All You Wanted to Know About JBIMS Admissions 2008

Puys, now that CET is done with and so is MAT/ATMA and all the other exams, all of you must be gearing up for the next hurdle that is the GD/PI process followed up by the choice of Institute to pursue your MBA from. This thread will try to answ…

Puys, now that CET is done with and so is MAT/ATMA and all the other exams, all of you must be gearing up for the next hurdle that is the GD/PI process followed up by the choice of Institute to pursue your MBA from.
This thread will try to answer all your queries about Jamnalal Bajaj Institute Of Management Studies (JBIMS), the admission procedure, the culture, placements etc...
I hope this will go a long way in helping you all to make a better decision about the College you want to pursue your MBA from. So go ahead and shoot your queries...........

( Will try to reply to all your posts but keeping in mind the hectic schedule at a B School please be patient if your post is not answered. We will try our best to answer all your queries as and when possible)

Thread being moved to CET section so that it gets the right attention.

@All......All the best.

Hi,
Would seem like a stupid Q to you but I am unaware so asking it hope you dont mind :)
What are the no of seats for the open category and are any waitlists put up?
If so what is the highes number in the waitlist that gets a confirm seat?

thank you

Hi,
Would seem like a stupid Q to you but I am unaware so asking it hope you dont mind :)

thank you

Well that depends on the category of student you belong to. For OMS(Outside Maharashtra Students) 15 % seats are there (18 out of 120) till last year. But this time these seats have been opened up for the Mumbai candidates also. All the 18 seats are OPEN seats with no reservation as such.
If u belong to the Mumbai Quota , then there is 70 % quota i.e around 72 seats for you. For the Mumbai quota seats there is a WL also and it gets filled up in the subsequent Admission(CAP) rounds conducted by DTE.

But for the All India Quota seats(OMS) uptill last year there isn't any relevance of WL because All the seats are generally filled up in the first round itself.

Hey!! Heard somewhere that the cut-off for the home university students (i.e. Mumbai University) is higher than other Maharashtra Universities.... Is that really true???!!!

sonal2112 Says
Hey!! Heard somewhere that the cut-off for the home university students (i.e. Mumbai University) is higher than other Maharashtra Universities.... Is that really true???!!!

Well that is not entirely true. Last year the cutoff for Mumbai candidates after CAP-I was 166 marks and that of Maharashtra Univ was also 166. Even if it differs it is only +/- 1 marks or so .
Hi,

thank you

Shekhar i'll tell u the exact no of seats in jbims for each category :

Open Category Home Univ Mumbai : 38
Open Category Other Univ : 9

OBC Home Univ Mumbai : 16
OBC Other Univ:3

SC Home Univ : 11
SC Other Univ : 2

ST Home Univ : 6
ST Other Univ : 1

NT Other Univ :7
NT Other Univ : 2

VJ Home Univ : 2
VJ Other Univ: 1

OMS : 18 (This yr Maharashtra Candidates can be alloted seat from here if they submit all india score)

Physically Handicapped : 4
sonal2112 Says

Sonal, wht u have heard is perfectly right !! However for the top colleges it is 1-3 marks difference and as we go lower the difference becomes more prominent
boywonder82 Says
Sonal, wht u have heard is perfectly right !! However for the top colleges it is 1-3 marks difference and as we go lower the difference becomes more prominent

Yes , and because there is so much competition and you lose or get seats on the basis of even 1 marks it is imperative to score good marks in GD/PI stage.
Thats why it makes sense to prepare well for the GD/PI process also. You should be aiming for atleast 28/29 in the GD/Pi out of 34. People generally tend to give more importance to CET and post that don't prepare well for the GD?PI process.
And in the end this 1 marks can be the difference between u and JB......

hi.. I wanted to know how are people shortlisted after CET marks are out, for gd/pi ?
There are different gd/pi rounds for each college..??
if cet marks are considered for shortlisting, then what min marks does one need 2 get, for gd/pi for jbims?

hi.. I wanted to know how are people shortlisted after CET marks are out, for gd/pi ?
if cet marks are considered for shortlisting, then what min marks does one need 2 get, for gd/pi for jbims?

