All [Post] CAT 2011 [exam] Discussions

Since CAT slots of 2011 have ended , now we can post our experiences of our CAT exam freely . Also some of us have faced some wrong questions in their test slot , so they can be discussed here and can be conveyed to CAT Convener . Things we c…

Since CAT slots of 2011 have ended , now we can post our experiences of our CAT exam freely . Also some of us have faced some wrong questions in their test slot , so they can be discussed here and can be conveyed to CAT Convener .

Things we can discuss :
1. Test Date + Slot (Morning/Evening)
2. Difficulty Level
3. Attempts
4. Number of Wrong Questions (or Questions with all wrong options) if faced .
5. Best Mock CAT Score
6. Any Feedback

Since CAT slots of 2011 have ended , now we can post our experiences of our CAT exam freely . Also some of us have faced some wrong questions in their test slot , so they can be discussed here and can be conveyed to CAT Convener .

Things we can discuss :
1. Test Date + Slot (Morning/Evening)
2. Difficulty Level
3. Attempts
4. Number of Wrong Questions (or Questions with all wrong options) if faced .
5. Best Mock CAT Score
6. Any Feedback

Sir discussing any question will be a violation of NDA(even if its wrong or right)...and there are numerous threads for experiences and that too on all cat days...so i guess this thread will be closed soon by one of the moderators...

Here I start with my experience of CAT

Things we can discuss :
1. Test Date 24 OCT EVENING
2. Difficulty Level
QUANT/DI - Easy
Verbal - Difficult
LR - Moderate
3. Attempts
Quant - 29
Verbal/LR - Guess(23)
4. Number of Wrong Questions (or Questions with all wrong options)
1 Question in Quant with all wrong options
2 Questions in LR with 2 answers correct
5. Best Mock CAT Score AIMCAT 1202 99.3%

Here I start with my experience of CAT

Things we can discuss :
1. Test Date 24 OCT EVENING
2. Difficulty Level
QUANT/DI - Easy
Verbal - Difficult
LR - Moderate
3. Attempts
Quant - 29
Verbal/LR - Guess(23)
4. Number of Wrong Questions (or Questions with all wrong options)
1 Question in Quant with all wrong options
2 Questions in LR with 2 answers correct
5. Best Mock CAT Score AIMCAT 1202 99.3%

It would be better if we attach an Excel Sheet of all parameters and share it.That would be a concise repository.

1. Test Date: 11th November 2011-Morning
2. Difficulty easy in QA, VA: I am nobody to judge it
3. Attempts: 30 and 30
4. 1 question I am sure is wrong in LR, which is the Truth/Lier Question

Please tell me how to report it. The correct answer is 'Data Inconsistent'
But, the option was 'Data Insufficient'

I somehow changed my option in the last 5 seconds(don't know why?)
But, I am damn sure you cannot say that Data is Insufficient, its inconsistent and not insufficient.

5. Best Mock CAT Score AIMCAT 99.94

Hey... same here I have also taken d test on 11 nov morning ... i think we should report this to IIMC by sending mail to candidate care... what say???

@ All

For your convenience, please find the link to the post which is the repository of all CAT 2011 Experience Threads http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/70686-2011-cat-related-important-links.html#post2995248

Please see that no NDA violation happens during the discussions on this thread. Any violation of NDA shall lead to suspension of concerned person and closure of thread. Also, please avoid posting the same experiences in forthcoming discussions which you have already posted in CAT experiences' thread.

All the best to all :thumbsup:

All the puys, who took CAT on 31 oct 2011, AFTERNOON SLOT , and found inconsistent DI set/sets , I request you to please email your complaints to PROMETRIC.

Why should we just sit back and see injustice being done to us ?!

chandnimagrawal Says
Hey... same here I have also taken d test on 11 nov morning and there was inconsistent data ... i think we should report this to IIMC by sending mail to candidate care... what say???

Totally ! We should ! Please e-mail the complain to PROMETRIC too ...I was going through another thread of PG relating to wrong questions in CAT'10 ...
They did the same thing , and thankfully PROMETRIC guys responded !

hey can u give me ur email id i have sum more doubts

If anyone can tell which was the most difficult slot....?

GRKu Says

That question can't have an objective answer I suppose.. that is purely subjective.. from each individual's point of view..
GRKu Says
Again its subjective. Bt if u want to knw by average no. of attempts it was 6th nov evening slot. what i felt was sunday slots were on tougher side.

i think 12th afternoon was tuff...at least va was out of d world !!! anybody wid me ?

va was tougher across all slots.

anand05infy Says
Again its subjective. Bt if u want to knw by average no. of attempts it was 6th nov evening slot. what i felt was sunday slots were on tougher side.

was it really? My cat was on 6th nov(eve)..and I am really disheartened by d fact that i just attemptd 38 ques...

Hi all,

Everyone generally r discussing abt the difficulty level of each slot.Even in CL website they ve rated the difficulty level of all the slots(till nov 14 ) .But we all kno tat in the same slot and center even thr were different papers. So i guess the normalization depends on the paper and not slot(atleast this is wat i understood) it ll be good if someone cud throw some light on this

Thanks

@sachinrox bhai can u post the link for difficulty rating of different slots of CAT 2011 given by CL

hey puys .. Some people told that TIME and CL come up with their percentile predictors a few days after CAT is over ?? Is it true ??

And when is that gonna be ??