes then wht chance do i have with this profile

MAT 99.82% eng 96.17%

X 83.83
XII 68.40
BBA(grad) 66.10

decent extra curriculars

7 months work exp(till 31st dec)- assistant marketing/sales.

awaitin reply
Sachit

PGDM is the flagship course at Alliance.
Alliance does NOT consider profile while giving calls
However it DOES CONSIDER profile on the day of selection.
You have a pretty decent profile.
Rest all depends on your performance on the day of selection
Good Luck !
sharmanitesh7 Says
Man this is URGENT...!! will Alliance accept Sept - MAT Scores???:

Alliance does accept September MAT scores.
Apply ASAP:
Hi Piyush & Niyati,
My mat dec %ile is 97.32 & i have 3 yrs of work ex at wipro bpo. Everything makes me eligible to apply for the MBA program at alliance EXCEPT the fact that my academic record is not 60+ in 10th and graduation.
However i would like to know whether that makes me "ineligible" or not, because the website says that students with 60+ in X,XII & graduation are "encouraged". Surely, i know it will be a disadvantage but it does not make me ineligible....or does it. Please help. CAN I STILL APPLY TO ALLIANCE.......

PS: my language score is 99.89 %ile

U need to have a percentage of 60% and above to be eligible to apply at Alliance.
But if you have work experience of 2 years or more AFTER YOUR GRADUATION then you ARE ELIGIBLE to apply at Alliance even though if you dont have a 60%.
NOTE: Students who dont have work experience of minimum 2 years after their graduation are not eligible to apply at Alliance if they do not have 60% throughout their education.

Alliance accepts September, December and February MAT scores.

well my december MAT percentile is ~98 with 99.99 in english.
have 60+ throughout school and college...did my schooling abroad and have many certificates for debates, dramas, quizzes, sports, etc...graduated from Delhi University...have a couple of certificates for inter-college competitions...(debates, paper presentations, etc)...do you think I have a chance??

the application form at :: Welcome to Alliance Business Academy :: is for MBA...how do we apply to the PGDM programme?

You do stand a good chance. You need to perform really well on the day of selection.
To apply at alliance, fill up the application form and submit it to Alliance Business Academy Bangalore along with a xerox of your certificates and mat score.
thanks for such a prompt reply.
cud u please also tell me mre abt d placements specially about d mba degree programme and the highest salary package for the same last year.
i wud be very obliged....thanx a lot.
merry xmas
:-)

Placements are same for PGDM and MBA as students of both the course sit together for placements.
The highest placement this year was 11 lacs by TATA MOTORS .

hi..
i called up today at alliance and Mrs. Surekha told me that they will dispatch the call letters by 5th of JAN and Admission procedure will take place on 1st and 2nd march..

and i really appriciate UNO.PIYUSH for his pain sticking endeavors to take some time out of his busy schedule and guiding us on the right track..
kudos to you...
any special tip you would like to give us:::

and for friends who are to fill the form..lets know each other...meeting a stranger at the time of admission and meeting someone you are familiar with brings a great change in your confidence level....

i am not sure how many of you think n this way but if you think this idea is good, do reply me...
regards::
nishant