Hi Khyati,
Peiople are not shortlisted for GD-Pi through there CET marks. Here everyone is allowed to take part in GD-PI process. And after it is over than a cumulative score of CET+GD+PI+PAR+WE is out. And according to your rank a college is alloted a per your preference.
No separate GD-PI rounds for different colleges. You only need to appear once for GD-PI.
This year expected overall cutoff for JB could be around 175. But again this is a speculation by some institutes. So you cannot completely rely on it. Better start preparing for Gd-PI and do your best in this round.

There is no shortlisting khyati ! Tht is the best part of cet ! no different gd pi rounds of each college ! no minimum marks as such but yes ideal scores!! the ideal written scores for top colleges are on our orkut community
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=40568507

hi..
this might not be an app place for my query but i think u guys can help me out..
please lemme know i fall under which category.
i have done my education in mumbai till X.
after that i have been outside maharashtra.
my parents are settled in mumbai for the last 25 years..
will i be an outside mah candi or mah candi other uni..
how many seats for guys like me..??:
thanks.
ankush.

Really good thread seniors...
I'm new to this CET .. so want to know about GD-PI...
What are the topics usually given for GD? and how long it is? how is PI? is it about your acads? work ex? or general MBA? can you please give some pointers as where to start from?
Thnx in advance..

Really good thread seniors...
I'm new to this CET .. so want to know about GD-PI...
What are the topics usually given for GD? and how long it is? how is PI? is it about your acads? work ex? or general MBA? can you please give some pointers as where to start from?
Thnx in advance..

Topics for Gd includes current affairs mostly. The GD is held for 20 mins. The batch consists of 12 people but mostly not all of them appear. Expect approx 10 people in GD. Before appearing for GD-PI you need to fill a form at the center itself. And the PI mainly revolves around this form. They also do ask several other common questions that are asked in any other B-school interview.
I would say start collecting facts and figures.

Here is the link of CET Gd-Pi experiences of puys last year:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cet-2007-exclusive-for-gd-pi-experiences-only-25023125
hi..
this might not be an app place for my query but i think u guys can help me out..
please lemme know i fall under which category.
i have done my education in mumbai till X.
after that i have been outside maharashtra.
my parents are settled in mumbai for the last 25 years..
will i be an outside mah candi or mah candi other uni..
how many seats for guys like me..??:
thanks.
ankush.

Ankush , if u satisy any of the criteria mentioned below u become a mah state candidate ! either u or either of ur parents should be domiciled in maharashtra, or either of ur parents should be employee of govt of maharashtra or either of ur parents should be employee of govt of india and posted in maharahstra !

I dunno bout other things , since ur parents have been here for 25 yrs its easy to get a domicile for them! If even 1 of the parents get a domicile , u become a maharashtra candidate !!

Also the place frm where ur parent gets the domicile becomes ur home university
There is no shortlisting khyati ! Tht is the best part of cet ! no different gd pi rounds of each college ! no minimum marks as such but yes ideal scores!! the ideal written scores for top colleges are on our orkut community
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=40568507

Hi Khyati,
Peiople are not shortlisted for GD-Pi through there CET marks. Here everyone is allowed to take part in GD-PI process. And after it is over than a cumulative score of CET+GD+PI+PAR+WE is out. And according to your rank a college is alloted a per your preference.
No separate GD-PI rounds for different colleges. You only need to appear once for GD-PI.
This year expected overall cutoff for JB could be around 175. But again this is a speculation by some institutes. So you cannot completely rely on it. Better start preparing for Gd-PI and do your best in this round.

thanks a lot! 😃

Hi swapnil thanx for the immediate help... I was going through brochure.. There In Proforma G for work ex. they want name of thecompany in the stock exchange... So is it BSE or any stock exchange... If it is MNC and registered to NYSE or somewhere else is it fine? Or should it be Indian(listed in BSE) company only?

cat2008aspirant Says
Hi swapnil thanx for the immediate help... I was going through brochure.. There In Proforma G for work ex. they want name of thecompany in the stock exchange... So is it BSE or any stock exchange... If it is MNC and registered to NYSE or somewhere else is it fine? Or should it be Indian(listed in BSE) company only?

It is BSE stock exchange preferably. Though NSE was also considered in some institutes last year. They would not consider any exchange outside India.
But do tell me one thing is your company ready to give the work ex certificate as on proforma G to you? Bcoz most of the companies do not give work ex certificate before leaving the company.